New iPhone SE (iPhone SE2?)

irvinehomeowner

So the rumors were true, Apple came out with the next version of their budget iPhone, the iPhone SE 2020.

It's basically the iPhone 8 without the dual camera but has the latest iPhone CPU:
https://www.apple.com/iphone-se/

Starts at $399 and yes... they brought the Home button back (but not the headphone jack :( ).

But they should have made a + version because big screens are the rage (maybe next year).

Good timing on Apple's part. They need to have  a cheaper phone during this economic downturn. It's a great phone--basically the guts of the iPhone 11 in a iPhone 8 body. You get fast charging/wireless charging, IP67 dust/water resistance, 4.7" TrueTone display, A13 Bionic processor, WiFi 6, and Express Cards with power reserve (you can use as a transit card even without battery power). Only missing the U1 chip for better spatial awareness and ?future AppleTile support.

I'm looking forward to the iPhone 12 Pro and 5G later this year. All the rumors are pointing to a more slab exterior design similar to iPhone 5, lidar sensor added to the 3 camera array on back for augmented reality, smaller notch, faster processor, and upgraded OLED screen. I'm also hoping for the return of Touch ID through the glass screen.

Good timing indeed.  Saw a review earlier today that pointed out that the return of Touch ID on the SE is timely as the COVID-19 avoiding, mask-wearing masses will now have trouble with Face ID. 

irvinelurker said:
Good timing indeed.  Saw a review earlier today that pointed out that the return of Touch ID on the SE is timely as the COVID-19 avoiding, mask-wearing masses will now have trouble with Face ID. 

Face ID ? my biggest pet peeve while working in the hospital. But  even TouchID will be a problem since I wear gloves a lot.

iacrenter said:
irvinelurker said:

Face ID ? my biggest pet peeve while working in the hospital. But  even TouchID will be a problem since I wear gloves a lot.

Elbow ID?

Instead of Retina Display... Retina ID. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
When are they coming out with the real upgraded iPhone?  Sept?

Usually around there.

You can see leaks for the iPhone 12 already.

Hoping there are no iPhone delays from pandemic closures in China.

Back