Author Topic: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes  (Read 52919 times)

Offline seaturtle

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 5
Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm posting for the first time here to share my experience as a purchaser of a Cetara home. Tl;dr I wish I had bought somewhere else.

I had previously purchased new construction from another builder in OC, and their service was first class every step of the way. Since I was paying much more for Cetara, I thought I could expect the same level of satisfaction - if not more - from Shea.

I was wrong. As another poster also mentioned, we never felt particularly valued as a customer when dealing with Shea. One rep said we were “lucky” to purchase from them. More troubling, we found some employees to be uninformed and/or unprofessional, which has had an impact on how our house will turn out. It didn’t help that Shea unilaterally amended several deadlines in the signed contract to our detriment. And the list unfortunately goes on.

FWIW, I think Leslie in the sales office has been one of the few who have been good at their jobs. She won't do you any favors but she is knowledgeable and responsive.

Anyway, I know this won’t have any impact on sales but I thought I’d share so that other buyers can manage their own expectations. Of course YMMV and I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine.

Offline WTTCHMN

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 319
« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm posting for the first time here to share my experience as a purchaser of a Cetara home. Tl;dr I wish I had bought somewhere else.

I had previously purchased new construction from another builder in OC, and their service was first class every step of the way. Since I was paying much more for Cetara, I thought I could expect the same level of satisfaction - if not more - from Shea.

I was wrong. As another poster also mentioned, we never felt particularly valued as a customer when dealing with Shea. One rep said we were “lucky” to purchase from them. More troubling, we found some employees to be uninformed and/or unprofessional, which has had an impact on how our house will turn out. It didn’t help that Shea unilaterally amended several deadlines in the signed contract to our detriment. And the list unfortunately goes on.

FWIW, I think Leslie in the sales office has been one of the few who have been good at their jobs. She won't do you any favors but she is knowledgeable and responsive.

Anyway, I know this won’t have any impact on sales but I thought I’d share so that other buyers can manage their own expectations. Of course YMMV and I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine.

Hopefully, Shea is monitoring this board and sees this.  It's a PR nightmare for them and now they have to do damage control.

Have you reached out to the higher-ups?  You could always slam them in the upcoming surveys but by then it will be too late for you.  Better to nip it in the bud.

Offline lovingit

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2021, 12:28:20 PM »

Can you share in detail what you have experienced?  My friend who is buying Cetara said their home is being delayed and they aren’t happy that the builder did not build covid delays into their communication. 

Offline E

• Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2021, 12:36:47 PM »

Sorry to hear about your experience. Haven’t made the purchase yet but have been debating a lot lately. With the ongoing issue over at the All American Asphalt plant (Cetara is only 1.7 miles away in distance), and also your point on the lack of knowledge with some of the staff, which we’ve experienced similarly...Cetara has honestly become a backup in our house hunt. Thank you for sharing.

Offline paperboyNC

• Thanks
  • -Given: 363
  • -Received: 273
  • Portola Springs
« Reply #379 on: January 15, 2021, 01:33:59 PM »

Agreed. Based on the size of this thread, a lot of those on the interest list read this forum. Maybe they'll have some quick move in homes after tomorrow.

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #380 on: January 15, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »
i believe they may be building additional cetara homes, at least thats what i heard...

You mean building out the tract where their website shows grey areas? Yes that was always the case. Builders commonly keep further out phases out of peoples mind. If you're referring to clones of Cetara in a different area that's news to me.

yes im talking about the additional tracts. you stated "3 phases left. Include the parking lot." There will be more than that if they continue to build on those available tracts.

Offline Coco55

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #381 on: January 15, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »
i believe they may be building additional cetara homes, at least thats what i heard...

You mean building out the tract where their website shows grey areas? Yes that was always the case. Builders commonly keep further out phases out of peoples mind. If you're referring to clones of Cetara in a different area that's news to me.

yes im talking about the additional tracts. you stated "3 phases left. Include the parking lot." There will be more than that if they continue to build on those available tracts.

I think he/she was referring to the view lots.

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 48
« Reply #382 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »
I always tell people never believe the builder reps home delivery time.

Best of luck to those on the waiting list today.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 48
« Reply #383 on: January 16, 2021, 10:30:51 AM »

Currently if you look at OH master plans the current tracts home architecture are all already finalized and spoken for. But things do change so there's a small chance we may see Cetara clones elsewhere in OH. More likely in one of the more fluid tracts in PS or GP.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline scubasteve

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 67
  • -Received: 49
« Reply #384 on: January 16, 2021, 12:36:12 PM »
Phase 4 sold out.  Never got a call but congrats to all!

Offline Eyespii

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #385 on: January 16, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »
Wow how quickly did they sell all the lots?

Offline scubasteve

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 67
  • -Received: 49
« Reply #386 on: January 16, 2021, 01:23:04 PM »
Under 2 hours...

Offline calFriend

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #387 on: January 16, 2021, 01:33:17 PM »
Does anyone know where/when on the waiting list was able to get a call today?

Offline shadyoc

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #388 on: January 16, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »
Under 2 hours...

They slipping.  Phase one was under 30 minutes. 

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2481
  • -Received: 1971
« Reply #389 on: January 16, 2021, 04:37:15 PM »
One of my clients got a call for the Plan 1 view lot and passed because they don't like the plan and price.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal