Author Topic: APAAS - worth it?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Maserson

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 36
  • -Received: 32
Re: APAAS - worth it?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 09:19:03 AM »
We stopped mid application. Don't think our kid is a good fit/not motivated enough and 2 drop offs is impossible for us.  The quality/quantity varies at different APAAS locations so you'll hear different accounts of work volume.

Several friends had/have/will have their kids in APAAS.  One kid HATED it - was up late most nights finishing assignments, ended up dropping out and moved to private school. One loves it. One is starting in fall so who knows.

Offline IrvineRes88

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 11
Re: APAAS - worth it?
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »
I think the program is not a one size fits all and no public school programs can provide that. If your kid enjoys all subjects, enjoys digging deeper into projects and don't mind a heavy workload then it is a good fit.  Personally I felt that the curriculum could use some updating, also I didn't care for the teaching style. However my son enjoyed it although he would get sad that he had to finish homework while he knows his nonAPPAS friends were out having a good time playing w/friends. He, however due to the vigorous program for the last 3 years of course work, he is much better prepared for middle school and much ahead compared to the rest of the class. So it really comes down to if it is a good fit.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal