Next steps after you come home from the market or take out/Ordering online

eyephone

Market
With so many people touching items at the market. It is best to wipe it down or transfer it to another container. Fruits and vegetables wash with soap and water:

Take out from restaurant
Remove from package and transfer to plate. Reheat the food in the microwave.

Ordering online
If goods non perishable transfer package to garage and do not open it for several days. Just in case the cardboard box is contaminated.

Lol  My beater truck is the one I take to pick up takeout.  My wife takes her car to work.  Another truck would be used to haul the family anywhere we need to go together.

daedalus said:
Lol  My beater truck is the one I take to pick up takeout.  My wife takes her car to work.  Another truck would be used to haul the family anywhere we need to go together.

Cool.
Do you sanitize the things you get delivered? Do you reheat your food if you order take out?

I don't know yet.  We have placed our 1st home delivery orders, and will receive them Wednesday I think.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a saniwipe to everything, but that could take a while and it really doesn't seem like the risk of exposure from passed object is very high.  Seems like it's really face to face contact that's the primary factor in spreading this.

If the takeout is hot, I don't think I'll reheat it.  Though my takeout from Saturday was hand-rolled cold sushi, so no heat used.  At most, move it to a clean plate and wash my hands.  I've been big on washing my hands. 

CBS News: Amazon Worker At Eastvale Facility Tests Positive For COVID-19

An Amazon worker at a fulfillment center in the Riverside County city of Eastvale tested positive for coronavirus, the second such confirmed case among Amazon employees in the Inland Empire.

Last week, a worker at an Amazon fulfillment center in Moreno Valley also tested positive for coronavirus. Following the news, a fellow employee at the Moreno Valley facility told CBS2 that Amazon is not doing enough to protect workers.
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...astvale-facility-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

I keep a staging area for all the packages in my garage.

Back