Dumbbells in stock anywhere?

icey

Still a major shortage of dumbbells. Those that are available are running for ridiculous prices.

Post here if you found any.

You might find many used exercise equipment on the market in near future as gyms close and buyers in Eastern Europe dry up.

Even a single small private gym will have a 100+ members, many of whom are now looking to buy equipment.  Not a good ratio.  I got a good deal on a dumbbell set from Costco some years back.  5-40 lb pairs for $200, with a stand.  But there's only so much you can do with them, even with a flat bench.  Guess I could have halfway decent biceps and saggy everything else.  When my gym closed I just quit working out.  I expect they'll be opening back up this summer.

OP: I sourced some for my friend last week. Didn?t have a ton of luck through retailers - lifefitness has some but 2-3 week delivery plus $$ shipping. Power blocks were easier to come by. Also try Facebook marketplace. I saw a bunch on there.

I'm not familiar with the buff economy... how much do dumbbells usually go for?

Is it $1/lb? I see 15lb and 25lb on Dick's for $15 and $25... out of stock but is that the normal price?

I sold my powerblocks at a huge markup few weeks ago.  Anything that's on CL, ND, or FB is expensive, guess if you want them now, you'll need to pay a premium. 

I'm just doing body weight exercises, cardio, core, & HIIT with bands for now. Coming off a shoulder injury that is still bothering me so perfect time to get rid of the weights instead of trying to get back on them too soon. 

akkord said:
I sold my powerblocks at a huge markup few weeks ago.  Anything that's on CL, ND, or FB is expensive, guess if you want them now, you'll need to pay a premium. 

I'm just doing body weight exercises, cardio, core, & HIIT with bands for now. Coming off a shoulder injury that is still bothering me so perfect time to get rid of the weights instead of trying to get back on them too soon. 

Been using lots of bands lately and those seem much easier to come by without the crazy markup

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm not familiar with the buff economy... how much do dumbbells usually go for?

Is it $1/lb? I see 15lb and 25lb on Dick's for $15 and $25... out of stock but is that the normal price?

Yes, $1 a pound has typically been the going rate, more for premium brands or the heavier sets that don?t sell well

Or if you buy in bulk can get huge discounts

daedalus said:
Even a single small private gym will have a 100+ members, many of whom are now looking to buy equipment.  Not a good ratio.  I got a good deal on a dumbbell set from Costco some years back.  5-40 lb pairs for $200, with a stand.  But there's only so much you can do with them, even with a flat bench.  Guess I could have halfway decent biceps and saggy everything else.  When my gym closed I just quit working out.  I expect they'll be opening back up this summer.

You got an amazing deal. Even before the virus that would have gone for over $1000 minimum

bones said:
OP: I sourced some for my friend last week. Didn?t have a ton of luck through retailers - lifefitness has some but 2-3 week delivery plus $$ shipping. Power blocks were easier to come by. Also try Facebook marketplace. I saw a bunch on there.

Thanks will check it out

icey said:
You got an amazing deal. Even before the virus that would have gone for over $1000 minimum

Well, this was 10 years ago (I actually remember it was March 2010), but as I recall the regular price was around $450 or so back then at Costco, which was a good deal relative to what I could find at Big 5.  It was a .00 eyecatcher lol.

Back