Author Topic: Irvine listings STILL going pending amid COVID-19  (Read 5705 times)

Offline mhanism

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 2
Re: Irvine listings STILL going pending amid COVID-19
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2020, 11:24:39 AM »
We’re in Fremont Unified, with pretty good schools.

Yeah, it’s been a debate for us too, and with this whole COVID-19 situation, a very small part of us are rethinking our move or at least delaying it another year. As of now, we’re pushing back our moving timeline from June to September with the hope things improve in April, May.

I work for a Big 4 accounting firm, and I’d be able to travel and serve both the Valley and So Cal markets. Irvine is key with John Wayne being a close and easy airport. My wife is in finance and would be giving up the Mecca of finance jobs however...

Thank you! It's a KB Home, built in 2018. We put a lot into it ourselves - hardwood floors + rounded baseboards, paint, hardware, etc.

Reason for move is to get back to where we're from and be closer to family and friends down there. Also mood down in So Cal and OC is very different than what the Bay has become the past few years, that is much more balanced between work and personal life. The Bay has become all about the grind, which is fine, but gets tiresome after a while. Plus you can't beat So. Cal weather + beaches.
We live in Almaden Valley, and constantly toy with the idea of moving back, but for me would be career suicide in terms of taking me out of the highest paying job market in the country and away from the exec leadership team. No such issues for you?

What HS is your districted into?

Offline WTTCHMN

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 308
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »
Martin, time to glove up and put our mask on!  Real estate is now considered an “essential” industry exempt from stay at home.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/03/28/coronavirus-economy-california-real-estate-sales-now-deemed-essential-industry/

Offline Agent Joe

• New Home Realtor
  • Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 4
  • New Home Realtor
    • Joe & Judy Real Estate
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:50 PM »
How are the landlords handling the situations when looking for new tenant?

My tenant is not renewing lease because his job has been impacted with this crisis and he is going to move out of state. He has given me 30 days notice. The Realtor tells me that they cannot show homes to potential tenants until the current one moves out. Even with vacant property, I am told that the showings will be limited and advised to price aggressively. Alternatively, I have to plan to have the property stay vacant during these times. I am okay to lower my rent but if I can't find tenant for next 4-5 months it's gonna get difficult.

How are others handling this? We have mortgage payments to make on the rental, RE taxes, HOA etc and if market continues to be this way for next 4-5 months, will mortgage servicers give us the option to postpone payments since we don't have a tenant?

You can request forbearance with your bank now. It might take some time for the bank to approve your request. Besides pricing it competitively, make sure your agent takes great pictures and a "walkthrough" style video showing both outside and inside of the property. I'd upload it to YouTube and include a link in the property description.
Joseph Du
Cell: 949-393-0835
Email: joe@joenjudy.com
WeChat: MasterJoeJoe
CalDRE: 02066402
JC Pacific Capital

Specialized in new homes and residential real estate investing.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: NBA 19-20 by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 09:07:06 AM]

Re: coronavirus by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 08:55:15 AM]

Re: Stock picks by momopi
[Today at 08:30:39 AM]

Re: coronavirus by irvinehomeowner