Who has installed a toilet seat bidet / swash?

best_potsticker_in_town said:
I noticed that Costco is constantly running promos on toilet seat bidets. For example:https://www.costco.com/brondell-swash-cl1700-bidet-toilet-seat.product.100648788.html

Has anyone gotten one of these installed? Looks like the only barrier to entry is the electrical outlet that needs to go behind the toilet, which should be a standard job for an electrician. Is it worth the $300 (bidet) + $100 (electrical outlet) for a cleaner posterior?
Yes on all the counts. I got mine from Costco, model 1000-something. The electrical work is easy, but you will have to repair and repaint the drywall.

There are a couple ways to do the outlet, assuming you have another outlet nearby.  Breaking drywall and patching/painting is 1 way.  Or you can use a flex drill bit to drill through the stud from the outlet hole and then fish the romex through.  You'll not likely get a pro to show up to your house to do either for $100 and, technically, you're supposed to get a permit.

I love my bidget!

Go with the Japanese brand TOTO. It's a little more expensive but worthy upgrade.

You can get a handyman to install a outlet for $100 - $150

It's totally worth it, your wife will thank you. Plus you'll save on toilet paper  :p

daedalus said:
There are a couple ways to do the outlet, assuming you have another outlet nearby.  Breaking drywall and patching/painting is 1 way.  Or you can use a flex drill bit to drill through the stud from the outlet hole and then fish the romex through.  You'll not likely get a pro to show up to your house to do either for $100 and, technically, you're supposed to get a permit.

I got an electrician that would do this for around that price.  If anyone wants his info just PM me.  He does electrical work for the builders so he knows the new homes in Irvine.

Kenkoko said:
I love my bidget!

Go with the Japanese brand TOTO. It's a little more expensive but worthy upgrade.

You can get a handyman to install a outlet for $100 - $150

It's totally worth it, your wife will thank you. Plus you'll save on toilet paper  :p

The kohler Numi is 👌🏽

I installed a water pressure bidet and I love it. I don't have an electrical outlet in my toilet room and I'm too cheap to pay for one to be installed for a fancier bidet.

I went ahead and ordered the one I linked from Costco. Now, I gotta call the electrician to make me an outlet. Directly opposite the bathroom is a bedroom with an outlet. Hopefully he can drill through the stud rather than making drywall holes. I'll report back in a week or two after installed!

I installed a Toto Washlet in my place a few years ago, and I will never go back. I bought the cheapest model from Amazon for $270, but with the knowledge I have now I would be willing to pay much, much more for it.

I recently came of age for my first colonoscopy, which involved guzzling a gallon of laxative solution. That experience alone completely justifies the expense of the Washlet.

The most difficult task is to fit the seat bidet to the toilet bowl profile. Different brands have different measurements and can fit differently.

akkord said:
daedalus said:

I got an electrician that would do this for around that price.  If anyone wants his info just PM me.  He does electrical work for the builders so he knows the new homes in Irvine.
If you could pass his info along, that would be great. Thanks!

Back