Budget eats around Irvine area

momopi

With rising menu prices, here?s a challenge on where to find cheap eats around Irvine area (and close by cities).

Yes we all know Costco sells $1.50 hotdogs.  Preferably we?re looking for sit down dining, fast food OK.

The best things I?ve seen in budget eats for Irvine is the BOGO, from Retail Therapy apps sponsor by The Irvine CO, dinning and shops.

Not all retails and restaurants participate.

You can download the Retail Therapy apps for Mobil devices which is quite convenient rather clipping coupons and carry paper around, and less conspicuous.

momopi said:
With rising menu prices, here?s a challenge on where to find cheap eats around Irvine area (and closely cities).

Yes we all know Costco sells $1.50 hotdogs.  Preferably we?re looking for sit down dining, fast food OK.

BYOF bring your own food

New Del Taco chicken crunch burrito for $1 is pretty good.  Also Wendy?s 4 for $4 is decent.  Not too difficult to find cheap unhealthy options but hard to find cheap healthy options like poke bowl, steak with veggie, etc.

I use Retail Therapy a lot as well.  For the premium offers you can just sign in with a different GMail after you use them and you get a fresh set.

We?ve been going to Corner Bakery the last few weekends.  Sign up for their emails and they usually send coupons for $5.99 entrees when you buy 2 or more. 

With the kids, can get 4 full meals for $24 + tax.  Cheaper than fast food combos and we like their pastas/paninis/sandwiches.  Menu is a bit too narrow though so will probably not be eating here for a few weeks after 2-3 weekends in a row.

Cha for Tea in Woodbridge have the BOGO and the boba tea here tasted even better than Omomo teas. And there is a food menu unlike Omomo only seven teas and coffees.

Quite tasty options.

When did Carl's Jr and McD's combos go over $10?

Holy moley... makes BK's 5 for $4 a steal... although there is only one BK in Irvine now. Wendy's also has a 4 for $4.

If you can?t afford to eat in Irvine. Try instant noodles or frozen food. If not move to a cheaper cost of living area.

Just saying.....

Mety said:
Well, In-and-Out is cheaper than McD now so might as well, you know..

Is that healthy? Living off the value menu is not ideal. Yo  ;)

I guess the first option is cook at home.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

Umm... In and Out in my opinion is a lot healthier than McD.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Umm... In and Out in my opinion is a lot healthier than McD.

+1 In-n-out. All thought it never like that everytime I go. The line is long and the foods are fresh but you always have to wait. In-N-Stay. :)

Back