refinish cabinets

jyeh74

Rather than replace kitchen and bathroom cabinets to a different color, has anyone refinished or repainted them?  Was wondering how cost efficient that is and if they have to remove to paint interior?

It depends on the material of your cabinets but I?ve done this in two different houses and they?ve turned out great.

They do need to remove the cabinets.

There is also refacing as an option.

So mine was a repaint and I went with the painters I usually use, 3-High Painting.

For refacing, there are a number of companies that do it but I wouldn't know who to recommend.

If they are wood cabinets and want to maintain the wood stained look but just need repair, I have used a guy named Randy before. He's based in Yorba Linda but he's the only one I found who could basically repair and restore wood. I used him to touch up and restore all the wood in my last house before I sold it, including hardwood floors, cabinets throughout the house especially with some water damage/stain areas, and my front door. He did it over 2 days and it looked great.http://touchupspecialties.com/

Back