For those bold entrepreneurial Irvine Renters who likes to think outside the box

panda

GATESOFOLDATLANTA.jpg

If I was a renter in Irvine in my early 30s and had an online business that was portable, and my lease is about to come due, I may have a unique opportunity for you. You know that prices are going be become more and more in your favor in the next 24 months if your ultimate goal is to buy in Irvine.

I have a new 3 bedroom townhome listing for $319,900 (built in 2016) which is the lowest listing price point in a "AAA" grade school district by $54,000 to the next lowest priced listing. The townhome is 2120 sq/ft with brick on 3 sides. It has all hardwood floors on two floors, nicely ungraded master and is a corner unit. Your carrying cost should be right around $1500 / month to live in a premium area near Johns Creek. This famine in the land will not last forever and will eventually will come to pass. The strategy here is to build up your cash reserves as much as you can to eventually buy in Irvine in 2022 and who knows... you may fall in love the area and decide to raise your family here in Johns Creek. You can reach out to me if you are interested.

Sharon Elementary : Rank 6 / 1234 Elementary schools
https://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schools/0222002880/school.aspx   

Riverwatch Middle: Rank 3 / 551 Middle schoolshttps://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schools/0222003352/school.aspx

Lambert High : Rank 5 / 435 High Schoolshttps://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schools/0222003954/school.aspx

I don?t believe Panda ever said that. He pointed out though that JC has a similar income figures for residents compare to Irvine, but the home prices are far less expensive.

I honestly think this is a good creative option for a single or young family who has a portable business and also renting in Irvine. He or she can reduce his rent by half and save the other for a down payment while home prices in Irvine fall. You can't enjoy the beach anyways right now. I am thinking that this dust will settle sometime in late 2022 and the Irvine Renter will be in a good cash position to be a owner in Irvine. At least this is what I would if I was single, portable and in my early 30s.

I am dropping the price to $314,990 today. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Mety said:
I don?t believe Panda ever said that. He pointed out though that JC has a similar income figures for residents compare to Irvine, but the home prices are far less expensive.

Okay. My point was that he keeps talking about things that happen in Irvine that will lower Irvine prices but does not fairly recognize those same external forces can also affect Johns Creek. Is the Dow any higher there? Will unemployment be lower there once the pandemic reaches them?

So, all things being equal, let's talk about what is not... is the weather in Johns Creek going to be better than Irvine's? How is the job market? I know there is a lot of tech around there, but what about other industries? Is there a Disneyland 30 minutes away? How about a beach? Or skiing?

I have friends who live in that area... but whenever they visit us they have that yearning look in their eyes. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Okay. My point was that he keeps talking about things that happen in Irvine that will lower Irvine prices but does not fairly recognize those same external forces can also affect Johns Creek. Is the Dow any higher there? Will unemployment be lower there once the pandemic reaches them?

So, all things being equal, let's talk about what is not... is the weather in Johns Creek going to be better than Irvine's? How is the job market? I know there is a lot of tech around there, but what about other industries? Is there a Disneyland 30 minutes away? How about a beach? Or skiing?

I have friends who live in that area... but whenever they visit us they have that yearning look in their eyes. :)

IHO, maybe it?s like what Mety said, you are sexy that they looking at. And I hopes that?s a female and not a dude.

IHO, We are a red state and we are still open for business as of now. We will also be effected by the overall economy, but the larger income/house multiple cities like SF, LA, Chicago, NY will be impacted more than the lower income/house multiples like Nashville, Atlanta, and Raleigh.  I am just making the point that Johns Creek have similar income levels as Irvine, but real estate prices are 1/2 the cost. Public schools are comparable to Irvine and may in an interesting opportunity for a young Irvine renter/online entrepreneur who can vacation in JC for 24 months while building equity in his own town home while saving 50% of what he would be paying for rent towards his Irvine home purchase in 2022. Smart financial plan if you ask me.

Mety said:

I understand the price point argument. That is partly why you ended up living there instead of Irvine.

But if the income levels are the same (which is debatable... the reported Irvine numbers do not reflect the reality), and I can afford Irvine with all the benefits it has over Johns Creek, I would just live in Irvine... and buy investment properties in JC and let Panda manage them. :)

I think 24 *days* is already too long to vacation in that heat.

Panda said:
I honestly think this is a good creative option for a single or young family who has a portable business and also renting in Irvine. He or she can reduce his rent by half and save the other for a down payment while home prices in Irvine fall. You can't enjoy the beach anyways right now. I am thinking that this dust will settle sometime in late 2022 and the Irvine Renter will be in a good cash position to be a owner in Irvine. At least this is what I would if I was single, portable and in my early 30s.

I am dropping the price to $314,990 today. Let me know if any of you are interested.

So break down the # for me.

What is the rental rate? Average vacancy days? PM cost?

Cost / Profit for buyer to buy without owner occupy but for rent out?

Panda thanks for the presentation. You are helpful and give people an option that can afford the high price homes. But!
Don?t you think it is too soon to buy?

Panda said:
GATESOFOLDATLANTA.jpg

If I was a renter in Irvine in my early 30s and had an online business that was portable, and my lease is about to come due, I may have a unique opportunity for you. You know that prices are going be become more and more in your favor in the next 24 months if your ultimate goal is to buy in Irvine.

I have a new 3 bedroom townhome listing for $319,900 (built in 2016) which is the lowest listing price point in a "AAA" grade school district by $54,000 to the next lowest priced listing. The townhome is 2120 sq/ft with brick on 3 sides. It has all hardwood floors on two floors, nicely ungraded master and is a corner unit. Your carrying cost should be right around $1500 / month to live in a premium area near Johns Creek. This famine in the land will not last forever and will eventually will come to pass. The strategy here is to build up your cash reserves as much as you can to eventually buy in Irvine in 2022 and who knows... you may fall in love the area and decide to raise your family here in Johns Creek. You can reach out to me if you are interested.

Riverwatch Middle: Rank 3 / 551 Middle schoolshttps://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schools/0222003352/school.aspx

Lambert High : Rank 5 / 435 High Schoolshttps://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schools/0222003954/school.aspx

Eyephone.

Yes if the stock market continues to crater more than 35% from the top, real estate prices will be impacted across the country, but I do believe the South will weather storm better than the more expensive coastal areas like LA, SF, Seattle, NY, and even Chicago which has the 2nd highest population loss in the country. Atlanta has the third highest population inflow in the country. You can also see that Nashville real estate weathered the storm much better than the rest of the country in the last mortgage crisis. This opportunity wasn't for all of you Irvine homeowners, but a creative opportunity for an Irvine renter who may have pay to rent of 3000 - 4000 a month trying to save up to purchase a home in Irvine. This particular town home is the lowest entry point into one of the best high school clusters in Georgia. 

eyephone said:
Panda thanks for the presentation. You are helpful and give people an option that can afford the high price homes. But!
Don?t you think it is too soon to buy?

Panda said:
GATESOFOLDATLANTA.jpg

Wouldn't someone be better off just renting that same property in JC?  Cash is king right now.  Rent it for $1800 and not worry about a 20% down payment or holding onto a potential depreciating asset? 

Panda said:

Young single working professionals should definitely be open minded and consider something like this. Too many young people I know are making a mistake by stretching to buy in Irvine or south OC. The future of work is definitely more portable.

Back