Author Topic: Masks?  (Read 26732 times)

Online morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 593
  • -Received: 527
Re: Masks?
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2021, 06:45:44 PM »
Walked into Jade, restaurant/bar Sunday afternoon. Band playing with at least 75 people…didn’t have a mask and neither did anyone else, including the hostess and the band. Had a wonderful, fun afternoon!  Don’t think you are going to the right places. ;D ;D >:D

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2667
  • -Received: 4020
  • 3CWG
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2021, 07:00:01 PM »
Good thing you have that supernatural immunity.

You probably are bulletproof too.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »
No, I'm just average man with an average life... ;D ;D >:D

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2021, 12:47:59 PM »
So sanity may return to the big apple….

'Not being able to see the smiles of our children has a major impact': NYC Mayor-elect says he's keen to end face-covering mandate for schoolkids

New York City Mayor-elect Eric Adams told CNN's Dana Bash on Sunday he wants to nix the city's mask mandate for students by the end of the year
He said he fears it prevents students from properly socializing
But he said he will only get rid of the mandate if it could be done safely
Adams also said in an appearance on NPR on Sunday that he identifies as a 'conservative' on public safety
He explained he has 'zero tolerance for abusive and criminal and violent behavior' and does not want to see criminals back on the streets the next day
His comments come as the city tries to recover from the ongoing pandemic and amid an increase in crime city-wide

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10175069/NYC-Mayor-elect-says-hes-keen-end-face-covering-mandate-schoolkids.html

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 497
  • -Received: 778
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2021, 01:22:18 PM »
What does nyc got do with me? Fix Long beach trick

So sanity may return to the big apple….

'Not being able to see the smiles of our children has a major impact': NYC Mayor-elect says he's keen to end face-covering mandate for schoolkids

New York City Mayor-elect Eric Adams told CNN's Dana Bash on Sunday he wants to nix the city's mask mandate for students by the end of the year
He said he fears it prevents students from properly socializing
But he said he will only get rid of the mandate if it could be done safely
Adams also said in an appearance on NPR on Sunday that he identifies as a 'conservative' on public safety
He explained he has 'zero tolerance for abusive and criminal and violent behavior' and does not want to see criminals back on the streets the next day
His comments come as the city tries to recover from the ongoing pandemic and amid an increase in crime city-wide

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10175069/NYC-Mayor-elect-says-hes-keen-end-face-covering-mandate-schoolkids.html

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2021, 01:24:14 PM »
Hopefully Long Beach follows his lead. That would fix something. ;D :D >:D

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2021, 01:26:09 PM »
I noticed you talk chit about other cities. But you havent done nothing about long beach.

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »
I noticed you talk chit about other cities. But you havent done nothing about long beach.

No doubt sections of LB are shitholes. Heck my neighborhood gets over run nightly by vagrants stealing everything not tied down…If I had it my way i’d round em all up.  We are more vulnerable bc we have dopey woke dems in charge..way nicer over the bridge in Seal where they send all their homeless over the bridge to us…it sucks.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2021, 08:59:29 PM »

No doubt sections of LB are shitholes. Heck my neighborhood gets over run nightly by vagrants stealing everything not tied down…If I had it my way i’d round em all up.  We are more vulnerable bc we have dopey woke dems in charge..way nicer over the bridge in Seal where they send all their homeless over the bridge to us…it sucks.

I think I may have done more than you volunteering in that so called beach town. lol
* there are people who complain and do nothing. There are people that take action.

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2021, 09:01:10 PM »
Maybe.

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »
Masks are garbage...literally.

Oxford Professor: Official Data Shows Face Masks “Made No Meaningful Difference” to Infection Rates

University of Oxford Professor Jim Naismith asserts that despite England dropping its mask mandate in July and Scotland keeping its rules in force, official data shows this “has made no meaningful difference” to infection rates.

Naismith goes on to argue that new face mask mandates imposed in England today are “unlikely to have much of an impact” in fighting off the spread of the Omicron variant.

Despite flatlining case numbers and declining deaths, partly achieved because England chose to lift lockdown restrictions in the summer unlike many European countries, mask mandates are once again back in force.

Face coverings are compulsory in shops, on public transport and numerous other venues arbitrarily chosen by the government.

Highlighting the absurdity of the rules, face masks are mandatory in takeaways but not restaurants, meaning you have to wear one if picking up a takeaway but not if you stay inside the restaurant for a sit down meal.

According to Naismith, Director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute and Professor of Structural Biology at the University of Oxford, masks are largely pointless.

“The ONS survey results on prevalence shows that the Scottish and English approach to masking, although formally different since July, has made no meaningful difference to Delta,” writes Naismith.

“In both countries very high levels of prevalence have continued for months. Thus the new changes announced are unlikely to have much of an impact if Omicron does indeed spread rapidly,” he added.

https://summit.news/2021/11/30/oxford-professor-official-data-shows-face-masks-made-no-meaningful-difference-to-infection-rates/

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 458
  • -Received: 693
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »
The article does not analyze other factors that may contribute to similar rates of infection between England (no mandate) and Scotland (mask mandated). For instance, differences in vaccination rates, age, health status etc... Unless you control for these variables, you can't make a meaningful conclusion on the effectiveness of masks.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals by momopi
[Today at 09:36:50 AM]

Re: Stock picks by momopi
[Today at 09:30:21 AM]

Re: Anyone have any suggestions for a water softener and reverse osmosis? by zovall
[Today at 09:28:37 AM]

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Today at 08:46:03 AM]

Re: coronavirus by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:22:14 AM]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal