Which restaurants can you dine in?

irvinehomeowner

Yesterday the go ahead was given to allow Orange County restaurants to do dine-in.

I don't know which ones in Irvine are doing that yet hence this thread.

I did notice at Cypress Village that people are eating on the tables but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not.

People have been eating at the outdoor food court tables in foothill ranch for a while.

To answer your question: I don't know. Seems like most want to keep it on the down low.

We mostly pickup various places around Irvine and Newport / Laguna beach.

Haven?t feel warm and cozy enuff to sit down since the lock down begun.

In my opinion they officials do not get consumer confidence. They really know politics.
They should go over what Mark Cuban said is needed to restart the economy.

Looking at OpenTable at reservations for a random weekday evening, the only Irvine restaurant to choose is Del Frisco's.

There are options in surrounding cities as well

irvinehomeowner said:
Got an email that Sizzler's in Lake Forest is open for dine-in... I wonder if that includes their soup/salad/food bar? :)

Interesting. Tell me how it goes.

Casa de Eyephone is my go to spot.  :)

Going to restaurants that are at 50% capacity is too depressing.  I went to Paul Martin / Spectrum the weekend before the shutdown.  What should have been a busy Saturday had only 3 other parties in the restaurant.  Just didn't feel right. 

Has anyone tried wagyu meat and grill in Buena Park?

They are opening one up in the old baskin Robbins location at culver/Irvine center drive.

Tempted to go up to Buena Park and get take out. Dishes looks good

aquabliss said:
Going to restaurants that are at 50% capacity is too depressing.  I went to Paul Martin / Spectrum the weekend before the shutdown.  What should have been a busy Saturday had only 3 other parties in the restaurant.  Just didn't feel right. 

Just goes to show that even if there were not government mandates... businesses would have still suffered. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:

Just goes to show that even if there were not government mandates... businesses would have still suffered. :)

Since businesses are opening up. The new movement is no masks. Lol

qwerty said:

They are opening one up in the old baskin Robbins location at culver/Irvine center drive.

Oh that looks tasty, when does the Irvine location open?

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:

Oh that looks tasty, when does the Irvine location open?

Not sure. I?m in that plaza a lot so I?ll update the post when it opens.

Looks like outdoor seating at strip malls is ok to eat at. Signs in TIC properties say social distance and stay with who you know.

Went to Chick-Fil-A the other day because it's one of the few places open after 8pm and they said they are in no hurry to open their dining area. They are doing so much drive-thru/take-out business they don't see the need to add dine-in service this soon.

Back