Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 711045 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2782
  • -Received: 4105
  • 3CWG
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #6030 on: July 18, 2022, 01:54:35 PM »
Indoor mask mandates may have to go back into effect in LA County... be careful out there.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
« Reply #6031 on: July 18, 2022, 02:13:21 PM »
I got the bug (likely BA.5) this past weekend.

Friday: woke up with an itchy throat but felt fine otherwise. Went to Irvine Spectrum in the afternoon, felt bad lower back pain, and was really winded walking around. I got home and had a fever of 100.7. Took an at-home test and it was negative.
Saturday: Woke up with a headache and still had a fever of around 100. Took another test and was negative.
Sunday: Felt a little better but had congestion and a noticeable change in my voice. Took another test and it returned positive - with a bright red line almost immediately.

Today, the fever has seemed to have gone away but I still have congestion and headache. I've been taking some cough syrup and decongestant at night and I think that has made my symptoms milder. I have 2 doses of Moderna and got boosted in January. Tracing back the last few days - high likelihood I got it at Costco or at a baseball game (outdoor - but packed).

Seems like the way I caught it back in May, when the mask mandate was dropped. Several people in my group had lunch together on a Monday. One person probably caught it during the weekend and passed it to the others. One person in that lunch group is my cube neighbor. He wasn't infected, but probably passed it to me. I was still wearing mask when I left my cube but took it off when I sat down in the cube.

So the Monday, I had 100.6 fever when I got home. Took rapid test kit and it was negative. I took Advil and fever went away 4 hours later before I went to bed.
Tuesday morning I felt perfectly fine and took rapid test kit again and it came back negative again. Even with mask mandate dropped, our company still required negative results on rapid test kit twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday). So I went to the office. I had fever again (100.5) and slight headache when I was driving home. This time, fever didn't go away when I went to sleep. Was still 99.8.
Wednesday morning, I still had fever (99.2) and took rapid test kit again. This time it came back positive.
Thursday, still had fever and now I was getting throat ache as well.
Fever went away on Friday, but my throat was aching for a few days. Also had congestion for a few days and very slight headache for a day or two.

All in all, the symptoms were mild. I had my two Pfizer does in April/May and Pfizer booster in December.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
« Reply #6032 on: July 18, 2022, 02:16:13 PM »
Indoor mask mandates may have to go back into effect in LA County... be careful out there.

We've been getting COVID infection email every day last week. That hasn't happened since the peak. This is after the mask mandate went back into effect after we had that sudden increase back in May.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 229
  • -Received: 285
« Reply #6033 on: July 26, 2022, 02:04:32 PM »
Almost everyone seems to have had this virus at one point. If not, they're not surprised to get it any time soon and get over with.

Online morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 602
« Reply #6034 on: July 26, 2022, 03:56:33 PM »
Almost everyone seems to have had this virus at one point. If not, they're not surprised to get it any time soon and get over with.
Like we did….sweet, sweet natural immunity. ;D ;D >:D

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #6035 on: July 26, 2022, 07:15:19 PM »
Not to BA4 or BA5.

Chance of reinfection high even with previous "natural" immunity.
I recommend:

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #6036 on: August 01, 2022, 11:02:23 AM »
Sweet sweet natural immunity….he now admits it

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci on Monday said health officials knew during the COVID-19 pandemic that contracting the disease ultimately offered a degree of natural immunity to it.

“We were always aware that if you get infected, you have a degree of protection against reinfection,” he told reporters

Critics of Fauci’s push for nationwide vaccinations long argued that natural immunity offered protection against the virus and thus individuals who contracted COVID-19 didn’t need to opt for one of the nation’s authorized vaccines.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/health/fauci-claims-health-officials-were-always-aware-natural-immunity-covid-19

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #6037 on: August 01, 2022, 12:44:36 PM »
Who ever doubted you got a degree of protection?

But you keep implying that covid-induced immunity was is better than vaccinations despite the fact that reinfection is possible regardless.

This is just a tabloid post without any substance.
I recommend:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2944
  • -Received: 2297
« Reply #6038 on: August 01, 2022, 10:28:09 PM »
Over a dozen folks (friends/clients) that I know got Covid in the past month but all of them had very mild symptoms and were totally fine in a few days.  Described it as basically a head cold.  Even though it is more contagious it seems like the newer variants are not as lethal (maybe there is a trade-off between being more contagious and less lethal). 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Online nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 156
  • -Received: 583
« Reply #6039 on: August 01, 2022, 10:40:14 PM »
Over a dozen folks (friends/clients) that I know got Covid in the past month but all of them had very mild symptoms and were totally fine in a few days.  Described it as basically a head cold.  Even though it is more contagious it seems like the newer variants are not as lethal (maybe there is a trade-off between being more contagious and less lethal). 

Ours was more like two days of sinus infection with mono.

That said, while we are fine it’s killing somebody at 4x the rate of peak flu in June and July.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 818
  • -Received: 530
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #6040 on: August 02, 2022, 03:00:54 PM »

Ours was more like two days of sinus infection with mono.

That said, while we are fine it’s killing somebody at 4x the rate of peak flu in June and July.

People that died from covid itself, or that happened to have covid when they died from something else?

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #6041 on: August 05, 2022, 11:26:49 AM »
I think Akula1488 and Mety were screaming this for the last few years….turns out…they were right….

CDC Claims Link Between Heart Inflammation and COVID-19 Vaccines Wasn’t Known for Most of 2021

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has claimed that there was no known association between heart inflammation and COVID-19 vaccines as late as October 2021.

CDC officials made the claim, which is false, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request for reports from a CDC team that is focused on analyzing the risk of post-vaccination myocarditis and pericarditis, two forms of heart inflammation. Both began to be detected at higher-than-expected rates after COVID-19 vaccination in the spring of 2021.

The team focuses on studying data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), a passive surveillance system co-run by the CDC and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The date range for the search was April 2, 2021, to Oct. 2, 2021.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/exclusive-cdc-claims-link-between-heart-inflammation-and-covid-19-vaccines-wasnt-known-for-most-of-2021_4638716.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily

Offline akula1488

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 26
  • -Received: 43
« Reply #6042 on: August 05, 2022, 06:37:09 PM »
While Epoch times is considered right wing, they actually have anti communist China orgins...if they publish this kind of articles that goes against the agenda pushed by the US government, what does that tell you about our governments true intentions and their allegience?

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 468
  • -Received: 717
« Reply #6043 on: August 05, 2022, 07:44:51 PM »
COVID-19 can affect the heart

COVID-19 has a spectrum of potential heart manifestations with diverse mechanisms

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abe2813

Online nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 156
  • -Received: 583
« Reply #6044 on: August 07, 2022, 07:39:25 AM »

The heart thing has been addressed many times.  The vaccine poses a risk, the virus, even in the young, poses a much higher risk.

The operative question now is how much risk does Omi-5 pose to vaxxed, unvaxxed, etc.

For long covid, seems like they're saying 1 in 8 will get long covid symptoms regardless of severity of initial infection.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Colleges Weigh New Admissions Strategies by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:44:35 AM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:40:40 AM]

Re: coronavirus by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:21:14 AM]

Re: coronavirus by akula1488