Author Topic: Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier  (Read 3924 times)

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 78
Re: Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »
Hoping the Corona virus panic will help me get a quick drink at Omomo or lunch at Ding Tai Fung this weekend. :)

Doubtful, DTF was still packed this past Sunday. 30min wait at 10:45am. There were still a ton of people at Irvine Costco, SCP, Trade Joes and elsewhere this past weekend.

Offline irvinehomeshopper

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 531
  • -Received: 982
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
In my initial post, I posted what my friend wrote to me in Chinese. I posted it exactly. The Chinese text did mention ”mother” in Chinese. In Woodbridge, the neighbors are saying the same as well. What I posted was her text and not something I plagiarized from the Chinese internet.

The sex of the patient is irrelevant. The virus does not discriminate whether the carrier is a man or a woman. The importance is the subject resides in Woodbridge, he shopped and dined in Irvine and the daughter is among the IVC population.
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 172
  • -Received: 193
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2020, 04:36:18 PM »
In my initial post, I posted what my friend wrote to me in Chinese. I posted it exactly. The Chinese text did mention ”mother” in Chinese. In Woodbridge, the neighbors are saying the same as well. What I posted was her text and not something I plagiarized from the Chinese internet.

The sex of the patient is irrelevant. The virus does not discriminate whether the carrier is a man or a woman. The importance is the subject resides in Woodbridge, he shopped and dined in Irvine and the daughter is among the IVC population.

That’s only half of your original post. The other half is about Irvine lying/hiding facts. Was it true? If not, then that should also be addressed.

• Thanks
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
Hoping the Corona virus panic will help me get a quick drink at Omomo or lunch at Ding Tai Fung this weekend. :)

Doubtful, DTF was still packed this past Sunday. 30min wait at 10:45am. There were still a ton of people at Irvine Costco, SCP, Trade Joes and elsewhere this past weekend.

I do take out if the bar is busy. Once I got my take out usually in 15min. I sat right down on the bench among others still waiting and I start eating.
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

• Thanks
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »
[quote auto=Mety link=topic=17198.msg357998#msg357998 date=1580258178]

That’s only half of your original post. The other half is about Irvine lying/hiding facts. Was it true? If not, then that should also be addressed.
[/quote]

So far have you seen any statement from Irvine to warn the public? The subject is a resident of Woodbridge. His daughter is a student of IVC. He dined at a restaurant at Diamond Jamboree, and shopped at the 99 Ranch Market. These are crowded places and so is the campus of IVC. The city has a responsibility to warn the public. Have I not posted none of you would have any clue this is happening to your own backyard.

Even the District Costco notified the employees to take precautions. Most Chinese Customers are wearing a mask.

During Lunar New Year, the Chinese Restaurants are packed and super crowded. Who knows during this time what could have happened. It's too late. This is irresponsible. The infected patient in Washington state the agency disclosed the city where the patient was treated. Here is OC is vague and silent
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:51:33 PM by irvinehomeshopper »

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 09:03:35 PM »
@IHS,
I see your concern and also thank you for giving us warnings. The issue here isn’t your genuineness. It’s the information no one knows what is true. What if that whole story of a Woodbridge resident with a daughter at IVC is a made up story? There is a good potential that is the fake news whereas that OC man in his 50s is the true story. Maybe there isn’t a single person with this corona virus in Irvine. I personally don’t know what is true yet. You seem to be very firm with your position, but just saying your source could be in the wrong. Although I’m with you hoping no one gets this virus in this city or nearby.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2257
  • -Received: 3644
  • 3CWG
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2020, 11:19:00 PM »
Re-watching "Contagion" - A great sci-fi film that has evidently has become more of a documentary of sorts.

This is the prequel to “Train To Busan”:

“Plane From Wuhan”

:)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

• Thanks
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 12:34:14 AM »

I never said City of Irvine is lying. Lying meant City of Irvine denied the fact the patient’s residence is not in Irvine.

Read the title of this thread.

I will use my logic here. A Chinese is wealthy enough to travel to Wuhan and living in OC. Possibly someone with a strong mainlander tie? Well which OC City has the highest population of Mainlanders?

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 08:22:30 AM »

I never said City of Irvine is lying. Lying meant City of Irvine denied the fact the patient’s residence is not in Irvine.

Read the title of this thread.

I will use my logic here. A Chinese is wealthy enough to travel to Wuhan and living in OC. Possibly someone with a strong mainlander tie? Well which OC City has the highest population of Mainlanders?

