Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 671454 times)

Offline Liar Loan

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 812
  • -Received: 521
  • Don't fight the Fed.
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #5055 on: December 03, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/omicron-covid-19-variant-case-identified-minnesota-2021-12-02/

"California, Colorado and Minnesota have found cases of the coronavirus variant among patients who were fully vaccinated and developed mild symptoms, while Hawaii reported a case with an unvaccinated person, who had moderate symptoms."

Sample size is small, but it shows that it helps to be vaccinated.

This is misinformation on your part.  First of all, one case is not a sample, it's the entire population.  Secondly, it's not statistically valid for determining anything. 

The science may eventually back up your assertion about omicron, but right now you are trying to twist a handful of data points to show what you want them to show.

Normally, I wouldn't care - people post bogus stats on this forum all the time (esp. about real estate) - but you have positioned yourself as the anti-misinformation police, so you need to hold yourself to a higher standard or the forum vigilantes will come after you.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #5056 on: December 03, 2021, 01:37:11 PM »
What happened to the 99 problems anti vac guy?

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 37
  • -Received: 137
« Reply #5057 on: December 03, 2021, 01:39:23 PM »
So moretroll gonna troll.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #5058 on: December 03, 2021, 01:48:15 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/omicron-covid-19-variant-case-identified-minnesota-2021-12-02/

"California, Colorado and Minnesota have found cases of the coronavirus variant among patients who were fully vaccinated and developed mild symptoms, while Hawaii reported a case with an unvaccinated person, who had moderate symptoms."

This is misinformation on your part.  First of all, one case is not a sample, it's the entire population.  Secondly, it's not statistically valid for determining anything. 

The science may eventually back up your assertion about omicron, but right now you are trying to twist a handful of data points to show what you want them to show.

Normally, I wouldn't care - people post bogus stats on this forum all the time (esp. about real estate) - but you have positioned yourself as the anti-misinformation police, so you need to hold yourself to a higher standard or the forum vigilantes will come after you.

That's not misinformation. Misinformation is using misleading statistics. I'm not using misleading statistics. A few cases is what we call small sample size. And it's not one case. It's a few cases.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 812
  • -Received: 521
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #5059 on: December 03, 2021, 02:02:09 PM »

That's not misinformation. Misinformation is using misleading statistics. I'm not using misleading statistics. A few cases is what we call small sample size. And it's not one case. It's a few cases.

You don't seem to grasp the difference between a population and a sample.  A case count of four is not a enough to draw the conclusions that you did.  When you said "it shows that it helps to be vaccinated" that is misinformation akin to anything Fox News would run with.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 660
  • -Received: 594
« Reply #5060 on: December 03, 2021, 02:37:09 PM »
The WHO is spreading misinformation, “morons”…they must watch Fox News….

A top World Health Organization (WHO) official said there is “no evidence” to suggest that CCP virus booster doses would offer “greater protection” to healthy people.

Dr. Mike Ryan, the WHO’s emergency director, questioned the logic of some countries trying to produce more booster doses to vaccinate anyone aged 18 and older.

“Right now, there is no evidence that I’m aware of that would suggest that boosting the entire population is going to necessarily provide any greater protection for otherwise healthy individuals against hospitalization and death,” Ryan said.

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/covid-19-virtual-press-conference-transcript---1-december-2021

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #5061 on: December 03, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »
You don't seem to grasp the difference between a population and a sample.  A case count of four is not a enough to draw the conclusions that you did.  When you said "it shows that it helps to be vaccinated" that is misinformation akin to anything Fox News would run with.

I wasn't trying draw conclusions from these cases that vaccination helps because you and I already know that it's been proven by the Delta surge. These cases just show that it helps. Still.

To refresh your memory, back in July-September, when there was a surge in COVID cases, more than 95% of the hospitalized COVID patients were unvaccinated. And this happened across the US, from states like Alabama where only 30% of the eligible population was vaccinated to states like California where 65% of the eligible population was vaccinated.

Offline akula1488

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 26
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #5062 on: December 03, 2021, 04:55:41 PM »
Lol morons at WHO said this. Let's see how far leftist calbear spin this one. Basically anything that doesn't fit his narrative, it must be misinformation by those white supremacists. If it comes from scientific journal or reputable organization like WHO, he just stays silent and make personal attacks.

The WHO is spreading misinformation, “morons”…they must watch Fox News….

A top World Health Organization (WHO) official said there is “no evidence” to suggest that CCP virus booster doses would offer “greater protection” to healthy people.

Dr. Mike Ryan, the WHO’s emergency director, questioned the logic of some countries trying to produce more booster doses to vaccinate anyone aged 18 and older.

“Right now, there is no evidence that I’m aware of that would suggest that boosting the entire population is going to necessarily provide any greater protection for otherwise healthy individuals against hospitalization and death,” Ryan said.

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/covid-19-virtual-press-conference-transcript---1-december-2021

Offline akula1488

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #5063 on: December 03, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »
Over 1200 vaccine related deaths in the first 90 days of Pfizer vaccine roll out? I don't have time to check in details  but there are links to the government website to see these documents from Pfizer. If the source is indeed from FDA and Pfizer, can this still be misinformation? I guess FDA and Pfizer also have morons...

https://techstartups.com/2021/12/02/1200-vaccine-deaths-reported-within-first-90-days-pfizer-vaccine-rollout-according-first-batch-pfizers-confidential-documents-released-fda-following-foia-laws/

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #5064 on: December 03, 2021, 05:16:29 PM »
Why is the CEO of Fox News vaccinated? The disinformation coming from her network is another story.
People will be shocked to find out that she is vaccinated.
As I have always said, as long as the 1% elite is healthy then then they can care less about the plebs. gg

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 152
  • -Received: 577
« Reply #5065 on: December 03, 2021, 07:06:14 PM »
Wow, the vaccine is kicking ass!

