Barbershop that is open by appt (men's haircuts)

usctrojancpa

My gf's brother told me about a barbershop that is open by appt over in Tustin. I just finished getting a haircut and he did a great job. It's $20 for men and $15 for seniors (62 n over). Super nice guy (owner) and he is the only working until the stay-at-home is lifted. He wears a mask and asks that you wear a mask, he only allows the next appt to come in so there are a maximum of 3 people in his barbershop at any one time. Please send me a message or email if you would like the information as I don't want to get him into any trouble since he is doing a service for us.

Bell Tower Barber in Lake Forest just opened yesterday.

$10 for walk-in, $13 if you make an appointment with a specific barber.

You need to wear a mask and they put up dividers between each barber station.

irvinehomeowner said:

$10 for a haircut sounds like Supercut levels of service though...I don't want to hate myself until my next cut. Are they good?

Cares said:
irvinehomeowner said:

$10 for a haircut sounds like Supercut levels of service though...I don't want to hate myself until my next cut. Are they good?

There is a thread about this place on here somewhere that ps9 and I used to banter about.

It's below Supercuts level... it's basic barbershop... no pre-wash, no hot towel...  most cuts are done with a buzzer.

But if you have a simple cut and find a barber you like... it's great.

irvinehomeowner said:

Thanks for the info, finally can get a haircut after 2 month.

How do they deal with people waiting?  Grab a number and wait outside? 

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Thanks for the info, finally can get a haircut after 2 month.

How do they deal with people waiting?  Grab a number and wait outside? 

We made an appointment but it looks like they have sign-up sheets outside and someone checks it and calls the next person up.

Before it was the old-school number tag from a wheel (like the post office) but post-C19 it's more like a Ramen house.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Heard there was no social distancing and no masks at Dankcuts when they opened last week.

I saw social distancing but more like 4 ft than 6 ft. I also saw every staff member wearing masks but some (but not all) didn't have their noses covered or otherwise wore them improperly. It was not nothing, but it was also not the best execution.

irvinehomeowner said:

Finally decided to get a hair cut - was at bell tower today around 4.30 pm. no waiting - done in 10 minutes. I am good for couple months now:)

Went to Sport Clips in WB the other day. While I was happy with getting a hair cut, I think they could do a better job with their COVID protocols. On the plus side they have online check-in, staff and customers use masks, you wait outside until called in, don't accept cash, and only use half the barber chairs. Things that could be improved: no one asked me any screening questions for COVID before entering, no one checked my temperature (this one is useless but still shows they are trying), no one asked me to clean my hands at the entrance, stylists didn't make a point of cleaning her hands in front of me before starting or after finishing or before touching cash register, no gloves, no barriers between other barber chairs (though ~6 ft apart), and using a credit card still requires me to touch their iPad twice and credit card machine once.

iacrenter said:
Went to Sport Clips in WB the other day. While I was happy with getting a hair cut, I think they could do a better job with their COVID protocols. On the plus side they have online check-in, staff and customers use masks, you wait outside until called in, don't accept cash, and only use half the barber chairs. Things that could be improved: no one asked me any screening questions for COVID before entering, no one checked my temperature (this one is useless but still shows they are trying), no one asked me to clean my hands at the entrance, stylists didn't make a point of cleaning her hands in front of me before starting or after finishing or before touching cash register, no gloves, no barriers between other barber chairs (though ~6 ft apart), and using a credit card still requires me to touch their iPad twice and credit card machine once.

I went to the doctor today and everything you wrote could have been said about the doctor (except he had gloves on) and they have a sign up to not enter if you've got symptoms or been out of the country etc.

Used the restroom at Albertsons and it was as dirty as it always is.

iacrenter said:

The CDC said contaminated surfaces are not the primary mode of transmission, that it is low risk. That isn?t going to help people to disinfect things.

I?ve noticed as things open up Costco, Target, grocery stores are all less stringent with their disinfection processes.

Everything related to covid isn?t really sustainable.  How long did we think stores would stay on top of it? Their employees are human, everyone gets fatigued mentally over this stuff. At some point it probably just becomes easier to go for the herd immunity approach which is in some respects what we are doing now with everything opening up.

But according to IHO, 40 million unemployed people was worth saving lives. At the end of the day a death is a death. IHO is going to hit me with an ?I don?t get it? - but people die every day for one reason or another. Now we just add covid to that list.

qwerty said:
iacrenter said:

The CDC said contaminated surfaces are not the primary mode of transmission, that it is low risk. That isn?t going to help people to disinfect things.

I?ve noticed as things open up Costco, Target, grocery stores are all less stringent with their disinfection processes.

Everything related to covid isn?t really sustainable.  How long did we think stores would stay on top of it? Their employees are human, everyone gets fatigued mentally over this stuff. At some point it probably just becomes easier to go for the herd immunity approach which is in some respects what we are doing now with everything opening up.

But according to IHO, 40 million unemployed people was worth saving lives. At the end of the day a death is a death. IHO is going to hit me with an ?I don?t get it? - but people die every day for one reason or another. Now we just add covid to that list.

I don?t care about fancy surface disinfection. I just want them to clean their hands before and after touching me. A simple squirt of alcohol gel would go a long way.

40 million unemployed... but not exactly 40 million uncompensated. 😉

To keep on topic, some barbers can't get their people back because they make more staying home.

The lady cutting my hair mentioned that staffing was an issue. If you get paid more to stay home, why bother working.

Guardian Article: Missouri hairstylist may have exposed 91 people to Covid-19, officials say

A Missouri hairstylist may have exposed 91 customers and coworkers to coronavirus, public health officials said, after the state?s governor allowed businesses including salons to reopen on 4 May.

The stylist who tested positive for Covid-19 worked at a salon in Springfield on eight different days while experiencing coronavirus symptoms.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/23/missouri-hair-stylist-coronavirus-exposure

Run if you see the barber cough. ;)

Back