Author Topic: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures  (Read 28844 times)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 347
Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 08:52:45 PM »
I hope all the K-Bbq have some sorta backup, savings, rainy days funds set aside. Cause, while some of the restaurants can scale down and scrape by with take out. K-Bbq and hot pot are only sit down and eat-in joints. Those and alike will suffers heavily.

Shik Do Rak has to go $20 for 2 cooked meats, 2 rice and 2 sides.

Oh wow, they might be ok, then. Cuz when I do eat there sit in, I always felt like I eat too much and they loose money on me. But since everyone in my group eat way less, it sorta balance out.

Yes. Help them when we can eat out to keep them stay around in the long run. It’s good karma.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2785
  • -Received: 1861
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 09:10:09 PM »
BJ’s has good deals. You buy something for 9.95 or higher and you can get up to 3 of their $6 meals. Their app is pretty good and it lets you pay through it. So no signing or exchanging cash.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2944
  • -Received: 2297
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:04 PM »
I saw that Boston Market took off their sign at The Marketplace.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 468
  • -Received: 717
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 11:44:39 PM »
got an email from Creamistry. They will close temporarily.

That’s code for “we are going out of business and never coming back.”

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2782
  • -Received: 4105
  • 3CWG
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 10:15:23 AM »
Let’s come up with solutions.

What businesses can stay open or re-open if they put stringent social distancing measures in?

At the Spectrum Costco, they put plexiglass up at the cashier stations which was good. But, even though they scanned my items and Costco card in line to prevent contact, and I could tap to pay on the terminal, however, I still had to hand my membership card to the cashier, so one point of vulnerability.

Some places have gone no cash payments. That helps but not if you still need to hand them your credit card.

Copper is supposed to be antiviral, maybe those CopperFit gloves are safe for handling products, exchanging items, etc. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Innosint

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 20
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 10:56:54 AM »
Let%u2019s come up with solutions.

What businesses can stay open or re-open if they put stringent social distancing measures in?

At the Spectrum Costco, they put plexiglass up at the cashier stations which was good. But, even though they scanned my items and Costco card in line to prevent contact, and I could tap to pay on the terminal, however, I still had to hand my membership card to the cashier, so one point of vulnerability.

Some places have gone no cash payments. That helps but not if you still need to hand them your credit card.

Copper is supposed to be antiviral, maybe those CopperFit gloves are safe for handling products, exchanging items, etc. :)

Pure copper still takes a couple of hours to kill bacteria/viruses on it.  It's good to be used at home, or any doorknob that's not so commonly used, but its effect isn't very useful at high traffic area.

CopperFit gloves is only laced with copper, it's anti-microbial effect isn't nearly as strong as pure copper.

UVC light is a more direct way to kill bacterial and virus, but at the cost of possibly cause skin cancer.

Spraying everything down with alcohol/diluted bleach is probably still the best way to disinfect, but alcohol is not too friendly with the finished and anti-glare screeen on a lot of scanning devices.

not sure why Costco don't just go with honor system at this point. It's not like a lot of employees check the card that closely anyway, just present the card is should be enough to deterent some people that just tries to sneak in without membership. They can alwasy just member hold up the card and scan the bar code..

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 226
  • -Received: 841
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
I figure this is the beginning of a cashless US once someone discovers that COVID-19 can remain active on US paper currency for 14 days and infects nearly all the carriers of said currency during that period. 

Don't you realize we'll all just get a chip in our hand or forehead from which can be scanned 6ft away and debit our accounts instantly.  That's the endgame.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 12:22:20 PM »
At the the district Costco they stopped the practice of handing over the receipt when you are leaving, at least the last two times I was there. Now you just show it to them, they glance it over do a pretend count and let you out. That whole receipt checking practice is stupid in general.

Grocery stores need to develop a system where you take a cart and as you put stuff in your cart you scan it with your phone and pay on your phone. The inside of the cart may still be “infected” but it’s a start.

Right now I can see grocery stores just spreading the virus.

With that said, there is only so much one/businesses can do.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 12:26:09 PM »
At the the district Costco they stopped the practice of handing over the receipt when you are leaving, at least the last two times I was there. Now you just show it to them, they glance it over do a pretend count and let you out. That whole receipt checking practice is stupid in general.

Grocery stores need to develop a system where you take a cart and as you put stuff in your cart you scan it with your phone and pay on your phone. The inside of the cart may still be “infected” but it’s a start.

Right now I can see grocery stores just spreading the virus.

With that said, there is only so much one/businesses can do.

Amazon Go

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 01:16:54 PM »
I was referring to widespread adoption at a place I can actually use it vs flying to Seattle to get have my touch less shopping experience

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »
I was referring to widespread adoption at a place I can actually use it vs flying to Seattle to get have my touch less shopping experience

FYI: Amazon go coming to Irvine
Also, there are locations in NY, Chicago, San Francisco (but according to the ap as of today they are temporarily closed) idk

But I was referring to the technology. (Camera, sensor, Etc)
That you do not have to interact with a worker when you leave the store.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »
From what I’ve read though, the choices are somewhat limited. Ralph’s, vons, etc need to start using it

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 01:42:17 PM »
From what I’ve read though, the choices are somewhat limited. Ralph’s, vons, etc need to start using it

There are various videos on YouTube regarding Amazon Go. 

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 269
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 09:43:35 PM »
I figure this is the beginning of a cashless US once someone discovers that COVID-19 can remain active on US paper currency for 14 days and infects nearly all the carriers of said currency during that period. 

Don't you realize we'll all just get a chip in our hand or forehead from which can be scanned 6ft away and debit our accounts instantly.  That's the endgame.

I think I read that book :) Has a happy ending for most of us.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 10:38:13 PM »
This probably isn’t the right thread but if you are looking for some sort of disinfectant, which  a lot of stores are sold out of, you can buy Lucas-cide online. Spas use it to disinfect their tools.

1/2 an ounce of this stuff makes a one gallon solution that lasts 30 days.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Hello Polio, our old friend by nosuchreality
[Yesterday at 10:47:52 PM]

Re: Funny things Joe says... by StarmanMBA
[Yesterday at 08:04:29 PM]

Re: The Hypocrisy of Electric Vehicles by StarmanMBA
[Yesterday at 08:01:46 PM]

Re: coronavirus by iacrenter