WHEN was the last time YOU........

StarmanMBA

- Picked up litter, a beer bottle, empty cigarette pack, nail, screw, or broken glass from the street, parking lot, sidewalk or park where you were walking
- Called SCE about a street light that was on in broad daylight and needs to be repaired to save taxpayer money and poor, pitiful polar bears
- Called city hall about park lights or school lights burning in broad daylight, wasting money and killing Mother Gaia
- Called IRWD about a leaking irrigation valve
- Called city hall about an electrical hazard which might be fatal to a small child
- Notified another driver about one of their brake lights that is burned out, usually the center one goes first (I have a sign printed on 4 1/4" by 11' card stock which reads
BRAKE LIGHT
    OUT
and I honk my horn and show it several times a day, to drivers unaware of their safety violation.  If we are at a red light, I motion for them to roll down their window and then say "No Hillary supporter helped you!" They unfailingly agree and laugh.)

- Notified a business about wastefulness or a problem they need to address to serve their customers better and more profitably

Now, how often, if ever, have you done these things in the past five years? Ponder that even if you choose not to answer for the most obvious reason.

nosuchreality said:
I notify the admins on TI about problem posters...  :D

Your heroicism is truly humbling.  Readers of this forum will line up to express their respect and gratitude for your selfless contributions.

Stopped on the freeway to change a flat tire for a stranded woman?
In this day of cell phones, it may not be as critical as it was in yesteryear, but still, what if she doesn't have a cell phone? 
Putting on a spare tire is a cinch for most men, perhaps not Democrats, but most men.  For women, it's the equivalent of a man preparing and serving a wonderful dinner.  Not something we want to think about.

I've changed about two dozen, and replaced a broken radiator hose for a young lady on Christmas eve as she went into our home with many family and friends and enjoyed food and juice.

A lady dropped her purse in front of me. Being a non-white I thought it was in my best interest to not pick up her purse to help her out.

Especially as I was wearing a mask :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Chivalry flexing? :)

Trying to  prevent another murder from happening.  Denise Huber died a horrible death because:
1.  Nobody would pick up the nail or screw in the street and
2.  No decent man would stop and change her tire for her.

Is that all you can do is criticize others even when they have good intentions?  Your arrogance, your condescension, your cynicism is so typical of the Left.  You voted for Hillary, didn't you?

Try learning and finding good, instead of being hateful and negative.  Or is that too much to ask.

StarmanMBA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Chivalry flexing? :)

Trying to  prevent another murder from happening.  Denise Huber died a horrible death because:
1.  Nobody would pick up the nail or screw in the street and
2.  No decent man would stop and change her tire for her.

Is that all you can do is criticize others even when they have good intentions?  Your arrogance, your condescension, your cynicism is so typical of the Left.  You voted for Hillary, didn't you?

Try learning and finding good, instead of being hateful and negative.  Or is that too much to ask.

Where have I been hateful? And you are so wrong... I am probably more conservative than you.

I voted for neither... but I will say back then, I would never have voted for Hillary. Now, not sure. :)

Plus, it's one thing to say we should all do more. It's another thing so say "I've done more than you".

[quote author=irvinehomeowner

Where have I been hateful? And you are so wrong... I am probably more conservative than you.[/QUOTE]

You sure fooled me. You talk like one of them.

Plus, it's one thing to say we should all do more. It's another thing so say "I've done more than you".

I never said that, and you had the audacity to put it in quotation marks.  I simply pointed out a grotesquely overlooked way to assist women who need help.  And you mocked it  as "Chivalry flexing" instead of realizing it's really "Potentially saving a woman's life."  That's not so difficult, is it?  Now don't put your words in anyone  else's mouth.

While I'm at it, here's another thing few men do:

Push a stalled car on the freeway to the shoulder using your bumper. 
It clears the freeway immediately and dramatically reduces the chances of rear end accidents and long traffic backups.  Tell them to put it in neutral, give a good push and touch your brakes when they're going fast enough. I've done it 50 times with never a bad result.

StarmanMBA said:
[quote author=irvinehomeowner

Where have I been hateful? And you are so wrong... I am probably more conservative than you.

