Protest, Riot, Curfew

This needs to stop. The businesses that got looted and destroyed have nothing to do with Floyd.

From what I see. People are taking advantage of this situation.
Peaceful protest is okay. But destroying property and causing damage is not.

Tonight is going to be a buffet for criminal groups in LA. The police are too busy with fires and rioters. Get your criminal friends, back up a truck to your favorite store and start loading up. No one will stop you.

Getting closer... just saw on the news riots and looting on Bristol and McFadden, I drive by there all the time. 

The 1990's had the Rodney King Video, leading to the Reginald Denny Video.

The 2020's now have the George Floyd Video which has lead to the Dallas Riot victim Video.

So very familiar to anyone else who lived here in the early 90's?

My .02c

I saw on Nextdoor tomorrow 2pm there?s a protest at Irvine City Hall (sigh).  Also today people were protesting at Irvine Mayors house demanding rent relief. 

The flyer has a fist in the air, nice.  Might want to stay clear of that area (Harvard and Alton) tomorrow.

another protest leads to another riot?  you don't say?

protesters say they shouldn't be lumped in with rioters, yet they're the ones giving them cover.

news flash: if you're protesting, you're part of the problem - whether you like it or not.  if all protests end now, then rioters will easily be controlled.

Back in 92, the rioters were really angry and killed dozens of people including firefighters. The current rioters look like they are just out shopping using the Rodney King Discount.

I've always believed that the economic and psychological damage caused by the lockdowns would greatly increase the threat of massive civil unrest. Note that most of the protesters are not black. The video of Floyd being murdered is the last thing a population traumatized by the lockdown and gripped by fear needs to see.

Happiness said:
I've always believed that the economic and psychological damage caused by the lockdowns would greatly increase the threat of massive civil unrest. Note that most of the protesters are not black. The video of Floyd being murdered is the last thing a population traumatized by the lockdown and gripped by fear needs to see.

It is called people are taking advantage of the situation. Where are the leaders in the black and latino community? To say stop the rioting bs!

will we see #justiceforpatrick protests and riots today?  doubtful.

Family identifies federal officer shot, killed in connection with George Floyd protest in Oakland

The family and friends of the Federal Protective Service officer who was shot and killed at the Federal Building in Oakland Friday night have confirmed his identity to ABC7 I-Team's Dan Noyes. The victim is 53-year-old Patrick Underwood of Pinole, Calif.

According to the 53-year-old's loved ones, he worked for the same company that has a contract with the Department of Homeland Security for nine years. His sister, Angela Underwood Jacobs, confirmed Underwood died on Friday night. Angela Jacobs posted on her Facebook page saying,"My brother, Dave Patrick Underwood, a federal officer, was murdered 5/29/20 in Oakland California, while on duty during the riots. This Violence Must Stop."

https://abc7news.com/george-floyd-protest-oakland-federal-officer-killed-patrick-underwood-in/6221576/

Happiness said:

So you are saying if there were no lockdowns none of this would happen?

Or are you just trying to politicize this too?

Kings said:
will we see #justiceforpatrick protests and riots today?  doubtful.

Family identifies federal officer shot, killed in connection with George Floyd protest in Oakland

The family and friends of the Federal Protective Service officer who was shot and killed at the Federal Building in Oakland Friday night have confirmed his identity to ABC7 I-Team's Dan Noyes. The victim is 53-year-old Patrick Underwood of Pinole, Calif.

According to the 53-year-old's loved ones, he worked for the same company that has a contract with the Department of Homeland Security for nine years. His sister, Angela Underwood Jacobs, confirmed Underwood died on Friday night. Angela Jacobs posted on her Facebook page saying,"My brother, Dave Patrick Underwood, a federal officer, was murdered 5/29/20 in Oakland California, while on duty during the riots. This Violence Must Stop."

https://abc7news.com/george-floyd-protest-oakland-federal-officer-killed-patrick-underwood-in/6221576/

irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

Stack enough TNT in your house, and you make yourself much more susceptible to the danger of a random spark.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

Stack enough TNT in your house, and you make yourself much more susceptible to the danger of a random spark.

Oh he just made a threat. Alert police agencies!

Back