Car Wash Options

Even though full service car wash businesses are now allowed to re-open, I don't know that I'm comfortable having several total strangers inside my vehicle per visit -- even if they are wearing masks and gloves.

Are there any good drive-through options available in Irvine?

Another option is to clean your car yourself. A previous TI member used a pressure washer to clean his car.

I bought a pressure washer and a soap dispenser to wash my car. It's a fun "break" for me from everyday life.

Cares said:
I bought a pressure washer and a soap dispenser to wash my car. It's a fun "break" for me from everyday life.

Belly is that you?  ;)

did you get the pressure washer from Costco?

eyephone said:
Another option is to clean your car yourself. A previous TI member used a pressure washer to clean his car.
I don't think pressure washers are needed to wash your own car. In fact, given the power of a pressure washer, I think there is a better chance you do more harm than good.  When I think of pressure washers, I think of it more for cleaning your concrete surfaces, etc. 

This was my pressure washer:

water-815475_640.jpg

Bullsback said:
eyephone said:
I don't think pressure washers are needed to wash your own car. In fact, given the power of a pressure washer, I think there is a better chance you do more harm than good.  When I think of pressure washers, I think of it more for cleaning your concrete surfaces, etc.

Pretty sure its an attachment with soap dispenser, for foam cleaning your car.  I've never done it, but my brother has.  Not the spray off the bird shit off your concrete or patio furniture type of pressure. 

BusyHomeowner said:
lnc said:
This is my go to drive-through car wash for my DD,  Fast5Express.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/fast5xpress-car-wash-irvine

Thanks for the information.

I noticed a number of complaints on the web regarding this car wash.  I assume you have not experienced the problems described in such complaints (such as scratched paint, etc.).

I have not experiencing scratches but I?m expecting it will happen from time to time, that?s just the nature of machine roller drive through type of car wash.  And the rollers will miss a lot of dead spots, so make bring some towels with you and go through the car at vacuum parking spot.  Can?t complain much since the starting price is only $7. 

Depending on quality of water in your area, you may want to install an in-line water filter for your hose.  This may help in reducing hard water spots.

Chemical guys, which is based in Gardena here in So Cal, carries wide variety of car wash products.  You can order directly from their web site at a discount vs Amazon.

momopi said:
Depending on quality of water in your area, you may want to install an in-line water filter for your hose.  This may help in reducing hard water spots.

Chemical guys, which is based in Gardena here in So Cal, carries wide variety of car wash products.  You can order directly from their web site at a discount vs Amazon.

Prime Day coming up, Amazon usually has a ton of Chemical Guys stuff on their lightning deals based on my experience, if you're not in a rush, wait for Prime Day to see if anything pops that you need. 

Get a water softener, no hard spots to worry about!

Please support your local business and purchase Chemical Guys products from local retailer or via mail order from them directly:
https://www.chemicalguys.com/storelocator

Amazon has made enough money from the COVID-19 lockdown, swimming in cash while our local retailers were bleeding.  It's time to stop that bleeding.

lnc said:

-----

I decided to try your suggestion.

The "Silver" option resulted in my car being much shinier than expected.  (In retrospect, it may have been a good idea to remove any small spots that car wash brushes might miss (such as pollen) before leaving home.)

Have you ever tried the "Gold" option?  It adds:
* RAIN-X Complete Surface Protection
* ARMOR ALL Tire shine

BusyHomeowner said:
lnc said:

-----

I decided to try your suggestion.

The "Silver" option resulted in my car being much shinier than expected.  (In retrospect, it may have been a good idea to remove any small spots that car wash brushes might miss (such as pollen) before leaving home.)

Have you ever tried the "Gold" option?  It adds:
* RAIN-X Complete Surface Protection
* ARMOR ALL Tire shine

Silver wash is the only option I?ve been using and have not try any wash options. 

Back