You sure fooled me. You talk like one of them.

I never said that, and you had the audacity to put it in quotation marks.  I simply pointed out a grotesquely overlooked way to assist women who need help.  And you mocked it  as "Chivalry flexing" instead of realizing it's really "Potentially saving a woman's life."  That's not so difficult, is it?  Now don't put your words in anyone  else's mouth.

It clears the freeway immediately and dramatically reduces the chances of rear end accidents and long traffic backups.  Tell them to put it in neutral, give a good push and touch your brakes when they're going fast enough. I've done it 50 times with never a bad result.
[/quote]

You are so wierd

StarmanMBA said:

We disagree. Saying you've changed "two dozen" is *in my opinion* a "I've done more than you" remark.

So again, are you saying that if us men have not done this "50 times" we are not men?

Here is something people should not do... make assumptions based on posts in an Internet forum.

irvinehomeowner said:
So again, are you saying that if us men have not done this "50 times" we are not men?

I didn't say that at all.  You are acting like a Leftist.  They try to put their words in other people's mouths all the time and then ridicule those into whose mouths they have just placed lies and assumptions.

Here is something people should not do... make assumptions based on posts in an Internet forum.

That is precisely what you did, repeatedly. You're a waste of time and I don't care to read any more of your nonsense.

Join others like yourself on my Ignore List.  If what I say is so offensive to you, then YOU should not want to read it any more.  Instead, you and your pals stalk and harass me, contradicting your own snark that my posts are worthless.

ciao brutto

StarmanMBA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I didn't say that at all.  You are acting like a Leftist.  They try to put their words in other people's mouths all the time and then ridicule those into whose mouths they have just placed lies and assumptions.

That is precisely what you did, repeatedly. You're a waste of time and I don't care to read any more of your nonsense.

Join others like yourself on my Ignore List.  If what I say is so offensive to you, then YOU should not want to read it any more.  Instead, you and your pals stalk and harass me, contradicting your own snark that my posts are worthless.

ciao brutto

Since I'm on ignore (yay!)...

When was the last time you... admitted you made a mistake?

Starman did it at least twice... assumed I was a "Leftist" and and thought I posted something when it was someone else.

When was the last time you... chickened out and put someone on ignore just because you couldn't deal with their opinion.

Few men stand and take the heat... I guess Starman isn't one of them. He thinks he's being "harassed" and "ridiculed"... how ironic as he makes assumptions about entire groups of people.

"Boo... you guys aren't thanking me"
"You guys aren't smart enough to solve my puzzles"
"You guys don't read my links"
"You guys don't change as many tires as I do"
"You and your pals stalk and harass me"

Wah... it's called the Internet... you're throwing rocks but are whining about pebbles.

Some of the stuff you post is good... others are not... deal with the criticism or hide behind your ignore list... it's a free country/internet/forum.

On today's walk through a parking lot, I picked up several pieces of litter and then bent over to pick  up one more.    It was a wadded up five dollar bill. 

Two weeks ago, on Walnut, I picked up a piece of plastic. It was a Target gift card with $10 on it.

When was the last time YOU picked up some cash while cleaning up Irvine?

StarmanMBA said:
On today's walk through a parking lot, I picked up several pieces of litter and then bent over to pick  up one more.    It was a wadded up five dollar bill. 

Two weeks ago, on Walnut, I picked up a piece of plastic. It was a Target gift card with $10 on it.

When was the last time YOU picked up some cash while cleaning up Irvine?

Now you sound like more of an environmentalist.  ;)
Your new phrase should be: pick up trash for cash

What is up with the jab to Irvine? Also, you both use the word sic. (Do you know this guy name Liar?)

DBtoOC said:
You are so wierd (sic)

The average American will drive past your wife or daughter should she need assistance.  So yes, I am "weird," which you should learn how to spell, compared to the average person, who is lazy and generally unconcerned about others.  But you're inconsiderate and rude.

StarmanMBA said:
you should learn how to spell, compared to the average person, who is lazy and generally unconcerned about others.  But you're inconsiderate and rude.

StarmanMBA said:

Irony.

Back