Proof There Is No God - Apologetics So Named to Attract Atheists

StarmanMBA

Christianity is a fighting religion. - Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis, page 45

1.  You can't prove, to the satisfaction of atheists, that God exists.  Therefore there is no God.
2.  Christians often sin.  Therefore there is no God.
3.  There are many religions, and atheists only believe in one less than you.  Therefore there is no God.
See how easy this is!

Many atheists show themselves to be angry, hateful, condescending and intolerant, characteristics which are anti-science and unintelligent.  They repeat the hateful bitterness of Richard Dawkins and other atheists.

The ultimate argument made by atheists is an infinite regression, which is utterly and demonstrably irrational.  Atheists demand, "Who made God?"  Well then who made God's maker?  Who made the maker's maker, and so on ad infinitum.  It's absurd, but they pretend it's clever - an "Aha, I gotcha" moment.

This ultimate argument by atheists has a fatuous implied presumption of intellectual superiority* to Nature's God, as He is expressed in America's Declaration of Independence.  He created science, and matter, and energy!  How can anyone presume to reason with infinite wisdom much less criticize it!
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord, for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:8,9

[*Intellectual superiority as expressed in atheist claims such as,
1.  "God should have made humans better (and WE know just how to do it!)"
2.  "Why does God allow bad things to happen (WE wouldn't have made such a universe because WE are so much smarter than God.)"]

Simply because things are not understood, cannot be understood, does not mean that they are not possible.  The fact is that nothing can be completely understood, and in particular, most emphatically, God!

A favorite tactic of atheist Brahmin ( Sanskrit: %u092C%u094D%u0930%u093E%u0939%u094D%u092E%u0923  ) is asserting "the argument from incredulity," often with a snarky smile.  However this is nothing more than employing the put-down from insolence, a logical fallacy created and widely practiced by atheists.  "Just because you don't understand it, you claim "God diddit!"  I have never heard anyone except an atheist say that.

Another of their favorite tactics is to aver "You don't understand evolution (or science)." Once again this is the put-down from insolence.  Science and Christianity are not mutually exclusive.

Atheist Fallacy:  "You can't prove that God exists."  And "There is no evidence that God exists."

These are mere semantics, verbal games.  What serves as evidence or proof for some intelligent and reasonable people cannot be expected to be interpreted the same way by everyone, regardless of their intentions or biases.
"Nothing is known for certain except in pure mathematics." - Astronomer Carl Sagan
"You only get proof in mathematics." - Mathematics Professor John Lennox

Atheist Fallacy:  "There are many religions, and everyone believes theirs is true."

Humans are fallible.  We make grievous errors.  We sin.  We are proud.  The Holy Bible predicts many religions, just as there were in Biblical times.  But only with the advent of Darwinism did contempt for God become assume the patina of intellectualism, claiming to be supported by science, such as Darwin hypothesized it. And only the Judeo-Christian Bible has been historically, archaeologically, scientifically, and legally validated by experts in each of these respective fields.  (For further reading, see The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict, by Josh McDowell.)

Atheist Fallacy:  "I only believe in one less god than you do!"

Semantics.  Another word game.
Great Britain only had one less Hitler than Germany.
America only had one less Emperor Hirohito than Japan.
America only dropped one atomic bomb on Hiroshima and only one on Nagasaki.
Many men are doing life in prison for only murdering one person.
If only atheists would contemplate the ramifications of their nonsense.
Only one God changes your entire worldview. Only one.

Atheist Fallacy:  "There is evil, and sickness, and misery in the world.  Why does God allow it?"

No man on earth can answer all of the questions that can be posed.  Evil can be attributed to mankind's free will.  We were not made into obedient ants, who act as if in a trance, devoid of free will and enjoyment.  Humans have freedom, but grossly abuse it in every way possible.  As to accidents and diseases and birth defects, I can only compare our miseries to the pain we must endure in undergoing surgery to get better.  If in fact our souls are eternal, years of misery here on earth are but a heartbeat, comparatively speaking.  But who are we to question God in His infinite wisdom? How can we be so presumptuous with our limited knowledge?