I’ve already posted about this above. I feel your pain. But you still seem to be posting based on assumptions. Irvine does have many Chinese, but it still doesn’t mean it has a corona virus patient.

About lying, that’s why I also wrote “/hiding.” Both are in the same context, but if the word lying bothers you then I’ll YF it and delete the post to either “.” Or “*”  :D. In all seriousness, I believe your post gave us good warnings for us to stay safe. But it doesn’t mean what you wrote or that Chinese texts you got is the legitimate source.

Edit/added: Let me ask you. What is the purpose of this thread? Is it to announce how the city of Irvine is corrupted or is it to warn everyone to stay safe?

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 701
  • -Received: 398
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
Re-watching "Contagion" - A great sci-fi film that has evidently has become more of a documentary of sorts.
This is the prequel to “Train To Busan”:
“Plane From Wuhan”
:)

Train to Busan (2016) was a big financial success.  But when they tried to replicate the success with Chang Gwol (Rampant) in 2018 it bombed.

Kingdom (2019) was made possible with Netflix funding.  Fortunately it was at least a success, unlike Arthdal Chronicles.

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 406
  • -Received: 354
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2020, 09:15:10 AM »
Everyone, please stop spreading rumors and fake news about the virus. The IVC rumor is totally fake Chinese social media hysteria:

http://marketing.ivc.edu/news/archive/2020/01/27/coronavirus-information-and-health-guidelines.aspx

On Monday, January 27, following unverified social media posts claiming the person infected with the virus was the parent of an Irvine Valley College (IVC) student, OCHCA informed college administration that there has been no evidence of person-to-person transmission of the virus in Orange County​.
Additionally, OCHCA officials stated that had there been any link of exposure to IVC students or staff, college officials would have been notified directly by the CDC and OCHCA. To date, no such notification has been made as no credible “close contact” link exists to any IVC student or staff member.

The reason mainland China people think the govt is hiding something is because that's how the Communist Party operates in their homeland. Mainland Chinese do not understand that in the US, the CDC and health authorities tell the truth. Don't act like a Mainlander. Don't panic. Don't spread rumors.

[quote auto=Mety link=topic=17198.msg357998#msg357998 date=1580258178]

So far have you seen any statement from Irvine to warn the public? The subject is a resident of Woodbridge. His daughter is a student of IVC. He dined at a restaurant at Diamond Jamboree, and shopped at the 99 Ranch Market. These are crowded places and so is the campus of IVC. The city has a responsibility to warn the public. Have I not posted none of you would have any clue this is happening to your own backyard.

Even the District Costco notified the employees to take precautions. Most Chinese Customers are wearing a mask.

During Lunar New Year, the Chinese Restaurants are packed and super crowded. Who knows during this time what could have happened. It's too late. This is irresponsible. The infected patient in Washington state the agency disclosed the city where the patient was treated. Here is OC is vague and silent
[/quote]

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 69
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2020, 09:28:43 AM »
I thought IHS lived in NY....
You moved back?

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »
I thought IHS lived in NY....
You moved back?

The sad thing is I know more being on the opposite side of coast.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »
Everyone, please stop spreading rumors and fake news about the virus. The IVC rumor is totally fake Chinese social media hysteria:

http://marketing.ivc.edu/news/archive/2020/01/27/coronavirus-information-and-health-guidelines.aspx

On Monday, January 27, following unverified social media posts claiming the person infected with the virus was the parent of an Irvine Valley College (IVC) student, OCHCA informed college administration that there has been no evidence of person-to-person transmission of the virus in Orange County​.
Additionally, OCHCA officials stated that had there been any link of exposure to IVC students or staff, college officials would have been notified directly by the CDC and OCHCA. To date, no such notification has been made as no credible “close contact” link exists to any IVC student or staff member.

The reason mainland China people think the govt is hiding something is because that's how the Communist Party operates in their homeland. Mainland Chinese do not understand that in the US, the CDC and health authorities tell the truth. Don't act like a Mainlander. Don't panic. Don't spread rumors.

'Tis the time when the fake news prevail. Everyone is still exposed to the truth. Only a few will accept...

I kind of knew it was fake when they specifically named places like DJ, South Coast Plaza, IVC, Woodbridge, and etc.

Whoever created this fake news failed to know the majority of Chinese people reside in Eastwood Village ;D.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2020, 10:27:17 AM »
So are we safe to say this was FAKE NEWS?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Traditional IRA to Roth IRA by zubs
[Today at 09:12:36 AM]

Re: Masks? by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 09:07:48 AM]

Re: When/where/how did I receive a grant deed? by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 08:56:08 AM]