Reopen California protests at state capitol against coronavirus lockdown -- WATC

panda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=  2a6b-QspTX4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3GG3s5LpR8LzYm4lB5a_uE9iX6yLYKxqi9l72r7PKV01IBSGL9MCHF9U0
Copy this link and attach v=2a6b to view the live video.

Wow! This is no joke. What do you guys think about this? Are you guys for or against the prolonged lockdown in Cali? 

Panda I?m jealous, Georgia has adopted the American model where individuals get the freedom to decide if they want to leave their home or not, run their business or not, feed their family or not.

By all means, if Georgians want to sequester themselves in their homes and order in all their food/groceries/essentials then they should do so. 

In Irvine though not much as changed as a result of the beach shut down.  Still lots of people out running and walking in Woodbury, Stonegate, Great Park, etc.  Some with masks, others without. 

I think we?re willing to give up some of our freedoms like keeping our distance, wearing masks if needed, but then we follow all those mandates without many incidents at all, then they push their thumb down a bit more.  Why?  I think it?s human nature for those who get drunk with power to want a bit more, then wow it worked, let?s exercise a bit more control.  I think Newsom is a smart guy, I hope he sees what he?s doing and realizes it?s not in his best interest.

I?m not an advocate of physically disobeying legal orders and the protests today looked a bit dicey... but what should we have those do that disagree with them?  Just go home and rant on Social Media?  What happens if nothing is done then next week Newsom tells everyone in OC they can only leave their home to pick up food once per day?  Not a big deal right?  Sounds reasonable?  The models show it will crush the curve.

We seem to have shifted from bend the curve to prevent health care from getting overwhelmed to zeroing the curve.

A month ago with NYC's trajectory it made sense, since then the curve didn't bend or flatten, it nearly flatlined in areas.  NYC's curve bent. NYC has more hospitalized than all of California has cases. 

Los Angeles' cases spiked yesterday, well duh when you shift testing from screenwriting to everybody can get one free, they will spike.

You can always move to Georgia. Like I told qwerty aka cutie. You can go out shopping and do other stuff like the beach. But if you get fined do not blame me. You have nothing to worry about you can use Lysol and the new drug that will reduce the time in the icu from 15 to 11 days.

#nooneisstoppingyou

aquabliss said:
Panda I?m jealous, Georgia has adopted the American model where individuals get the freedom to decide if they want to leave their home or not, run their business or not, feed their family or not.

By all means, if Georgians want to sequester themselves in their homes and order in all their food/groceries/essentials then they should do so. 

In Irvine though not much as changed as a result of the beach shut down.  Still lots of people out running and walking in Woodbury, Stonegate, Great Park, etc.  Some with masks, others without. 

I think we?re willing to give up some of our freedoms like keeping our distance, wearing masks if needed, but then we follow all those mandates without many incidents at all, then they push their thumb down a bit more.  Why?  I think it?s human nature for those who get drunk with power to want a bit more, then wow it worked, let?s exercise a bit more control.  I think Newsom is a smart guy, I hope he sees what he?s doing and realizes it?s not in his best interest.

I?m not an advocate of physically disobeying legal orders and the protests today looked a bit dicey... but what should we have those do that disagree with them?  Just go home and rant on Social Media?  What happens if nothing is done then next week Newsom tells everyone in OC they can only leave their home to pick up food once per day?  Not a big deal right?  Sounds reasonable?  The models show it will crush the curve.

Am I the only one who actually likes Newsom and how he is handling this? I'd take him over Orange in Chief.

Maybe I'm partial to the Pat Riley look. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Am I the only one who actually likes Newsom and how he is handling this? I'd take him over Orange in Chief.

Maybe I'm partial to the Pat Riley look. :)

I already gave props to Newsom. But the waterboy, qwerty keyboard, and others  bashed him.

Newsom is diverting $75 million to illegal immigrant stimulus. 
I need someone to tell me why that's good or bad.

I'm leaning on bad because, why not spend it on the legal people?

On the pat riley note, I read a comment on yahoo that made me chuckle.  that if newsome wanted to close the beaches he should just wash his hair in the beach and it would create an oil spill worse than the Exxon Valdez. Then he could help the unemployment rate by putting thousands of people to work by helping to clean it up.

Newsom talks too much on TV.  I do not like people who befriend others to sleep with their spouse.  But to his credit, he's not suggesting random cleaning products as potential cure.

https://www.lysol.com

IMPROPER USE OF DISINFECTANTS

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information. We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit Covid-19facts.com.

HuffPost Article: Florida Officials Won?t Release Coronavirus Death Toll Data, Report Says

Florida state officials have blocked medical examiners from releasing coronavirus death totals after it was found the examiners? death count was 10% higher than the state said it was.
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5eadae65c5b62e26815d1836

Tampa Bay Times:Coronavirus in Florida podcast: Confusion over how the state is counting the deadFlorida?s medical examiners were compiling a higher number of deaths caused by COVID-19 than the health department?s official tally, but now the state is withholding the higher count.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...sion-over-how-the-state-is-counting-the-dead/

My comment: Maybe we should count the deaths like Florida. (What a joke)

momopi said:
Newsom talks too much on TV.  I do not like people who befriend others to sleep with their spouse.  But to his credit, he's not suggesting random cleaning products as potential cure.

https://www.lysol.com

IMPROPER USE OF DISINFECTANTS

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information. We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit Covid-19facts.com.

Back