Costco check?

irvinehomeowner

So from what friends have been telling me, some Costcos are crazier than others.

Coscto District - Long lines
Costco Marketplace - Medium lines
Costco Spectrum - Medium lines

From NextDoor, Costco Fountain Valley and Coscto Huntington Beach are ok.

Do you guys know which ones are more organized and have lower wait times?

I go to Corona Costco. 
Only the mornings are whackadoodle.
But that was a few weeks ago.  Now I dunno.

first costco senior hour in fv was a disaster this morning. hundreds of people in line and wasn't worth it.

I would avoid Costco for now.  Way too many people.

I shop at Pioneer Cash & Carry (formally Diho Supermarket) in Artesia, it's an Indian grocer that sells the Laxmi low GI basmati rice in 10 lb bags.  I have NEVER seen the parking lot so packed before.  Driving on Pioneer Blvd through Little India I saw some old Indian guy pushing a shopping cart filled with large sacks of rice.  I was like @_@??

If you store rice in sealed mylar bags & buckets with oxygen absorbers it may last 10 years.  In sealed #10 cans, 20-30+ years.  In the retailer sacks, in theory up to 5 years stored in your pantry, but you might find bugs in a year.

momopi said:
If you store rice in sealed mylar bags & buckets with oxygen absorbers it may last 10 years.  In sealed #10 cans, 20-30+ years.  In the retailer sacks, in theory up to 5 years stored in your pantry, but you might find bugs in a year.

This happened to us... I thought we had termites or something then googled and found that the bug eggs are already in the rice. Turned us off on rice... at least keeping more than a pound or so at a time.

Been trying to order online for a while. Won't deliver to my address... others have reported the same issue.

It teases you, says they have it in stock, you put it in your cart and then it tells you that it can't be delivered. :(

I'm not sure if it's still possible, but I went to Tustin District Costco at around 12:30 a weeks ago there was no line. They also has the self-checkout which I got to scan things without waiting at all. There was some sort of a line and control they were doing on diary products, but there were enough stuff. No TP though ;D. But I heard they re-stock about 4 times a day, so if you time it right, you might be lucky to get one.

I also went to Target 2 days ago around the same time and there was no line. I think the line is especially crazy in the morning before they open. I understand people are afraid things might not be in stock if you go late, but places like Costco restocks more often than others.

I also experienced if you go to DMV around lunch time, the wait time is usually less than an hour. I had similar wait time for both Costa Mesa and Laguna Hills ones.

Mety said:
I'm not sure if it's still possible, but I went to Tustin District Costco at around 12:30 a weeks ago there was no line. They also has the self-checkout which I got to scan things without waiting at all. There was some sort of a line and control they were doing on diary products, but there were enough stuff. No TP though ;D. But I heard they re-stock about 4 times a day, so if you time it right, you might be lucky to get one.

You're doing that past tense thing again.

Costco is pretty crazy now... even the ones that weren't so crowded just a few days ago are now getting insane (based on Kings' post). My family, friends and co-workers have been comparing notes and buying stuff for each other because others are not so lucky, especially the seniors who shouldn't really be out even if there is a "senior hour".

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

You're doing that past tense thing again.

Costco is pretty crazy now... even the ones that weren't so crowded just a few days ago are now getting insane (based on Kings' post). My family, friends and co-workers have been comparing notes and buying stuff for each other because others are not so lucky, especially the seniors who shouldn't really be out even if there is a "senior hour".

Well, I also said Target had no line 2 days ago which you just decided to skip on quoting. Is that also too old since it was 2 days ago? Anyways, I was trying to give people information that there might be times you could wait less, but if you want to nitpick and criticize what I said wrong here and there instead of getting the whole bigger picture, then that?s all you?ll get. Good luck with your groceries.

irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:

This happened to us... I thought we had termites or something then googled and found that the bug eggs are already in the rice. Turned us off on rice... at least keeping more than a pound or so at a time.

You need to store it in air tight container.  Some grain beetles are attracted to bread crumbs, and if you feed them the kind with Italian seasonings with rosemary they will ingest and die.

@Mety:

I left out your Target comment because this thread was about Costco.

And I wasn't nitpicking or criticizing, I was just saying that Costco is different now than it was a week ago... even a few days ago.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

And I wasn't nitpicking or criticizing, I was just saying that Costco is different now than it was a week ago... even a few days ago.

Try around lunch time or even around 2pm. Those are surprisingly the least time on waiting for some places like I?ve mentioned above. You can also google and it?ll live update how busy they are currently.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

Try around lunch time or even around 2pm. Those are surprisingly the least time on waiting for some places like I?ve mentioned above. You can also google and it?ll live update how busy they are currently.

I just googled and Costco near Spectrum is not too busy right now. Present tense.

Later times, Costco is less crowded but by then the "good" stuff is gone.

Someone on NextDoor said they restock 4 times a day but I think that's unlikely for the paper products.

While I think we have enough for my family, as I said above, I am also looking for my friends and co-workers because they were late to the pandemic party.

irvinehomeowner said:

Someone on NextDoor said they restock 4 times a day but I think that's unlikely for the paper products.

While I think we have enough for my family, as I said above, I am also looking for my friends and co-workers because they were late to the pandemic party.

We were able to get TP right when they were restocking (after the pandemic party) so it's your choice to believe or not.  ;)

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We were able to get TP right when they were restocking (after the pandemic party) so it's your choice to believe or not.  ;)

At Costco? Today? Or last week? :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

3 weeks ago. JK.

You were questioning if they would restock the paper products. So I'm answering they do. How to time those restocking time slots is not something I know of. I guess we were just lucky.

Also you were originally asking if any Costco has less wait time. I just provided times when there are less people. If you were to argue how good quality stuff are left by then, then I guess you or your friend would have to line up from 2am. Your choice.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

3 weeks ago. JK.

You were questioning if they would restock the paper products. So I'm answering they do. How to time those restocking time slots is not something I know of. I guess we were just lucky.

You keep missing my point about your timing. From what I understand, your last visit to Costco was a week ago, so while they may have been restocking throughout the day then... they may not be now, which is why everyone lines up in the morning.

Also you were originally asking if any Costco has less wait time. I just provided times when there are less people. If you were to argue how good quality stuff are left by then, then I guess you or your friend would have to line up from 2am. Your choice.

I guess I should added more context but during this current situation when talking about Costco and status, I was referring to the wait and inventory of the sought after items. I wouldn't be asking about Costco if I wanted to stop by in the afternoon to get a hot dog and soda (no lines for that at all).

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

3 weeks ago. JK.

You keep missing my point about your timing. From what I understand, your last visit to Costco was a week ago, so while they may have been restocking throughout the day then... they may not be now, which is why everyone lines up in the morning.

I guess I should added more context but during this current situation when talking about Costco and status, I was referring to the wait and inventory of the sought after items. I wouldn't be asking about Costco if I wanted to stop by in the afternoon to get a hot dog and soda (no lines for that at all).

OK then. You can disregard everything I said. Sorry for taking up spaces.

For all others, try around lunch time if you want to wait less. I'll also update next time I visit.

Back