Author Topic: Costco check?  (Read 2232 times)

paydawg (+ 2 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 172
  • -Received: 194
Re: Costco check?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
Later times, Costco is less crowded but by then the "good" stuff is gone.

Someone on NextDoor said they restock 4 times a day but I think that's unlikely for the paper products.

While I think we have enough for my family, as I said above, I am also looking for my friends and co-workers because they were late to the pandemic party.

We were able to get TP right when they were restocking (after the pandemic party) so it's your choice to believe or not.  ;)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2263
  • -Received: 3645
  • 3CWG
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 02:10:25 PM »

Someone on NextDoor said they restock 4 times a day but I think that's unlikely for the paper products.

While I think we have enough for my family, as I said above, I am also looking for my friends and co-workers because they were late to the pandemic party.

We were able to get TP right when they were restocking (after the pandemic party) so it's your choice to believe or not.  ;)

At Costco? Today? Or last week? :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »

3 weeks ago. JK.

You were questioning if they would restock the paper products. So I'm answering they do. How to time those restocking time slots is not something I know of. I guess we were just lucky.

Also you were originally asking if any Costco has less wait time. I just provided times when there are less people. If you were to argue how good quality stuff are left by then, then I guess you or your friend would have to line up from 2am. Your choice.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 02:22:02 PM »

3 weeks ago. JK.

You were questioning if they would restock the paper products. So I'm answering they do. How to time those restocking time slots is not something I know of. I guess we were just lucky.

You keep missing my point about your timing. From what I understand, your last visit to Costco was a week ago, so while they may have been restocking throughout the day then... they may not be now, which is why everyone lines up in the morning.

Also you were originally asking if any Costco has less wait time. I just provided times when there are less people. If you were to argue how good quality stuff are left by then, then I guess you or your friend would have to line up from 2am. Your choice.

I guess I should added more context but during this current situation when talking about Costco and status, I was referring to the wait and inventory of the sought after items. I wouldn't be asking about Costco if I wanted to stop by in the afternoon to get a hot dog and soda (no lines for that at all).
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 02:24:29 PM »

3 weeks ago. JK.

You keep missing my point about your timing. From what I understand, your last visit to Costco was a week ago, so while they may have been restocking throughout the day then... they may not be now, which is why everyone lines up in the morning.

I guess I should added more context but during this current situation when talking about Costco and status, I was referring to the wait and inventory of the sought after items. I wouldn't be asking about Costco if I wanted to stop by in the afternoon to get a hot dog and soda (no lines for that at all).

OK then. You can disregard everything I said. Sorry for taking up spaces.

For all others, try around lunch time if you want to wait less. I'll also update next time I visit.

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 90
  • -Received: 134
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »
someone at my work went to Laguna Niguel Costco today around 1:30 and said there was very few people there. No lines.

In Stock: Eggs, butter, break, gatorade, infant formula, poultry,milk, sugar, diapers, water, ground beef

No stock: paper towels, sanitizer, flushable wipes, facial tissue, rice, rubbing alcohol, flour, bath tissue, hydrogen peroxide, bleach, disinfecting wipes, gloves, vinegar, pet food

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 11:42:04 PM »
I should have listed like how Kenkoko did. Thanks for showing good examples.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »
Costco at Alton (near Spectrum) had no line today. I went in 12:30pm and finished by 1:00pm. There were plenty of stuff in stock.

There is a sign at the entrance that says they don't have certain stuff like paper products, but when I went in they were restocking those. Many could grab TP. I would assume the sign was not up to date/minute.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 02:51:40 PM »
Costco at Alton (near Spectrum) had no line today. I went in 12:30pm and finished by 1:00pm. There were plenty of stuff in stock.

There is a sign at the entrance that says they don't have certain stuff like paper products, but when I went in they were restocking those. Many could grab TP. I would assume the sign was not up to date/minute.

Nice. So as you said, they do restock during the day, so maybe a midday visit would be more fruitful. I will try as it's near home and I know some others who have not been able to get paper products.

Thanks!
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 03:00:43 PM »
I would also check live status update on how busy they are. It's been pretty accurate.

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 547
  • -Received: 1038
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »

I was there at 11:30 and TP was already gone.  But right around 12:00, there’s new delivery of TP and a long line form immediately towards the back to pick up TP. 

Yeah, it’s not crowded at all and plenty of stuff in stock.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
Inc could have run into Mety!
I recommend:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2494
  • -Received: 1593
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 10:42:30 PM »
Costco run at 8pm at district. No lines to get in. No lines to pay. Huge area for water. Looked like they just restocked the water because it was full. Most everyone was in stock except TP and didn’t see any bleach/Clorox wipes.

Interesting that TP is still in such demand. The Ralph’s on jamboree has TP the other day around 4pm. Not much left but still had some.

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 547
  • -Received: 1038
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 08:11:59 AM »

And I could have solved Mety=Belly debate.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

And I could have solved Mety=Belly debate.

Yelly would never come out at times like this. That guy would self quarantine for like 150 days.  ;D

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 01:36:11 PM]

Re: Coronavirus Math by morekaos
[Today at 12:38:58 PM]

Re: Coronavirus Math by Kenkoko
[Today at 12:34:37 PM]