Now IF atheists are so smart and so rational and so scientific, then why do children raised in atheist homes change religions more than Christians, more than Jews, more than Muslims, more than Hindus? 

All horizons of information continue to recede from us, from the submicroscopic to the supermacroscopic.  Would this even be conceivable in a universe that created itself from nothing?  If you believe that, please explain and use the science that atheists always claim as their exclusive purview.

http://ProofThereIsNoGod.blogspot.com

http://AreAtheistsRight.blogspot.com

Attachments

• Religious retention rates.png
    Religious retention rates.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 103
Atheism is another form of religion.

They might seem modern and smart, but they either worship themselves or some god they choose from any religion that might seem right for them. Apparently Hindu is getting pretty hip for many.

I can confidently say, more intelligent you get, more likely you'll come to believe in YHWH.

Mety said:
Atheism is another form of religion.

I agree with this.

They might seem modern and smart, but they either worship themselves or some god they choose from any religion that might seem right for them. Apparently Hindu is getting pretty hip for many.

Yes... they may not call whatever it is "god" but there is certainly something they put in that place... whether it be art, science, fame, or fortune.

I can confidently say, more intelligent you get, more likely you'll come to believe in YHWH.

I don't know how to measure "intelligence" (maybe because I'm not "the brightest"). The people that most recognize as intelligent, Einstein and Hawking, have claimed there is no God... but I believe they were talking about the omnipresent God who "controls" our lives. I wonder what they both think now... or are they just gone forever?

Do you make a distinction between atheists and agnostics? 

To me, non-religious does not mean atheist. 

Disagree with intelligence having to do with any of this. Unless you're talking about perceived intelligence not actual intelligence.

The trend toward non-religiousness is undeniable if you look at polling among Millennial and Gen Z.

Many non-religious people I know actually have no problem with religion but dislike organized religion.

Jesus Christ was born of a virgin Mary. Jesus Christ also rose again from the dead. So if you're scientifically educated and intelligent, these statements do not make sense. Thus whoever believes in Jesus is perceived as "unintelligent."

However, the ones who we know as intelligent who first wanted to prove such contradiction of The Bible from the science, often become genuine Christians after thorough studies. C.S. Lewis was one of them. That was why I was saying more educated you are, in both biblically and scientifically, more you will come to realize God's sovereignty. Some come to know His sovereignty but never end up believing though since realizing and believing are separate matters. Not to mention believing and living as one are very separate matters as well. Those who deny God or Christ are more likely they are not educated enough of the Scripture and also the science.

The trend of non-religiousness is nothing new to be honest. There always has been very few genuine Christians even when Jesus was living on this earth. There could be even less and less people believing in God as we get more "intelligent," but believing in God was never about following the trend anyways. It's always been unfollowing the trend and going the other way. Thus those churches trying to follow the trend are actually very dangerous places to be.

Happiness said:
An agonistic is an atheist who is afraid of offending religious people.

Or just someone who can find structure, meaning, fulfillment, and love without observing a particular religion.

Kenkoko said:
Happiness said:
An agonistic is an atheist who is afraid of offending religious people.

Or just someone who can find structure, meaning, fulfillment, and love without observing a particular religion.

Agnostic Carl Sagan wrote scathingly of believers.  He mocked us.  When he died, his memorial service was held in St. John the Divine Cathedral in New York City.

How many men have been released from prison, or otherwise escaped from the depths of despair, crying out, "I've discovered agnosticism!  Structure, meaning, fulfillment, love.  I got it all now."
I've never heard of such a person.  Where is there an agnostic hospital?  I was born in a Catholic hospital.  So was my wife and our children. There are countless Jewish hospitals, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, but name for us an agnostic hospital, where fulfillment, structure, meaning and love are dispensed freely. 
How about an agnostic university, citing agnosticism in its charter?
Keep in mind the Ivy League colleges of America all have Christian charters.

Back