Author Topic: Best Ramen Noodle Takeout in Irvine  (Read 1701 times)

Offline aquabliss

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 201
  • -Received: 754
Re: Best Ramen Noodle Takeout in Irvine
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 01:35:15 AM »
I saw this thing on Shark Tank.  The inventor said it makes store bought Ramen taste like restaurant ramen.  Got pretty good reviews too:
https://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Ramen-Cooker-Microwave-Dishwasher/dp/B00H8BFGPI/

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 105
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 05:29:51 AM »
I went to Kitikata Ramen and won’t go back.  The ramen was salty and the noodles were strange.  It was a mix between traditional ramen noodle and the bigger udon noodle.  I didn’t like it and the broth was just gross.

My wife doesn't like it either compared to others, different regions of Japan have different takes on ramen, just like different versions of bbq in the US.  I got Kitikata, wife and kids got Santouka yesterday everyone is happy.  I did end up eating all the Santouka ramen leftovers too. 

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 197
  • -Received: 239
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »
I went to Kitikata Ramen and won’t go back.  The ramen was salty and the noodles were strange.  It was a mix between traditional ramen noodle and the bigger udon noodle.  I didn’t like it and the broth was just gross.

My wife doesn't like it either compared to others, different regions of Japan have different takes on ramen, just like different versions of bbq in the US.  I got Kitikata, wife and kids got Santouka yesterday everyone is happy.  I did end up eating all the Santouka ramen leftovers too.

Yes, different styles come from different regions of Japan. I personally like Kitakata style, but I can definitely see the salty being an issue. Some people just can't handle that. Santouka is good also. I think they're more salty than Kitakata, but people might have different tastes.

My personal favorites are Orochon and Daikokuya. Both are in Downtown LA so it's sad Irvine just doesn't have some things up to date. :'(

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal