For all the Mother?s lurking, Happy Mother?s Day!

Happy Mom?s Day!!!

Posted that we went to In&Out for lunch in the Crowded Saturday thread but tried to get Maggianos for dinner. Would no longer take orders. Called Cheesecake, phone always busy and online ordering wouldn?t work.

I guess some restaurants are still too busy on days like this.

irvinehomeowner said:
Happy Mom?s Day!!!

Posted that we went to In&Out for lunch in the Crowded Saturday thread but tried to get Maggianos for dinner. Would no longer take orders. Called Cheesecake, phone always busy and online ordering wouldn?t work.

So much for people staying at home :)

Got Denny?s via doordash for breakfast, webpage was slooooow loading every time I entered anything and saved or went to the next step.  Finally got my order in but doordash driver txt me saying the wait at the restaurant to pickup was long.

Ordered a local Persian restaurant for dinner, went to pick up the food 30min later and there were like 10 people in front of me, took another 30min to get my order.

If you make good food, they will come.

Getting excited over take out food?
If you drive in your car to get food that is not staying at home.

irvinehomeowner said:

I can't imagine trying to juggle Mother's day as a restaurant at this time.  Mother's day is the absolute busiest day of the year.  These poor restaurants have been slower than ever for the past ~2 months, they've had to re calibrate their inventories and consumption, find new supply lines, lay off staff not needed, figure out how to operate under lockdown guidelines, etc.  Then Mother's day hits and suddenly the whole world says "Caroner?  I barely knew her!!!"

I called a local eatery to make a take out order, and on the 2nd call they picked up (1st call went to their VM).  They said I had to wait 1 hour to get my food.  Not a problem, we weren't hungry yet anyway.  When I got there a guy behind me walks in and starts looking around for his food in the "online order fulfillment area"...asks the server if his food might be ready, and she replies that they "had to cancel all online orders".  They were just too swamped and decided to pull the plug on that entire segment of their business.  No notice, no apology, dems da facts.  I couldn't believe it, but these are not normal times.  The guy was so shocked he just left without saying a word.

eyephone said:
Getting excited over take out food?
If you drive in your car to get food that is not staying at home.

Risk versus reward. If asking my name while both of us are masked from across the passenger seat and outside the car and returning to set my order on the seat is all the viral load it takes for me to catch the rona there isn?t anything other than total isolation that will prevent it.  And at that point, if a neighbor a few houses upwind from me gets it I?m probably screwed.

So am I only one who felt both silly giving a 20% tip for take out and at the same time like it was completely inadequate for the workers taking the risk of working?

Wonder what the mom lurkers % is on a board like this. I would guess <10%.

I haven?t gotten takeout /delivery at all since mid March. Surprisingly I don?t miss it. Neither does my waistline or my wallet.

bones said:
Wonder what the mom lurkers % is on a board like this. I would guess <10%.

I haven?t gotten takeout /delivery at all since mid March. Surprisingly I don?t miss it. Neither does my waistline or my wallet.

That's pretty good, we held out for about a month+, then started doing pick up once or twice a week.

We have been doing more Costco dishes. We did the Korean meat that they have in the deli section. It was so good. The enchilada tray is also good.

The oven will kill any leftover virus in the food :)

Back