Best Ramen Noodle Takeout in Irvine

usctrojancpa

My gf and I have been craving ramen lately.  What's the best ramen noodle restaurant that currently does takeout in Irvine?

I know Ramen Mura in Tustin does take out, it was alright when my wife picked it up a couple weeks ago, I still like the pork ramen from Kitikata, but I haven't done their take out since Covid started.  Our kids like Santouka, but not sure if they are operating either.

akkord said:
I know Ramen Mura in Tustin does take out, it was alright when my wife picked it up a couple weeks ago, I still like the pork ramen from Kitikata, but I haven't done their take out since Covid started.  Our kids like Santouka, but not sure if they are operating either.

Food court in Mitsuwa is operating. You don't need to wait in line to enter the grocery store if you're going to the food court either.

akkord said:

Looks like Kitikata is doing takeout so we'll give that a shot on Thursday for dinner.

USCTrojanCPA said:
My gf and I have been craving ramen lately.  What's the best ramen noodle restaurant that currently does takeout in Irvine?

HiroNori is still doing take out IIRC.

I used to get their take out pretty often due to the dine in line being way too long.

I think many ramen places have now opened with limited dine-in.  Call ahead to reserve.

Mety said:
What's the good or famous one in Ajisen?

Kitakata is legit for sure.

Premium Pork Ramen (#53) or Tender Pork Ribs (#50)

Menu here: http://www.ajisencalifornia.com/menu/img/irvine/menu.pdf?v=20200617190725

I'm not a ramen fan so I like Kitakata's non-ramen food when I have to go there with ramen eaters.

My kid's favorite ramen place is Hakata Ikkousha off of Bristol (they are open for dine-in now).

My favorite ramen is chicken flavor by Maruchan. :)

My gf and I did take-out from Ramen Mura in Tustin (off Newport Ave) yesterday based upon her sister's recommendation. It was pretty good.

Not Irvine but I just went to Maragume Udon in South Coast today and it was delicious. Hit the spot and I sorely missed that place.

I went to Kitikata Ramen and won?t go back.  The ramen was salty and the noodles were strange.  It was a mix between traditional ramen noodle and the bigger udon noodle.  I didn?t like it and the broth was just gross.

lovingit said:
I went to Kitikata Ramen and won?t go back.  The ramen was salty and the noodles were strange.  It was a mix between traditional ramen noodle and the bigger udon noodle.  I didn?t like it and the broth was just gross.

My wife doesn't like it either compared to others, different regions of Japan have different takes on ramen, just like different versions of bbq in the US.  I got Kitikata, wife and kids got Santouka yesterday everyone is happy.  I did end up eating all the Santouka ramen leftovers too. 

akkord said:
lovingit said:

My wife doesn't like it either compared to others, different regions of Japan have different takes on ramen, just like different versions of bbq in the US.  I got Kitikata, wife and kids got Santouka yesterday everyone is happy.  I did end up eating all the Santouka ramen leftovers too.

Yes, different styles come from different regions of Japan. I personally like Kitakata style, but I can definitely see the salty being an issue. Some people just can't handle that. Santouka is good also. I think they're more salty than Kitakata, but people might have different tastes.

My personal favorites are Orochon and Daikokuya. Both are in Downtown LA so it's sad Irvine just doesn't have some things up to date. :'(

HiroNori at Sand Canyon and Irvine Center finally opened up.

Food was just as good to me as the Michelson location. For now they're taking orders at the counter and taking payment beforehand if you choose to eat there. Tip is still added to your bill but they remind you so that you don't add extra tip when you pay. There's plenty of outdoor seating.

Back