Dentist

Has your dental office re-opened?

If so, are you thrilled with both your dentist and their staff?

What type of new virus-related precautions are they taking?

Are they accepting new patients?

I just went for my cleaning at Sean Yu's office. Everybody had a gown, mask, eye protection. They told me they have a patient shield being delivered soon. From their description it sounds like a clear plastic box with arm inserts like they use with NICU babies who need isolation.

Maserson said:
I just went for my cleaning at Sean Yu's office. Everybody had a gown, mask, eye protection. They told me they have a patient shield being delivered soon. From their description it sounds like a clear plastic box with arm inserts like they use with NICU babies who need isolation.

imagine already being nervous going to the dentist and adding a little claustrophobia to top it off

Maserson said:

I'm familiar with this product for dental isolation:https://www.zyris.com/Demand is high so Dentists are having to wait a few weeks.

imagine already being nervous going to the dentist and adding a little claustrophobia to top it off
[/quote]

Yeah, if it's the aerosol box, I'd decline if it was an option. Too claustrophobic for me.

paperboyNC said:
Maserson said:

I'm familiar with this product for dental isolation:https://www.zyris.com/Demand is high so Dentists are having to wait a few weeks.

I've used plastic box shields in the hospital for intubations and they suck. Very difficult to maneuver/manipulate/visualize a patient's airway. I prefer using a PAPR (space suit with filtered positive pressure air supply) and a video scope. I'm sure a dentist would have the same issues using a plastic box shield. That Zyris product looks like a better solution.

Maserson said:

I am surprised that your dentist is scheduling hygienist appointments at this time -- especially since some dental offices have not yet re-opened.

I feel like there's a decent amount of dentists open.
Both of mine are doing the call when you arrive, wait in the car, text/call when your room is ready, mask required, and mouth rinse.
The pediatric one is no parents allowed unless your kid is too young and needs you.

I give dentists a lot of credit. All that drilling, aerosol contamination, and close proximity puts them at high risk for covid.  I hope they have stringent cleaning protocols and a high level of PPE.

Back