Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 486467 times)

eyephone and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline nosuchreality

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 151
  • -Received: 555
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #4875 on: November 19, 2021, 07:36:28 AM »
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czechia, even Sweden.  January and February may be interesting times again. 

STOCKHOLM — Sweden’s chief epidemiologist said on Thursday that his country’s recently announced vaccine mandate for larger indoor events could well prove insufficient in slowing the spread of coronavirus and flagged that further measures may soon be needed.

In Sweden, where virus rates remain below those of neighboring states including Denmark and Norway, concerns are rising about a looming fourth wave. There are currently no restrictions on gatherings and no mask mandate, but on Wednesday the government said that, from December 1, only those who can prove full vaccination may attend indoor events for more than 100 people.

https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-anders-tegnell-health-coronavirus/

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #4876 on: November 19, 2021, 11:38:47 AM »
Yeah, we're heading into flu season. Hopefully, everyone is eligible for the booster shot soon. Otherwise, it could be bad.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 497
  • -Received: 779
« Reply #4877 on: November 19, 2021, 11:49:09 AM »
Yeah, we're heading into flu season. Hopefully, everyone is eligible for the booster shot soon. Otherwise, it could be bad.

The American way, dont think first and deal with the consequence.
We all heard it before: I never knew it was this bad, I thought it was made up by the media, my immune system SHOULD be able to fight it, masks are for weak people

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:56:19 AM by eyephone »

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 126
« Reply #4878 on: November 19, 2021, 03:33:43 PM »

Boosters should be open to everyone now as long as it's 6 months after your last shot.

Offline akula1488

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 23
  • -Received: 31
« Reply #4879 on: November 20, 2021, 06:48:18 AM »

Offline PSForever

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 38
  • -Received: 15
« Reply #4880 on: November 21, 2021, 10:18:22 AM »
"Officials are trying to understand why some of LA's highest coronavirus case rates are currently in communities with high vaccination rates."
https://patch.com/california/los-angeles/mystery-emerges-among-covid-19-patterns-los-angeles-county

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #4881 on: November 21, 2021, 01:41:28 PM »
"Officials are trying to understand why some of LA's highest coronavirus case rates are currently in communities with high vaccination rates."
https://patch.com/california/los-angeles/mystery-emerges-among-covid-19-patterns-los-angeles-county

So you and akula are moretroll's disciples? Posting misinformation with misleading headlines?

"The top two communities on the list with the highest new case rates -- Lancaster and Palmdale -- have below-average rates of fully vaccinated residents, at 58% and 66%, respectively. But Studio City, with the third- highest new case rate, has a 79% vaccination rate, and Santa Clarita, placing fourth on the list, has a 75% vaccine rate."

Basically, the article proves nothing. First of all, the top 2 on the list have below average vaccination rate. Secondly, the article doesn't say anything about if the people catching COVID are vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
Howard Stern Hits Unvaxxed Aaron Rodgers With Brutal Question About His Toe
« Reply #4882 on: November 25, 2021, 11:13:10 AM »
Howard Stern Hits Unvaxxed Aaron Rodgers With Brutal Question About His Toe Injury

“Now I hear he has a toe injury. Let me ask you something: When he had the toe injury, did he go to the doctor or did he go to Joe Rogan?” asked Stern, referencing Rodgers’ admission that he’d sought advice from the podcast host who himself has courted controversial, misleading and selfish opinions on the shots.

“Who fixed his toe?” said Stern. “I bet you he went to a doctor. So he goes to doctors for everything else, but on the vaccine he’s listening to Joe Rogan. What the fuck is going on? We’ve got to put our faith in science.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/howard-stern-aaron-rodgers-covid-19-vaccine_n_619c960fe4b044a1cc0c0f2f

Offline akula1488

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4883 on: November 25, 2021, 06:33:05 PM »
Here comes the Nu variant, let's triple jab! wear triple mask!

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/25/1059272133/new-covid-19-variant-in-south-africa-raises-concern

Online eyephone

• Thanks
Howard Stern Says Anti-Vaxxers Should Be Denied Hospital Care Once Infected
« Reply #4884 on: November 25, 2021, 08:19:06 PM »
Hollywood Reporter: Howard Stern Says Anti-Vaxxers Should Be Denied Hospital Care Once Infected

Howard Stern was still trending on social media Thursday for comments he made earlier in the week about some people who died of COVID-19 and others who refuse to take a vaccine.

