When/where/how did I receive a grant deed?

daedalus

Our toddler is supposed to start kindergarten in the fall.  We were fortunate enough to get a lottery spot for before and after school care.  They are crazy strict with documentation and want us to provide a copy of the grant deed to our home as proof of residency.  Anyone know at what point I would have received this?  Would it have been in a huge stack of papers we signed at closing, or in the mail afterward?  Something else?  Hoping to limit the size of the haystack before I start looking for this needle.  TIA!  Not sure if it makes a difference, but I live in LA County.

Will they not accept a closing statement from escrow?  The grant deed usually comes in the mail about a month after you close.  See if you can download it from the County Recorders website.

Irvine school district has residency restrictions too but they accept a driver's license and utility bills.

Is the grant deed the only thing they will take? What if you are a renter?

It's a bit more expensive in LAC...about $20 depending on page count and research time.  Trying to save the $ if it's worth the effort.

Yeah, they're pretty anal.  We also need a copy of a mortgage statement AND a utility bill in addition to the deed.  For renters, I think my wife said they need a copy of the rental agreement and a utility bill (or 2?).  Amazing they don't need to draw blood too while they're at it and decode the genetics of each family member.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Will they not accept a closing statement from escrow?  The grant deed usually comes in the mail about a month after you close.  See if you can download it from the County Recorders website.

Thanks Martin!

Back