Author Topic: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes  (Read 21597 times)

Offline lovingit

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 16
Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »
Do they allow you to sell reservations?

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 28
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2020, 04:24:31 PM »
No they don't. Leslie already dealt with this. She's quite the stickler and having none of it. You have to wait your turn in line.
Unofficially maybe if you have the exact same name as a cash buyer you can get away and sneak by.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 340
  • -Received: 251
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2020, 04:58:50 PM »
To get on the list you have to prequalified. That mean they have a minimum info and funds verified. So selling it to someone else is a no go as they got your name slotted.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2368
  • -Received: 1870
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2020, 07:24:59 PM »
Do they allow you to sell reservations?

No builder will allow a buyer to sell a reservation, especially Shea Homes, so buyers have to follow the builder's ground rules. I think Toll Bros allowed buyers to move ahead of non-contingent financed buyers but not any other builder that I'm aware of.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 114
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2020, 03:23:17 PM »
You maybe can get around it if you have a willing reservation holder go on title with you during the original purchase with the builder and then quit claim the property to you after close of escrow. You would probably need a lawyer to figure out the stuff in between.

Offline irvineboy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2020, 03:39:46 PM »
Geez sounds like so much work just to buy a home.  Does Shea offer gold with the purchase of Cetara?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2020, 06:30:04 PM »
You maybe can get around it if you have a willing reservation holder go on title with you during the original purchase with the builder and then quit claim the property to you after close of escrow. You would probably need a lawyer to figure out the stuff in between.

That's assuming the original buyer bought it for cash and you'll still be hit with county trasnfer tax for recording a quit claim deed and transerring the property to a non-family member.

People need to take a deep breathe and relax. Get on the wait list and wait for your name to be called. Will you get a larger lot or view lot if you register now?  Probably not, but you'll have a decent chance of buying an interior lot if you are patient.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 28
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »

That's assuming the original buyer bought it for cash and you'll still be hit with county trasnfer tax for recording a quit claim deed and transerring the property to a non-family member.

People need to take a deep breathe and relax. Get on the wait list and wait for your name to be called. Will you get a larger lot or view lot if you register now?  Probably not, but you'll have a decent chance of buying an interior lot if you are patient.

Exactly. With attrition of the wait list, anyone can get a large lot in those later phases as long as you get your name on there and be patient.

Phase 3 early November btw.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

• Thanks
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2020, 06:54:11 PM »

Is this getting close to irrational exuberant? Or are we there already?

There is always something else when you have those coins and a little time.

Is this one of a kind property? hardly.

Relax and enjoy the process, it might be in your favor after the election.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »

There's a lot of low interest rate FOMO out there, that's for sure. So many buyers and multiple counter offer situations out there (for me on both sides) and some of the bidding is getting a little out of hand. Here are a few examples on the buy side for me....

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/11-Appleglen-Dr-92602/home/4794167
Was listed at $865,000 (they raised the price to $895k then put it on hold) and my buyer went $870,888...no dice, there were 8 offers on this one and we weren't even considered as a back-up buyer.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/24-Willowhurst-GN-92602/home/5814932
My buyer went $1,021,000 with no appraisal contingency with more than enough to cover an appraisal shortoff on this one...nope, they had 7 offers and the buyer they picked offered more.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fountain-Valley/10215-Swallow-Ave-92708/home/3816508
My buyer bid $960,000 off the bat and then went $1,001,000 with no appraisal contingency with plenty of liquidity to cover....that wasn't enough, apparently an all cash buyer went higher and removed ALL contingncies day 1 including the inspection contingency.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

The following member(s) thanked this post:

• Thanks
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »

There's a lot of low interest rate FOMO out there, that's for sure. So many buyers and multiple counter offer situations out there (for me on both sides) and some of the bidding is getting a little out of hand. Here are a few examples on the buy side for me....

Was listed at $865,000 (they raised the price to $895k then put it on hold) and my buyer went $870,888...no dice, there were 8 offers on this one and we weren't even considered as a back-up buyer.

My buyer went $1,021,000 with no appraisal contingency with more than enough to cover an appraisal shortoff on this one...nope, they had 7 offers and the buyer they picked offered more.

My buyer bid $960,000 off the bat and then went $1,001,000 with no appraisal contingency with plenty of liquidity to cover....that wasn't enough, apparently an all cash buyer went higher and removed ALL contingncies day 1 including the inspection contingency.

Amazing!!!  But FED say, they are not even thinking, about thinking, about thinking, thinking to raise rate. Four thinking of thinking is the next message comes out after next meeting.

For a second there, I thought and the FED had me believe that everything is going to be fine. :) :) :)

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »

seems to be properties under a million...how's it looking like with $1.5 and up?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »

seems to be properties under a million...how's it looking like with $1.5 and up?

There is less craziness in the $1.5m+ market for sure (less buyers and much more inventory) but that market has improved in the past few months, this includes on the resale sides and on the new home side. Most of the buyers in the $1.5m+ market are move up buyers who are selling their homes around $1m. The stregnth in prices of the home that theses buyers own is giving them confidence to upgrade their homes.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 114
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2020, 02:57:12 PM »
I actually feel bad for my buyers that are in the entry level market. Homes in the $700-800k entry range are so competitive and are all going over asking. I had a buyer that put in an offer on an $800k listing in Torrance for $850k. Didn't even get a counter. They said they countered only 3 offers there were over $900k. It's crazy.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Funny things Joe says... by morekaos
[Today at 11:39:34 AM]

Re: Padova in Orchard Hills by Nguyen80
[Today at 11:15:49 AM]

Re: Presidential Elections by aquabliss
[Today at 09:11:47 AM]

Re: Funny things Joe says... by morekaos