Costco's Kirkland Beer and other surprise beers I find...

ps99472

Finally tried this Costco generic beer and was quite surprised by it.  It's a variety 24 Bottle case that consists of India pale ale, pale ale, amber ale, and Belgian ale.  Dunno who brewed this product, rumor says Gordon biersch but who knows.  You'll have to love hoppy beer to like this variety pack.  My fav is the IPA followed by the pale, amber , and Belgian which is like a hef.  In fact if you drink it in that order it goes quite nicely.  The amber ale is average not as good as say Alaskan amber or boont but holds up well, especially after the hoppiness of the two pales.  Finish up with desert with the Belgian and add a squirt of lemon and i'm good for the night.  Quite heavy beers, the IPA is 6% alcohol.  Cost around $18 + CRV.  So any beer lovers in this forum?

Stone's not bad, picked up a case at Costco awhile back.  It is hard to drink on its own though.  Been wanting to visit their brewery but kinda weird to bring a two year old along.  Arrogant bastard is always fun to drink...

Any of you recommend beers from Trader Joe's?  they have selection I've never seen before.  bought a skunky mexican beer from them before and now tend to hesitate on what to get there. 

Pale ale lovers should try Firestone, they had a variety case at Costco a few months ago..  Love the Double Barrel ale...

Amber ale lovers should try my favorite beer of all time:  Alaskan Amber

Cheap beer lovers:  MGD

Diet beer lovers:  Miller lite

I don't know anything about beers but the mister's absolute favorite guzzler is the new'ish Heineken Dark which you can only find at Target for some weird reason. His friends that have tried it really like it a lot too. I don't suppose this is the same thing as an ale. I don't know what an ale is (maybe I should... I'm a "pale Amber".)

Arrogant Bastard is me favorite  :p

Definitely visit Stone Brewery, great tour and tasting  ;)

Socal78 - I'll give that Dark Heiny a try  ;)

So I was at Target the other day and remembered about the dark Heiny ale, picked up the last six pack.  Not sure how to categorize it... maybe in the same family as Newcastle?  Easy to drink like Newcastle but lacks Newcastle sweet, nutty finish.  Thanks for the rec Socal78.

Here's another one of my favorites:  Kirin draft at Honda-Ya.  I know other places has this as well but for some reason, Honda-Ya's tastes the best.  If you have a choice of Asian beers, always go with Kirin, brewed locally by Budweiser? but tastes great.  Other Asian beers are brewed overseas and the long journey here can make it a little skunky (especially bottles like Taiwan beer, yuck).  If you have no choice go for cans, at least it protects it from light.  Now if they can only ship beers in controlled temp settings over the Pacific....

Look what I found at Costco (the district)

09bfb6df.jpg

$26 and no CRV charged (error on their part) for a case of 24.  Boonts amber is one of my favorite beers, haven't tried the others, stout looks interesting.  Ok Costco I'll pay the extra $5 a year for this.

Costco has a beer survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q6ZVDLN?&cm_sp=InTheWarehouse-_-KSBeerWineSpirits-_-KSBeerSurvey

Please do not put Fruit beers as your fav.. i want more stouts and porters in the variety pack...

Do you only like beers or do you like other alcohol too?  Do some reviews on some other alcohol you may like too... Scotch reviews would be awesome!!  The JW Blue label is good and the price at Costco is great too :D

Beer primarily, not a big wine drinker, I'll leave the hard stuff for weddings that have a hosted bar...then any whiskey on the rocks... Dont have the budget for blue label, chivas or crown or Jameson is good enough for me..

ps99472 said:
Beer primarily, not a big wine drinker, I'll leave the hard stuff for weddings that have a hosted bar...then any whiskey on the rocks... Dont have the budget for blue label, chivas or crown or Jameson is good enough for me..

::)

Hey... I think I saw you there today but you were going the other way and I didn't feel like yelling "PS9!!!" like traceimage. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Hey... I think I saw you there today but you were going the other way and I didn't feel like yelling "PS9!!!" like traceimage. :)

This kind of brings up a topic in my mind.

If you guys are spotted in public by a TI friend, do you prefer to be addressed by your screen name, your real name - if known, or not approached.

I need to know if I'm supposed to shout: "EYE-HO-O-O!!" or your real name. I can not yell: "Irvine homeowner!" because all heads will turn.

Oddly, I've realized I respond just as easily to "SoCal" as I do my real name if not more.  :-\ Nobody uses my real name on a regular basis. My screen name is used much more frequently. How bizarre is that.

Back