Author Topic: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes  (Read 139113 times)

Offline TestingIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 16
Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes
« Reply #660 on: November 20, 2021, 08:58:47 PM »
People lie online on forums.

There is no way to sell your spot.  From the deposit process,  inability to sell less than a year after purchase, HOA not allowing sales less than a year, etc this is wishful thinking.

There would be an entire side industry on brokering sales of the reservation waitlists. I’d do this as a business if it was so easy (so would thousands of others).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 09:14:18 PM by TestingIrvine »

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2021, 08:12:47 AM »
From the deposit process,  inability to sell less than a year after purchase, HOA not allowing sales less than a year, etc this is

I've never heard of this, so as you said above.  I know people who have sold within a couple months of buying a new build, job relocation, job loss, family issues or divorce.  I don't think the builder cares what you do with the house after it's sold and the HOA has zero say on if you can or cannot sell a house. 

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 24
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2021, 08:36:54 AM »
When I bought my house from Cal Pacific 12 years ago after the financial crisis crash, they made me sign a contract that i cant sell the home within a year. I am not sure how they wouldve enforced it.

Offline TestingIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2021, 08:48:08 AM »
From the deposit process,  inability to sell less than a year after purchase, HOA not allowing sales less than a year, etc this is

I've never heard of this, so as you said above.  I know people who have sold within a couple months of buying a new build, job relocation, job loss, family issues or divorce.  I don't think the builder cares what you do with the house after it's sold and the HOA has zero say on if you can or cannot sell a house.

Of course builders care if you sell within a year. If a Cetara phase 1 seller sells soon and undercuts the price of unreleased, late 2022 lots it messes up their future pricing.  That’s why the contracts have one year clauses on new builds.

An HOA absolutely can prevent a sale.  Especially if the backyard/yard isn’t complete at the time you’re tying to flip the house

You are talking about two different things:
Flipping within a year: very hard but maybe possible
Selling your spot in line: not possible

Offline TestingIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2021, 08:48:35 AM »
I’m talking about TIC controlled new homes (OH, PS, EW, etc).  Don’t care for other areas, cities, or places.

Of course builders care if you sell within a year. If a Cetara phase 1 owner sells soon and undercuts the price of unreleased, late 2022 lots it messes up their future pricing.  That’s why the contracts have one year clauses on new builds.

An HOA absolutely can prevent a sale.  Especially if the backyard/yard isn’t complete at the time you’re tying to flip the house.  HOA is how enforcement occurs. The delivers sit on the HOA board during the building phase.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 08:57:09 AM by TestingIrvine »

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2021, 09:12:48 AM »
Respectfully. I think if the person wants to sell it he can after the close.
* we have seen sold homes with the backyard not being finished, another instance we saw a backyard with beach chairs and plants that were not planted (if I remember correctly)

Offline TestingIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #666 on: November 21, 2021, 09:18:45 AM »
Respectfully. I think if the person wants to sell it he can after the close.
* we have seen sold homes with the backyard not being finished, another instance we saw a backyard with beach chairs and plants that were not planted (if I remember correctly)

I never said it was impossible. Honestly depends on your HOA and how well they enforce.  My home I sold recently in a TIc community, the HOA held up the sale on whether the backyard was finished

The main point is you cannot sell your spot in line.

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #667 on: November 21, 2021, 12:38:47 PM »
Air quality in orchard hills is pretty bad today. Might be the asphalt plant in action?

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #668 on: November 21, 2021, 01:25:10 PM »
Air quality in orchard hills is pretty bad today. Might be the asphalt plant in action?

There’s a fire in Riverside county and Santa Ana winds blowing it over to Orange county

Offline Beach2Hiddencanyonres

• Thanks
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #669 on: November 21, 2021, 09:42:49 PM »
It’s easy money. Didn’t have to do anything. Having done projects with as little as 20k net profit before, the short term capital gains tax is nothing to think about for me.
Correct you can’t “sell the spot on priority list”. I choose the lot the buyers wanted and entered contract with Shea for it. Anyone thinking of doing the same can dm me for more details. Still have contact info for the other buyers that weren’t picked to share as well.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2907
  • -Received: 2269
« Reply #670 on: November 21, 2021, 10:21:18 PM »
It’s easy money. Didn’t have to do anything. Having done projects with as little as 20k net profit before, the short term capital gains tax is nothing to think about for me.
Correct you can’t “sell the spot on priority list”. I choose the lot the buyers wanted and entered contract with Shea for it. Anyone thinking of doing the same can dm me for more details. Still have contact info for the other buyers that weren’t picked to share as well.

Are you allowing the buyers select all the builder options?  How did you get these buyer's info?  From TalkIrvine?
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline TestingIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #671 on: November 22, 2021, 12:08:33 AM »

You’re (Person A) signing the Cetara Shea contract with yourself + Person B and dropping off the deed via quit claim post close.  Person B is the one who previously had no chance to buy Cetara due to long waitlist.  Therefore Person B is sole owner without going though a formal sale.

This is a very risky process unless you trust Person A a lot.

There isn’t some new legal process that only Beach2Hidden discovered himself. It’s just a risky play for Person B that is prone to fraud.  Nothing in real estate is “easy money” unless it’s a true black and white transaction (e.g. a short term flip)

As I guessed correctly, when he said “ I made 250k off my spot FYI” his purchase appreciated $250K versus the current lot price.  He hasn’t “made” $250K yet in real cash.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 07:33:37 AM by TestingIrvine »

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #672 on: November 22, 2021, 05:34:08 AM »

Of course builders care if you sell within a year. If a Cetara phase 1 seller sells soon and undercuts the price of unreleased, late 2022 lots it messes up their future pricing.  That’s why the contracts have one year clauses on new builds.

An HOA absolutely can prevent a sale.  Especially if the backyard/yard isn’t complete at the time you’re tying to flip the house

When did I say you could sell a spot?  You seem to be putting words into my mouth. 

Offline Beach2Hiddencanyonres

• Thanks
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #673 on: November 22, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »

You’re (Person A) signing the Cetara Shea contract with yourself + Person B and dropping off the deed via quit claim post close.  Person B is the one who previously had no chance to buy Cetara due to long waitlist.  Therefore Person B is sole owner without going though a formal sale.

Nope that’s not how the transaction is handled at all.

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 1189
« Reply #674 on: November 22, 2021, 10:31:25 AM »

Nope that’s not how the transaction is handled at all.

You marry them then file for divorce when the house is ready? The settlement is the buyout? 😁

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal