Author Topic: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures  (Read 7022 times)

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 411
  • -Received: 620
Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2020, 03:27:15 PM »
Zov’s’ Irvine “temporary” closure looks permanent. Glass windows are  blacked out and exposed electric wires hanging out of the ceiling.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2260
  • -Received: 1812
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2020, 11:20:40 PM »
Krispy Kreme was insane the last time I went there. Drive-thru only or Mobile/Online order. Both lines were crazy. Waited 30 mins in line...might've been faster to do homemade donuts.

I went to The Donut Man in Glendora on the way back from Buttonwillow on Saturday.  I kid you not, there are over 50 people waiting in line on Saturday at 4pm for a donut which is probably a 1+ hour wait.  I told my gf, F that I'm not waiting over an hour for a donut so we took off.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2020, 11:25:03 PM »
Zov’s’ Irvine “temporary” closure looks permanent. Glass windows are  blacked out and exposed electric wires hanging out of the ceiling.

I ordered food for pick up a few times from their Tustin location and picked it up from their bakery location. I did like the Zov's off Culver, too bad.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 174
  • -Received: 52
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »
Krispy Kreme was insane the last time I went there. Drive-thru only or Mobile/Online order. Both lines were crazy. Waited 30 mins in line...might've been faster to do homemade donuts.

I went to The Donut Man in Glendora on the way back from Buttonwillow on Saturday.  I kid you not, there are over 50 people waiting in line on Saturday at 4pm for a donut which is probably a 1+ hour wait.  I told my gf, F that I'm not waiting over an hour for a donut so we took off.

My wife went a few weeks back, maybe 3 weeks ago? It was a weekday (she was also stopping by from a nearby job site) and she said the line was like 3 people.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 819
  • -Received: 1064
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2020, 11:17:46 AM »
Andreis Irvine is back open for dine in. 2607 Main St.

They have always had a charitable giving side to their business model so a restaurant worth supporting IMHO.

My .02c

Offline paperboyNC

• Thanks
  • -Given: 332
  • -Received: 263
  • Portola Springs
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2020, 07:53:54 PM »
Andreis Irvine is back open for dine in. 2607 Main St.

They have always had a charitable giving side to their business model so a restaurant worth supporting IMHO.

My .02c

Used to have a client in that building and ate there many times. Great food.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2461
  • -Received: 3816
  • 3CWG
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2020, 10:22:09 AM »
Peppino's in Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and Foothill Ranch are supposedly closed for good and filing bankruptcy after over 30 years in business.

The Aliso Viejo location, which is owned by a different family (although similar menu) is remaining open.

Sad... really liked that place. They had other locations in Woodbury and Tustin but those didn't do well.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Bullsback

• Thanks
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 123
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
Peppino's in Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and Foothill Ranch are supposedly closed for good and filing bankruptcy after over 30 years in business.

The Aliso Viejo location, which is owned by a different family (although similar menu) is remaining open.

Sad... really liked that place. They had other locations in Woodbury and Tustin but those didn't do well.
I really hope with those really long and established restaurants, the people closing didn't lose their retirement nest eggs, etc, since often times business owners have so much sunk into their businesses, and this was more of a matter of, at the end of the day, they are ready to retire, maybe don't have kids or family who want to take over the business, selling was an option, but maybe not a huge desire, and so with all of this, they viewed it more as a time to slow down and retire. 

Offline paperboyNC

• Thanks
  • -Given: 332
  • -Received: 263
  • Portola Springs
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2020, 01:07:13 PM »

I really hope with those really long and established restaurants, the people closing didn't lose their retirement nest eggs, etc, since often times business owners have so much sunk into their businesses, and this was more of a matter of, at the end of the day, they are ready to retire, maybe don't have kids or family who want to take over the business, selling was an option, but maybe not a huge desire, and so with all of this, they viewed it more as a time to slow down and retire.

Sad to hear. Before COVID-19 they had already ended lunch service near my office.

Offline Cares

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 88
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2020, 06:04:11 PM »

Oh that's really sad news to hear. I loved going to eat there for my heavy knock me out for 5 hours Italian fix.

Online aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 192
  • -Received: 742
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2020, 09:30:52 PM »

Oh that's really sad news to hear. I loved going to eat there for my heavy knock me out for 5 hours Italian fix.

I was at Foothill Ranch food court and I saw a husband and wife reading the sign on the Peppinos door and they almost started crying.  I think some people were hardcore regulars there.  They had patio seating and live music on Fridays and would often hear groups singing out loud while eating.  Another victim of COVID.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 664
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2020, 11:13:48 PM »

I was at Foothill Ranch food court and I saw a husband and wife reading the sign on the Peppinos door and they almost started crying.  I think some people were hardcore regulars there.  They had patio seating and live music on Fridays and would often hear groups singing out loud while eating.  Another victim of COVID.

Ha Are you serious?
I never go that way. Some people say Alton pkwy is a speed trap.

Offline John

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2020, 08:13:04 PM »

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »
24 Hour Fitness at The Spectrum closing

https://abc7.com/business/24-hour-fitness-closes-18-gyms-in-socal/6247528/

Lakeshore towers too.  I'm actually going to join EOS gym in Tustin once they open up.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 205
  • -Received: 1136
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2020, 10:01:25 PM »
Javiers Newport Beach just closed after reopening. Per their Instagram, “for deep cleaning and testing”. I saw somewhere else that 10 employees tested positive.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Stock picks by momopi
[Today at 08:30:39 AM]

Re: coronavirus by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 08:23:10 AM]

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 08:00:22 AM]

Re: Snowflakes by morekaos