Shelter in Statewide = normal Saturday traffic flow?

nosuchreality

All week long, as I walk my dog along the main neighborhood thoroughfare, traffic has been greatly reduced.

Today, one week in on school closures, 24 hours in Statewide stay at home request and it seems like normal Saturday car volume on the surface street.

Where are ppl driving to given all places are closed?
I have not taken my car put since Monday. Just walks in neighborhood. I think I will take my car put on Wednesday and do all shopping in one stretch...

I hear in LA you might get ticketed $250 if you joy ride right now aka catch in the car without a valid purpose. (According to TI member)

Sunday morning - here in my neighborhood, streets are very empty and hardly any cars. So looks like ppl are heeding  the call, which is good.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Sunday morning - here in my neighborhood, streets are very empty and hardly any cars. So looks like ppl are heeding  the call, which is good.

Quite a few people out in my hood (including me). Walking, biking, running etc.

Everyone tired of being stuck inside.

Still ok I guess as long as ppl do it in solitary and mantain social distance. When I go for walk, i try to do the same. Only once it felt awkward when 2 Asian ladies with masks literally jumped from side walk to the street to avoid coming closer  :)

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Still ok I guess as long as ppl do it in solitary and mantain social distance. When I go for walk, i try to do the same. Only once it felt awkward when 2 Asian ladies with masks literally jumped from side walk to the street to avoid coming closer  :)

Same thing happened to me when I was out on a walk.  For the most part the sidewalk is wide enough and you and your family (along with the other side), stay to your extreme right of the sidewalk when passing to respect their personal space.

This Asian lady with a hat, sunglasses and a mask saw me coming 50ft away and left the sidewalk to walk on the street instead when we passed.  It?s fine and she has the right to get as much space as she feels comfortable with, just caught me off guard I guess.

Back