Author Topic: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures  (Read 19198 times)

Online eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 498
  • -Received: 782
Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2021, 01:19:32 PM »
Glad I got a chest freezer from Fry's for a deep discount at the beginning of the year

I bar a chest freezer also. (But not from frys)
So much extra freezer space.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2021, 01:43:58 PM »
Bye bye Frys:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2021/2/24/22298616/frys-electronics-going-out-of-business

:(

I remember loving going there as a kid, video games, computer parts, TVs, etc.  But to be honest I haven't been there in about 5+ years, last time I remember going was for their 25% itune GCs when they went on sale, didn't even browse, grabbed and left.  All the businesses selling things online didn't help and their website wasn't smooth, they didn't really have great prices either compared to say Microcenter.  The one time I bought something on their website never shipped and was cancelled and I never used them again.

Micro center no comment.
Go to Yelp and read their reviews.

I've personally never had an issue with Microcenter, and I'm sure a lot of PC enthusiasts like having a Microcenter in the OC area, especially those who want the new video cards and AMD CPUs.  My dad has been using them for years as have I.  I've never had a DOA part though, maybe their return/exchange service sucks, but I can't comment on that.

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 237
  • -Received: 79
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2021, 02:09:31 PM »
Micro Center is a local treasure to me. I also don't view them as actively trying to screw you in the way I thought about Fry's. Then again, I'm really biased because I've been going to the Tustin Micro Center since the 90s. They let me return a videogame, which was unheard of, and won my eternal loyalty as a teenager.

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 461
  • -Received: 703
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2021, 09:43:08 PM »
[removed spam]

Another Bot?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:21:21 PM by admin »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]