Covid19 Facts Should Ease Your Mind

StarmanMBA

http://CovidFacts.blogspot.com

Sweden has zero lockdown? and ?is in no worse shape than Denmark or Norway,? which are in lockdown.
Total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases per million people.  (politifact.com April 28)
United States: 2,220.79

Sweden: 1,368.61

_______
CDC.gov

The true number of cases is between 28 and 55 times higher than the number of confirmed cases of Covid 19.  What this means is that the fatality rate is approximately 0.05% to 0.1%.
Fake News in White House Briefing Room admits it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUmkVH1Gcls&feature=youtu.be

Normal Distribution Curves

I submit that we are currently following the flatter blue curve, at an absurd and unsustainable cost.  Had the worldwide depression not been instituted, we would be following the higher, black curve, ending the pandemic sooner with a similar number of fatalities. (Time frame approximate)

Swedes are not as expressive with their body language and maintain physical distance (personal space) during interactions.  They also speak quietly.  The four zones of Swedish personal space:

https://www.arbetslos.nu/Handbok-social-kompetens.htm  (Swedish)
http://blogs.studyinsweden.se/2016/01/29/swedish-personal-space-bubble/  (English)

1. THE INTIMATE ZONE: up to 0.5m. This zone is for people who share a deep relationship, spouses and partners, children and other family members.

2. THE PERSONAL ZONE: up to 1m. This zone is for good friends.

3. THE SOCIAL ZONE: from 1 to 2m. This zone is for social contexts, when you don?t know the person too well.

4. THE PUBLIC ZONE: 2m or more. This zone is for places such as the library, bus stops, general public spaces where you don?t know people.

In comparison, the stereotypical Mediterranean (Italian) cultural norms in personal space is much shorter, and people speak much louder.

eyephone said:
Our guy is back! Perfect timing

God Bless you, dear Friend.  Thank you for your beautiful and encouraging words.
I have been sorely troubled and won't burden you with it.  Suffice to say that I get around parts of Irvine and do everything I can for every wonderful citizen of Irvine every single day.  I  hope each of you will do likewise.
1.  Pick up litter on sidewalks,streets, parks and parking lots and dispose of it properly.
2.  Report problems to city staff, most particularly dangers to children!!! I've reported exposed electrical wires at Culver and Walnut, two different sites 100 yards apart on the same day!  Exposed wires at tennis court light poles, in Irvine and this week in El Toro.
3.  Pick up nails, screws, or other hazards on streets to prevent flat tires or car damage.  Had some decent person picked up the nail  that gave Denise Huber a flat tire, she would be alive today, God rest her soul.
4.  Print a sign on your computer that says "BRAKE LIGHT OUT" in huge bold letters, horizontally across a sheet of paper. You cannot go anywhere without seeing a brake light out on a car in front of you.  Pull up next to them,honk and show the sign. How else do people know. Almost nobody tells them.
THEN, just for fun if we're at a stop light, I motion for them to roll  down their window and say, "No Hillary supporter helped you!"  I'm always wearing my Trump hat.
They laugh and give me a thumbs up, invariably!    Now I have a gift for you.  Stay tuned.

We discussed this on another thread when those 2 Bakersfield doctors brought Sweden up to prove their "data".

People are posting this on Facebook but here is the actual Politifact post that is contrary to what is being said:
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-mostly-open-has-higher-covid-19-death-rate-/

It goes too far to say Sweden has no lockdown in response to COVID-19. Sweden?s recommendations aren?t as strict as Norway?s and Denmark?s, but it is recommending social distancing.

The rate of confirmed coronavirus cases is rising faster in Sweden than in Norway and Denmark, and Sweden has a higher death rate.

Differences such as how much testing is being done from one country to another can make comparisons difficult.

It's not really "zero lockdown" in Sweden. They have banned group gatherings of 50 or more, there are rules that govern how many can be in bars and restaurants and most of the population is observing their own personal social distancing. Public transit usage is down, large group gatherings (even less than 50) are not common and people are wearing masks/gloves etc.

Here are the actual numbers from WorldOMeter:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Country  Cases                Deaths            Recovered  Active      Critical #/mil  Deaths/Mil  Tests    Tests/Mil

Sweden 23,918 2,941 4,074 16,903 425 2,368 291 148,500 14,704

Denmark 9,938 506         7,493 1,939 46 1,716 87 270,680 46,732

Norway 7,996 216             32 7,748 27 1,475 40 189,657 34,984

morekaos said:
Where you been big guy?

All who wander are not lost, but I am.

No man  is an island, but I am a remote peninsula.

paraprosdokians - from the Greek word which means a phrase which takes you someplace very different than you first thought it would go. 

God Bless you, Dear Friend, as well.  I will dedicate a gift to all in your honor and eyephone's.

THE SOLUTION to worldwide panic and economic depression is to open up everything. Those who CHOOSE to go out and *risk* a 0.1% to 0.3% fatality rate are free to do so. I'll be the first.
Those who CHOOSE fear and panic are welcome to stay sheltered in their homes, venturing out ONLY on rare occasions for food, wearing two masks, two gloves and spraying themselves liberally with alcohol.

Problem solved!

StarmanMBA said:
THE SOLUTION to worldwide panic and economic depression is to open up everything. Those who CHOOSE to go out and *risk* a 0.1% to 0.3% fatality rate are free to do so. I'll be the first.
Those who CHOOSE fear and panic are welcome to stay sheltered in their homes, venturing out ONLY on rare occasions for food, wearing two masks, two gloves and spraying themselves liberally with alcohol.

Problem solved!

1. There are third world countries that do not have running water or stable electricity that had zero cases of covid. Fact check: they did not spend billions of dollars and do a massive bailout. Also, they do not have a miracle drug or vaccine.
2. There are states that open up that do not meet the Trump administration guidelines. (Trump disagreed with Georgia opening up early. But how about the other states.)
3. The strategy of creating chaos during this pandemic does not help.

The argument of 1 to 3 percent of people will die does not sit well with Americans. This thread is fake and border line propaganda.

Sweden, South Dakota and now Georgia were right...this was fairly pointless...

The invisible pandemic

Measures to flatten the curve might have an effect, but a lockdown only pushes the severe cases into the future ?it will not prevent them. Admittedly, countries have managed to slow down spread so as not to overburden health-care systems, and, yes, effective drugs that save lives might soon be developed, but this pandemic is swift, and those drugs have to be developed, tested, and marketed quickly. Much hope is put in vaccines, but they will take time, and with the unclear protective immunological response to infection, it is not certain that vaccines will be very effective.
In summary, COVID-19 is a disease that is highly infectious and spreads rapidly through society. It is often quite symptomless and might pass unnoticed, but it also causes severe disease, and even death, in a proportion of the population, and our most important task is not to stop spread, which is all but futile, but to concentrate on giving the unfortunate victims optimal care.
[url]https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31035-7/fulltext[/url]

eyephone said:
1. There are third world countries that do not have running water or stable electricity that had zero cases of covid. Fact check: they did not spend billions of dollars and do a massive bailout. Also, they do not have a miracle drug or vaccine.

A splendid argument IN SUPPORT of this thread which you later condemn.

The argument of 1 to 3 percent (sic) of people will die does not sit well with Americans. This thread is fake and border line (sic)  propaganda.

The Fake News in the White House Press Room cited "0.1% to 0.3%."  You are off by an order of magnitude.  Your remark is fake and your spelling is poor.

First you assert that third world countries are faring quite well without our widespread panic, and then you promote the panic by calling this thread "border line (sic) propaganda." 

Make up your mind,would  you please?

morekaos, the governor of NY: No need to close anything.  Everyone is gonna get covid anyway, so might as well get it overwith.

50,000 people die in NY, and a great percentage of them were medical workers.

morekaos, the governor of NY: Closing everything down would have been pointless.  I stand by my decision to do nothing.

morekaos is recalled.

Now perhaps morekaos meant CA should do nothing...We do have fewer cases.  Our car culture is saving us, but then you look at LA and it looks pretty bad.

It is a known fact that the country of Vietnam has no covid cases due to their quarantine, surveillance, and genius approach. The country of Vietnam does not have a lot of money. But they were able to beat the covid virus. (No offense to Vietnamese people or the country)

There are other countries such as New Zealand and Hong Kong that has minimal covid cases. They are also strict on quarantine. For example if you come to the country you have to be in quarantine for 14 days. Also, there is tracking and tracing. Try not to laugh but those countries that I previously mentioned went into lockdown mode the same time as the US. But we did not enforce it and Trump created chaos. They did not spend trillions of dollars to fight covid virus. The American way is to spend money. It sounds like a bandaid rather than a solution.

#Trumpisadivider
#alllivesmatter

This is why Trump will lose in 2020. The numbers do not lie.

StarmanMBA said:
eyephone said:

A splendid argument IN SUPPORT of this thread which you later condemn.

The argument of 1 to 3 percent (sic) of people will die does not sit well with Americans. This thread is fake and border line (sic)  propaganda.

The Fake News in the White House Press Room cited "0.1% to 0.3%."  You are off by an order of magnitude.  Your remark is fake and your spelling is poor.

First you assert that third world countries are faring quite well without our widespread panic, and then you promote the panic by calling this thread "border line (sic) propaganda." 

Make up your mind,would  you please?

Georgia also has done the right thing. Open, open. Open!!

Remember when Gov. Kemp was excoriated for re-opening Georgia? Are you wondering how that has worked out?

Republican Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia celebrated the state?s lowest number of hospitalized novel coronavirus patients and the fewest number of COVID-19 patients on ventilators on Saturday, 15 days since the Republican loosened lockdown restrictions in the face of persistent attacks from the mainstream media and the public disapproval of President Donald Trump.

[url]https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/remember_when_gov_kemp_was_excoriated_for_reopening_georgia_are_you_wondering_how_that_has_worked_out.html#ixzz6MFB32ueu[/url]

Eyephone/IHO - please make sure you use Georgia in you next example of why we should not reopen

qwerty said:
Eyephone/IHO - please make sure you use Georgia in you next example of why we should not reopen

Hold. I never said we shouldn't reopen... find that quote.

As long as we are observing safety protocols I want places to reopen... I told you that I will be in that first 25% who can eat at a restaurant.

Back