On his SiriusXM program Tuesday, the shock jock railed against anti-vaxxers while also mocking a number of conservative radio hosts who fanned the flames for vaccine doubters, only to then die of the virus themselves.

Referring to those anti-vaxxers who say the decision about whether or not to get the shot is tied to their personal freedom, Stern said, “Fuck them. Fuck their freedom. I want my freedom to live. I want to get out of the house. I want to go next door and play chess. I want to go take some pictures. This is bullshit. As I remember, when I went to school, you had to get a measles vaccine. You had to get a mumps vaccine.”

Added the 67-year-old radio personality, “The other thing I hate is that all these people with COVID who won’t get vaccinated are in the hospitals clogging it up.”

Amid his rant, Stern also mocked those who used their large platforms to push back against the vaccines.

“It’s really funny when these radio — the radio guys are the best, they’re like four of them died — four of them were like ranting on the air. They will not get vaccinated,” Stern said amid laughter. “They were on fire, these guys. It was like day after day, they were all dying and then their dying words are, ‘I wish I had been more into the vaccine. I wish I had taken it.'”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/howard-stern-covid-anti-vaxxers-denied-care-1235010383/

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #4885 on: November 25, 2021, 09:05:01 PM »
It's funny how these anti-vaxxers say they don't trust doctors and scientists when it comes to COVID vaccine but they go to hospital and seek doctor treatment when they catch COVID. So, do you trust doctors or not?

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #4886 on: November 25, 2021, 09:17:06 PM »
It's funny how these anti-vaxxers say they don't trust doctors and scientists when it comes to COVID vaccine but they go to hospital and seek doctor treatment when they catch COVID. So, do you trust doctors or not?

1. Yes, I agree with you.
2. Who knows of the anti vaxers will get the required vaccines (besides covid vaccinations) going forward. (Another future problem)
3. Do they wash their hands after they use the bathroom? (Freedom)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2667
  • -Received: 4020
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4887 on: November 26, 2021, 09:43:25 AM »
morekaos always likes to post about how the high vaccine rate and lockdowns in Israel doesn't help them very much... but there is this:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/24/health/israel-covid-booster-lessons-intl-cmd/index.html

Jerusalem (CNN)When it comes to Covid-19, it seems where Israel leads, the rest of the world follows. For almost a year, the country has offered other nations a glimpse into the pandemic's future.

Israel has been at the forefront of vaccination rollouts for adults and teenagers, pioneered a vaccine passport and, in recent months, has spearheaded the use of booster shots.

At the end of July, the country began offering boosters to those over the age of 60; since late August, boosters have been available to anyone over the age of 16, five months after their second dose of the vaccine.

Now, a person is not considered fully vaccinated in Israel until they have received a third dose of the vaccine, once they are eligible for it.

More than three months on, Israeli health officials say the data is clear: Booster shots helped bring down the fourth wave of the virus that swept the country in August and September.

But that still doesn't mean we can just safe practices outside of vacccinations:

But even with a highly vaccinated population, health experts say it is vital that anti-Covid measures stay in place, especially during winter, as activities move indoors.
Nachman Ash, director general of Israel's Public Health Ministry, told Israel's Channel 13 part of the reason for the uptick in cases is people not adhering to rules like mask-wearing.

"The enforcement is not sufficient," Ash said. "And I see the public is becoming relaxed as time passes and the infection rate goes down, so people are less careful. Therefore yes, we have to increase the enforcement."

Balicer warned that ignoring the waning immunity of those who have had two doses of the vaccine "may, in fact, put people at risk with false reassurance."

"There is no single magic bullet that would suffice to assure surge prevention, especially in winter time," Balicer said. "It is a combination of measures: Indoor masks, population behavior, indoor event restrictions and green certificates, and an effective booster campaign.

So yes akula... triple vax and triple mask. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Online morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 595
  • -Received: 530
« Reply #4888 on: November 26, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
No one in my family will get stuck with anything more. We all done, vaxed and unvaxed.

Offline akula1488

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4889 on: November 26, 2021, 08:27:45 PM »
The year is 2030, far leftists like eyephone and calbears are on their 26th booster while majority of Americans are back to normal life for several years

No one in my family will get stuck with anything more. We all done, vaxed and unvaxed.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Today at 10:48:30 PM]

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 10:45:26 PM]

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Today at 10:39:29 PM]

Re: coronavirus by eyephone