Author Topic: Protest, Riot, Curfew  (Read 12232 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 418
  • -Received: 671
Re: Protest, Riot, Curfew
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 11:21:52 AM »
Once again. The fake President does nothing to calm down the US. He is gaslighting as usual.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »

whether you believe this was all planned from the beginning or not, all of those items occurred and the result is an explosion like you're seeing play out live. 

i'm a little disappointed the open the beach protesters didn't burn down public buildings and loot private businesses.  they need to do better!

This alternative narrative (or the popular “outside agitators” narrative) are really for people who finds it more comfortable to believe in some grand conspiracy than in the obvious truth that people have fucking had it.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2486
  • -Received: 3830
  • 3CWG
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 11:28:37 AM »
Trying to stay non-partisan here but these riots are bad for both parties... if you think that you can blame it on one or the other... that's short sighted... this is an "us" problem.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 11:29:44 AM »
So about the masks. I really think down the road we're going to find some "issues" with those things. They provide a nice warm moist environment for bacteria to grow. I doubt that most people will wear fabric masks that they wash after one use and the disposable are supposed to be one time use. I see lots of people either wearing them below their noses (apparently aren't really aware or don't care they are supposed to be covering their noses) or under their chin, pulling them up over their face when they enter buildings (contaminating their hands with whatever is on the outside of the mask).

Never mind they are being used incorrectly, is it really a good idea to breathe into a paper bag for hours? Is it a good idea to have that warm moist environment (ie petri dish) right up against your nose?

But hey, feel free to go to work or send your kids to school and wear those things all day long for days or weeks or more. See what happens.

Not really on topic for this thread and I asked you this before... but why do you make masks if you don't think they are useful? Kind of contradictory.
I recommend:

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 445
  • -Received: 397
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »
So about the masks. I really think down the road we're going to find some "issues" with those things. They provide a nice warm moist environment for bacteria to grow. I doubt that most people will wear fabric masks that they wash after one use and the disposable are supposed to be one time use. I see lots of people either wearing them below their noses (apparently aren't really aware or don't care they are supposed to be covering their noses) or under their chin, pulling them up over their face when they enter buildings (contaminating their hands with whatever is on the outside of the mask).

Never mind they are being used incorrectly, is it really a good idea to breathe into a paper bag for hours? Is it a good idea to have that warm moist environment (ie petri dish) right up against your nose?

But hey, feel free to go to work or send your kids to school and wear those things all day long for days or weeks or more. See what happens.

Not really on topic for this thread and I asked you this before... but why do you make masks if you don't think they are useful? Kind of contradictory.

One good thing about all the masks is it provides employment for all the workers who have to pick up the used masks discarded all over the place by mask wearers. :)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »

One good thing about all the masks is it provides employment for all the workers who have to pick up the used masks discarded all over the place by mask wearers. :)

But Rich Mitch says to wear masks a contradiction to Trump.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Trying to stay non-partisan here but these riots are bad for both parties... if you think that you can blame it on one or the other... that's short sighted... this is an "us" problem.

But you and I are not the president. It goes to show time and time and again. He does not know what he is doing.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »

But you and I are not the president. It goes to show time and time and again. He does not know what he is doing.

Sure. But no president by themselves will fix police brutality, racism, stupidity or excessive violence... this requires everyone to work together.

It's not as easy as with a pandemic where we can get most people to unite in doing things to prevent more deaths.
I recommend:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

Sure. But no president by themselves will fix police brutality, racism, stupidity or excessive violence... this requires everyone to work together.

It's not as easy as with a pandemic where we can get most people to unite in doing things to prevent more deaths.

But most presidents do no have repetitive gaslighting behavior. (Lies after lies)
It does not help when the leader of the country does not say anything constructive. Someone needs to tell him that people roll their eyes when he talks or tweets. Sorry people are fed up!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2020, 01:55:21 PM »
Huntington Beach protest unlawful assembly declared (cbs news)

(I see white/latino people with signs and hands up) Small group compared to LA

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 445
  • -Received: 397
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2020, 02:17:10 PM »
Fine upstanding UC Irvine students demand free rent and utilities from Mayor Shea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WasS-CEnfs

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 194
  • -Received: 743
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2020, 04:16:59 PM »
Surprised the mayor can only afford a condo.  She needs to move to Laguna Altura or Altair behind the gates.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 829
  • -Received: 1071
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
Protests are a genuine call to end police brutality.

The riots seem to be fanned by economics as well as intentional anarchy. Keeping low wage and gig employed people off the job for 120 days (or more), give them stimulus and unemployment pay and not much else and what can be expected?

Had George Floyd not been murdered and sparking these protests, I have long been convinced we would see some kind of protests and violence in July and August due to the collapse of people's personal economy.

My .02c

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2020, 05:40:24 PM »
It's sad because I was encouraged to see society unite to fight this pandemic which made it seem that together, we can make a difference... but then the lockdown/qwerty protests and now this.
I recommend:

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 194
  • -Received: 743
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2020, 06:24:15 PM »
Just got an email Irvine Company shopping centers are closing all business today at 5pm due to potential protesting and riots tonight. 

Guess I’ll have to buy dinner in Foothill Ranch.  Time to move to RSM perhaps haha.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal