California Pacific Homes Builder reviews

andy

I have been trying to find some reviews on California Pacific Homes Builder and specifically on their new homes in Portola Springs community such as Brisaa, Crissa, Celeste and Montara, Talise.
Anyone who owns these or has any experience? Your feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

andy said:
I have been trying to find some reviews on California Pacific Homes Builder and specifically on their new homes in Portola Springs community such as Brisaa, Crissa, Celeste and Montara, Talise.
Anyone who owns these or has any experience? Your feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

I live in a Cal Pac home and I'm pretty familiar with their offerings at Portola as I've referred a few buyers over there and toured multiple times. If you have specific questions feel free to PM me.

Thank you Mermott for posting the links.
Thanks cares & moc for the offer to assist, will send you pm.

I believe you guys, but I haven?t seen anyone saying.. ?I bought calpac/tic/5p home and it sucks!? Maybe Irvine is that good?

andy said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I bought calpac/tic/5p home and it sucks!

:)

Can you please be more specific about what you do not like about Calpac? What is tic, 5p?

Sorry andy, that was a joke. I've never bought a Calpac home.

TIC is The Irvine Company... so they own certain builders in Irvine. CalPac is one of them I believe (I don't know nowadays as builders change hands and ownership).

5P is Five Points... they are the Great Park which is made up of a number of builders, Lennar, KB, Richmond etc.

I think all builders are pretty decent, there will always be anomalies but they will tend to make sure new owners have a great experience if they want to keep selling their product.

irvinehomeowner said:
andy said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I bought calpac/tic/5p home and it sucks!

:)

Can you please be more specific about what you do not like about Calpac? What is tic, 5p?

Sorry andy, that was a joke. I've never bought a Calpac home.

TIC is The Irvine Company... so they own certain builders in Irvine. CalPac is one of them I believe (I don't know nowadays as builders change hands and ownership).

5P is Five Points... they are the Great Park which is made up of a number of builders, Lennar, KB, Richmond etc.

I think all builders are pretty decent, there will always be anomalies but they will tend to make sure new owners have a great experience if they want to keep selling their product.

We were told that CalPac is under TIC's umbrella when we bought our home (2019). So while they may have change ownership in the last six months, I believe they are an Irvine Company builder!

Wish this builder can be kicked out from Irvine even though the boss is the son of the Irvine company... well ... don?t even know where to start!

Right after you signed the purchase agreement with them, it cost you all your time and energy to deal with everyone who works for this company just to receive a poor functioning ?new home?. Yes, the home is cheaper compared to those built by its father - Irvine company - Irvine pacific, but you really GET WHAY YOU PAY FOR, and will cost you more and more in the long run.

First, they delivered a unfinished, not functioning well ?new home? and told you that you would have one year complimentary/warranty period that you can have issues/problems fixed ?for free? (they emphasized every time came lol)!
Then comes the ?awesome? part by the builder maintenance service people!

**They came and asked us: What?s wrong with the new house? I don?t see anything wrong with it. If you are upsetting because I am telling you that can?t help, then I will go...

LOL WE LITERALLY JUST TOLD THEM TO LEAVE OUR HOME RIGHT AWAY! We wasted every single day for 3 months since we moved in to deal with issues of the home, and we were the one filing the service ticket with the question they asked us. However, they came and asked us back the same question then told us they don?t see anything and they don?t know what to do

1) The gutter and the vent are missing few parts since day 1 that cause big noises during raining, you literally hear the rain dripping and dropping heavily thru the wall and on the of your bathroom ceiling. 2) The kitchen fan? outer vent pipe/part is not even sealed the whole time (we barely cooked after moving, so we didn?t notice but there?s weird smells) and it creates a toxic smells on the second floor every time we turn on the kitchen fan. 3) the recessed lighting popped out from the ceilings after two months living inside, they came to put it back on, then it popped again, then Cal Pac Home sent someone who failed to put it back again, then again, again and again .... this life cycle just won?t end... 4) the ?brand new? garage door seal is peeling off both sides, and we will need to replace them 5) they didn?t lift up the sewer pipe cap for the entire block of the new home, so all the ?p**? water reverse back into everyone?s garage and first floor bedroom... 6) exterior address lights are always off 7) ..... we can go on and on and on and on...

Okay, they provided a list of service provider that we can contact for ?possible? services. WOW! Their contractor service providers are even ?better? at this!

1) they don?t show up everytime we made the service appointment for over 3 times and the representative just told us to call back the builder. 2) they don?t even pick up 3) I don?t think they even exist....

So, conclusion is it?s a TOTAL NIGHTMARE BUYING A HOME FROM CALIFORNIA PACIFIC HOME in Irvine. Stay away! We regret so much after 3 month living in the house.

We will try to deal with this against their practice with some legal advice, but this business is owned by the son of the Irvine Company... maybe too powerful to deal with just like the orchard hill asphalt issue with the Irvine company ...

Just want to warn everyone, I know their price is lower, and that was the main reason we bought the home as our first home before our 30s... lessons LEARNED!

Back