Yep, kicking ass!  You see England has 81% of the over 12 crowd fully vaccinated.  If they only are accounting for 55% of cases.  That means the 19% unvaxxed are accounting for 45% or again almost 3.5X the per capita cases of vaxxed.

How is the vaccine and booster rollout going?
So far, more than 51 million people have had a first vaccine dose - some 89% of over-12s. More than 46 million - 81% of over-12s - have had both doses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833

Don't come out of your caves just yet...Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!!! Virus Gotta Virus

Majority of England's Omicron cases ARE double-vaccinated: Health chiefs reveal 55% of those with Covid super-strain had both jabs amid fears it can dodge shots - as UK daily cases creep up
Data on confirmed Covid cases in England show how the Omicron variant is already taking hold in the country
Proportion of confirmed positive tests that didn't detect the spike protein increased from 0.1% to 0.3%
One scientist said it equates around 60 more cases with hallmark than usual, suggesting Omicron infections
Comes as R rate spirals from less than one to 3.5 in South Africa's Omicron epicentre Gauteng province
Lead UK epidemiologist says Omicron infections likely appear mild because of immunity from past infections
WHO officials suggested on Thursday that Covid cases were milder in those who caught the Omicron strain
Information released today revealed SAGE have suggested work from home guidance and vaccine passports
Documents revealed cases could surge to 'similar or even larger' than previous waves

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10271463/First-sign-Omicon-spreading-Britain-Chart-shows-uptick-CASES-super-variant-hallmarks.html

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:35:24 PM by nosuchreality »

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #5066 on: December 03, 2021, 07:23:32 PM »

Yep, kicking ass!  You see England has 81% of the over 12 crowd fully vaccinated.  If they only are accounting for 55% of cases.  That means the 19% unvaxxed are accounting for 45% or again almost 3.5X the per capita cases if vaxxed.

But according to akula, that's not how you calculate cases per capita. According to him, it's 55% vaccinated cases and 45% unvaccinated cases, regardless of how many are vaccinated and how many are unvaccinated. Far right wingers are funny.

Offline freedomcm

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 527
  • -Received: 107
« Reply #5067 on: December 04, 2021, 07:14:33 AM »
I can't believe that I'm partially agreeing with the purple poster...at least about letting them cull themselves.

The problem is that they still want to use up the hospital resources once they are ill, jeopardizing the rest of us if we happen to get in a car accident or have a health emergency.  And of course they also serve as a reservoir to select more infectious mutations...

If only the refuseniks would just stay home when they get sick.

They can never answer why the top Republicans are vaccinated.
(Some of the responses on youtube chat that people are lying that the top Republicans have been vaccinated) Sorry it is a complete joke.

Even on talk irvine there are people that got vaccinated but talking chit about vaccinations. It does not make sense.
They say freedom, but how about are freedom to live a normal life. (like Howard Stern said)

..Because they chose to be...you guys keep getting mixed up on choice vs mandates.  Could care less who is vaccinated.  You should be happy to let the "moronic" unvaccinated cull themselves out.  If you choose to be vaccinated, great.  Don't force those who do not want the jab to consent..they won't. And don't say it keeps you safer...vaccinated carry the same viral loads and can infect just as many as the un-vaccinated.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #5068 on: December 04, 2021, 11:50:55 AM »
I can't believe that I'm partially agreeing with the purple poster...at least about letting them cull themselves.

The problem is that they still want to use up the hospital resources once they are ill, jeopardizing the rest of us if we happen to get in a car accident or have a health emergency.  And of course they also serve as a reservoir to select more infectious mutations...

If only the refuseniks would just stay home when they get sick.

And that's the problem. They don't trust doctors when it comes to the vaccine, but they run to the hospital right away and take up hospital resources when they contract COVID.

Offline akula1488

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #5069 on: December 04, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »
I am a moderate with critical thinking skills. I am not anti vaccine but anti mandate and I just want people to know vaccine is not as safe as they claim to be so people need to make the risk and reward analysis.

Yes in this case vaccine gives you 3.5X protection than unvaccined against COVID variant infection, but guess what, the unvaccinated do not have to worry about vaccine injuries and long term health effects.

People are starting to wake up as there is unusually high number of soccer players collapsing on the field due to heart issues since 2020  and media is coming up with this for the general public:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/post-pandemic-stress-disorder-heart-conditions-covid-london-physicians-b969436.html

I hope you have good health and hopefully you can sleep better at night and comfortable knowing the risk you took

Yep, kicking ass!  You see England has 81% of the over 12 crowd fully vaccinated.  If they only are accounting for 55% of cases.  That means the 19% unvaxxed are accounting for 45% or again almost 3.5X the per capita cases if vaxxed.

But according to akula, that's not how you calculate cases per capita. According to him, it's 55% vaccinated cases and 45% unvaccinated cases, regardless of how many are vaccinated and how many are unvaccinated. Far right wingers are funny.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal