Foreclosure data

graphrix

Let the race begin... which of the local RE schleps will get me the REO sales from the MLS for November wins a hand typed exalt from me.

Pop quiz for everyone... can anyone tell me why the NODs and foreclosures were down month over month for November? The winner will receive a secret handshake from me, or not... depending on whether they know what that is or not. <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: -->

[quote author="graphrix"]Let the race begin... which of the local RE schleps will get me the REO sales from the MLS for November wins a hand typed exalt from me.

Pop quiz for everyone... can anyone tell me why the NODs and foreclosures were down month over month for November? The winner will receive a secret handshake from me, or not... depending on whether they know what that is or not. <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: -->[/quote]

For Orange County, per the SoCalMLS system:
2273 total sales
402 REOs
441 Short Sales

No need for exalts or secret handshakes. Just promise cayci that you'll make some room in the cabinet for HER shoes, and we'll be good. BTW, those peep-toes really show off the good work that you got done at Happy Nails.

wowzi wowzi woo woo.

3014128714_1c55508f37.jpg

-Schleprock

[quote author="graphrix"]Let the race begin... which of the local RE schleps will get me the REO sales from the MLS for November wins a hand typed exalt from me.

Pop quiz for everyone... can anyone tell me why the NODs and foreclosures were down month over month for November? The winner will receive a secret handshake from me, or not... depending on whether they know what that is or not. <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: -->[/quote]

If you are talking about the national numbers for NODs and foreclosures, I saw a blurb somewhere about Nevada numbers being way down because of a moratorium on foreclosures. Of course this only pushes things to the right a little. You can only kick the can so far down the road before you run out of road.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]

No need for exalts or secret handshakes. [/quote]

Off topic, but can I exalt you for for the beat down you gave to unnamed former IHB poster in round one of the FFL playoffs?

SHRIMP PASTE!!

[quote author="winex"]

If you are talking about the national numbers for NODs and foreclosures, I saw a blurb somewhere about Nevada numbers being way down because of a moratorium on foreclosures. Of course this only pushes things to the right a little. You can only kick the can so far down the road before you run out of road.[/quote]
Las Vegas MLS listed have plummeted from over 25,000 homes in the early Spring to less than 10,000 homes recently (about 3-4 months worth of inventory.

Do you have a source for the moratorium you are talking about?

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="winex"]

If you are talking about the national numbers for NODs and foreclosures, I saw a blurb somewhere about Nevada numbers being way down because of a moratorium on foreclosures. Of course this only pushes things to the right a little. You can only kick the can so far down the road before you run out of road.[/quote]
Las Vegas MLS listed have plummeted from over 25,000 homes in the early Spring to less than 10,000 homes recently (about 3-4 months worth of inventory.

Do you have a source for the moratorium you are talking about?[/quote]

I'll search a little more for you before I go to bed. But here is the first hit that I found.

From http://www.lvrj.com/business/foreclosure-filings-fall-in-november-78949097.html

Las Vegas, which had been No. 1 on that list for four straight months, fell to No. 5. Nevada recently adopted a program that requires mediation before banks can seize a property.

Edit: Here is another reference. From http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/10/real_estate/Novermber_foreclosure_report/

He attributes the stabilization to mandatory mediation programs that some states have introduced. For example, in Nevada, where filings have declined for three months in a row, lenders are required to go through mediation with borrowers before moving forward with foreclosure documents. In many cases, Sharga said, these programs just delay the inevitable.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]For Orange County, per the SoCalMLS system:
2273 total sales
402 REOs
441 Short Sales

No need for exalts or secret handshakes. Just promise cayci that you'll make some room in the cabinet for HER shoes, and we'll be good. BTW, those peep-toes really show off the good work that you got done at Happy Nails.[/quote]

You know way... way... too much about my shoes and pedicure habits. And here I thought you were just obsessed with beer...

Thanks Shrimp Paste! And you Gored that monkey like you Gored me. LOL! So glad only a few know what the hell it is we are talking about.

Where is geotpf and Robert Larsen when you need them most? Once again, month after freakin month... REOs have exceeded REO sales. Over a year of inventory when you look at past foreclosures, and nearly TWO years of inventory when you include the last 120 days of foreclosures. Liars can lie about the data, but the data doesn't lie.

r2ryxk.jpg

Foreclosure info from DQ can be found here at Padilla's blog. Along with a nice smack down on shockGED by me. I may disagree with winex, but at least he is an intelligent person. But shockGED is one dumb azz clueless mofo. I guess that is what happens when you buy in Brea in 2005.

Back