Estimate of deaths by end of June from Covid-19

We are over 80k... where will we be by end of June?

• less than 100k

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 100k-125k

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 125k-150k

• 150k+

• 200k+

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

Covid has already killed more people in 3.5 months in the US than the "regular" flu's deadliest season.

And this was while we were staying home.

Where do you think we will be at by end of June?

I hope it's less than 100k... but with qwerty not wearing a mask it's going to be higher than that. :)

Kings said:
less than 60k

we will go back and determine via autopsy that we overcounted to pump up the numbers

For profit.  Uncle Sam pays states to report Covid as the cause of death, so what do you think they are going to do!

StarmanMBA said:
Kings said:
less than 60k

we will go back and determine via autopsy that we overcounted to pump up the numbers

For profit.  Uncle Sam pays states to report Covid as the cause of death, so what do you think they are going to do!

He is against the data. Because it does not fit into his agenda.
Let me take a guess. You do not believe in vaccines? The man to the moon was fake?
Conspiracy theories are getting old.

eyephone said:
Let me take a guess. You do not believe in vaccines? The man to the moon was fake?

You dishonestly, reprehensibly put YOUR words into MY mouth and then get indignant over YOUR WORDS maliciously and dishonestly put into MY mouth. 
How Democrat of you. 
I've had more of your nonsense than I care to read.  Life is too short to have to put up with people who never add anything to a discussion except pettiness and lies.
My Ignore List just grew by you, and to think you gave me a warm welcome recently.  I forgot you thanked querty when he smeared me with vulgar hatefulness which does not bear repeating.

Go from the presence of a foolish man. - The Holy Bible

ciao, brutto

StarmanMBA said:
eyephone said:

You dishonestly, reprehensibly put YOUR words into MY mouth and then get indignant over YOUR WORDS maliciously and dishonestly put into MY mouth. 
How Democrat of you. 
I've had more of your nonsense than I care to read.  Life is too short to have to put up with people who never add anything to a discussion except pettiness and lies.
My Ignore List just grew by you, and to think you gave me a warm welcome recently.  I forgot you thanked querty when he smeared me with vulgar hatefulness which does not bear repeating.

Go from the presence of a foolish man. - The Holy Bible

ciao, brutto

Please refresh our memory. What did qwerty say to you?

irvinehomeowner said:
Covid has already killed more people in 3.5 months in the US than the "regular" flu's deadliest season.

I hope it's less than 100k... but with qwerty not wearing a mask it's going to be higher than that. :)

Whose prediction was closest last time?

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Your buddy the fake financial guy predicted 5k deaths. Lol

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Unsure. The results of the last poll showed 10 people voted for 40k and 11 people voted 80k or more for end of April.

End of April was just over 63k if I remember correctly.

26 people voted so the majority felt this was a very serious virus.

"Dying with" and "dying of" Covid 19 are not the same thing. If you contract covid 19, have mild or no symptoms, and get run over by a steam roller, it would be misleading to stay you died of Covid 19.

If we eliminate serious comorbidities, I'm sure the number of deaths would be much lower.

Happiness said:
"Dying with" and "dying of" Covid 19 are not the same thing. If you contract covid 19, have mild or no symptoms, and get run over by a steam roller, it would be misleading to stay you died of Covid 19.

If we eliminate serious comorbidities, I'm sure the number of deaths would be much lower.

We discussed this before. Since we can?t really get that kind of distinction we just go by what we get.

On the other side, if the hospitals are overrun due to overload of Covid cases and you can?t get proper treatment after getting steamrolled... did you die because ?of? Covid? :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Unsure. The results of the last poll showed 10 people voted for 40k and 11 people voted 80k or more for end of April.

My written prediction was 60k, so looks like in addition to my prescient calls on Irvine home prices, I've got the best track record when it comes to predicting deaths.... which are related topics I suppose.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

My written prediction was 60k, so looks like in addition to my prescient calls on Irvine home prices, I've got the best track record when it comes to predicting deaths.... which are related topics I suppose.

It is closer than 5k. Your far off on the deaths. Because it is 80k plus.

#gototheiE
#covidhoax? Lol

irvinehomeowner said:
On the other side, if the hospitals are overrun due to overload of Covid cases and you can?t get proper treatment after getting steamrolled... did you die because ?of? Covid? :)

VERY big "if."
I play tennis with a doctor who works for Kaiser Permanente.  Their hospitals are practically EMPTY!  They are laying off nurses.

Orange County has 673 Intensive Care Units. The most that have been occupied since the Panic is 65.

This "overload of Covid cases" is nonsense.  Complete and total nonsense.
The navy hospital ship docked at Long Beach to handle the "overload" received only 15 patients before leaving. 

Stop with the panic already.  If you're that afraid, stay at home for as long as you want, but don't shove your panic down the throats of everyone else. Let's call it our "choice" to be free.

Why do people keep discounting the shelter/stay at home orders for why hospitals did not get overrun? For why the death count isn't higher?

Again, if US states/counties/cities did not issue stay at home orders... do you think the number of deaths would only be 80k? Give me an honest answer instead of poorly backed rhetoric.

Edit: typo

Well obviously we have flattened the curve.  My brothers furlough from Kaiser ends 05.18.2020.  He applied for unemployment for the 3 weeks he was not working.  He was laid off because Kaiser hospitals all became covid 19 wards, and other medical procedures were put on STOP.  The Covid tidal wave did not come.

I told him the government didn't know how bad it could get, but now that we see it ain't so bad, we should open up.  We will see more cases when we open, but we have enough room at hospitals to deal with it.

zubs said:
Well obviously we have flattened the curve.  My brothers furlough from Kaiser ends 05.18.2020.  He applied for unemployment for the 3 weeks he was not working.  He was laid off because Kaiser hospitals all became covid 19 wards, and other medical procedures were put on STOP.  The Covid tidal wave did not come.

What was his position at Kaiser?  I believe no doctors were furloughed and just reassigned.

zubs said:

I told him the government didn't know how bad it could get, but now that we see it ain't so bad, we should open up.  We will see more cases when we open, but we have enough room at hospitals to deal with it.

Well that is good to know cuz hospitalizations in the OC are going up not down and so are ICU cases. Guess that's all lagging indicators and not likely to go up even more after we're all back to work.

the death count doesn't seem to be slowing down much in USA.... considering it's 80k from march to May. I think it could reach 125k by end of June

Back