Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 529796 times)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1080
  • -Received: 1241
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #4650 on: October 25, 2021, 07:04:51 PM »
I got my booster on Friday - Moderna (1/2 dose) and Pfizer (Doses 1 and 2). Like the Flu vaccine, nothing is absolutely going to work every single time it's administered. Getting re-vaccinated was more of a preventative issue for me, my friends, and my community. I've got plenty of vaxxed and unvaxxed friends and family who have gotten a positive COVID-19 test all the way through to being on a ventilator. Thankfully, unlike others on this board, I've not had anyone pass from this. To those that have, yes, it's a tough go.

None of these vaccines - Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, Sputnik-5, Sinovac - plus all the rest down the line to come will never be 100% certain of either prevention or reduction of the spread of COVID-19. Once you can accept this as plain fact what remains is choice - do you or don't you get vaxxed? I'd rather leave this up to the individual rather than The State.

But... but... schools require vaccination for all sorts of things! So there!! Yeah, OK, but those vaccines are well researched, have decades of reliability, and are considered safe. These new ones need more time and study before we really know what's going on with them. I made the risk decision myself, knowing also that Moderna has significant probability to make heart issues worse. Also if you don't want to vax there is private and homeschooling.  Oh..but... but... motorcycle helmets and seatbelts..  Yeah, OK. We have to comply - or of course face a fine, not unemployment, jail, or financial ruin.

If one wants to argue for State mandated vaccinations one needs a better starting point.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:22:36 PM by Soylent Green Is People »
My .02c

SGIP

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 498
  • -Received: 782
« Reply #4651 on: October 25, 2021, 07:47:30 PM »
For entertainment purposes only:
Do you drive without a seat belt? before it was legal to drive without one
Do you smoke in offices, bars, and restaurants? before it was legal to smoke freely
Free for all (video game terminology) Forget vaccines? Bring back polio.. idk

The the anti-vax people want people to get covid for natural immunity. But so far around 5 million people died of covid world wide. (natural immunity did not work for them)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:53:39 PM by eyephone »

Offline akula1488

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 25
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #4652 on: October 25, 2021, 08:14:47 PM »
Sear belt is bad analogy. There is not much side effects regarding seat belt? At the end, it is all about risk tolerance.
It also goes without saying the death count due to Covid has been exaggerated (For British, death within 28  days after positive test for any cause count) and vaccine side effects have been downplayed. CNN even says vaccinated makes you healthier for other diseases. Only liberals will buy that non sense.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 605
  • -Received: 536
« Reply #4653 on: October 25, 2021, 08:28:09 PM »
We are all going to get this, sooner or later. I’m just glad we got it over with. Listen to Shaq…have fun!

You've got some of the most idiotic takes.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #4654 on: October 25, 2021, 08:54:10 PM »
Sear belt is bad analogy. There is not much side effects regarding seat belt? At the end, it is all about risk tolerance.
It also goes without saying the death count due to Covid has been exaggerated (For British, death within 28  days after positive test for any cause count) and vaccine side effects have been downplayed. CNN even says vaccinated makes you healthier for other diseases. Only liberals will buy that non sense.

And your natural immunity idea is bs. Tell that to 5 million people that died.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #4655 on: October 25, 2021, 08:58:34 PM »
Free for all, but if you die. Dont blame me?

(For entertainment purposes only. Please consult your insurance for covid relates medical fees have changed) ;)

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 55
« Reply #4656 on: October 25, 2021, 09:19:41 PM »
You're right that seat belt is bad analogy. Why? Because if you don't wear seat belt, you're the only one at risk. But if you're unvaccinated, you're putting other people at risk.

I don't know if the vaccine makes you healthier for other diseases just because CNN says so. I might believe it if doctors or scientists say so. Actually, liberals use their brains, unlike conservatives, who are brain washed by Qanon, Newsmax, and Faux News.

And vaccine side effects been downplayed. You'd be a fool to listen to the above mentioned "news" outlet that exaggerated the side effects.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #4657 on: October 25, 2021, 09:22:07 PM »
Free for all, but if you die. Dont blame me?

(For entertainment purposes only. Please consult your insurance for covid relates medical fees have changed) ;)

Money article: Average Costs for a COVID-19 Hospital Stay Top $400,000 in Some States: Study

https://money.com/covid-19-hospital-cost-by-state/

It looks like they brake down the fees between non-complex and complex.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #4658 on: October 25, 2021, 09:26:09 PM »

Well if you dont wear your seat belt you might die in an accident or sudden stop. The point serious injury is prevented with a seat belt. Same with taking the vaccine.

Free for all, but dont blame me cough cough.

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #4659 on: October 25, 2021, 09:26:50 PM »
None of these vaccines - Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, Sputnik-5, Sinovac - plus all the rest down the line to come will never be 100% certain of either prevention or reduction of the spread of COVID-19. Once you can accept this as plain fact what remains is choice - do you or don't you get vaxxed? I'd rather leave this up to the individual rather than The State.

No one is arguing that the vaccine is 100% certain. That's why we need herd immunity, to dramatically decrease the chance of the virus spreading. Do this math.

Let say the vaccines only work 90% and 90% of the population is vaccinated. That means the chances of prevention is 90% x 90% = 81%.

On the other hand, if 50% of the population insists on "my body, my choice", then the chances of prevention is 90% x 50% = 45%. Less than 50%.

The question isn't "do you or do you not want to get vaxxed?"

It's "do you or do you not want to get rid of COVID?"

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #4660 on: October 25, 2021, 09:28:10 PM »
We are all going to get this, sooner or later. I’m just glad we got it over with. Listen to Shaq…have fun!

You've got some of the most idiotic takes.

You don't know what facts are, considering you've been posting opinions and op-eds as your source of misinformation.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1080
  • -Received: 1241
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #4661 on: October 26, 2021, 08:36:22 AM »
Every action has a consequence, but for now let's then overlook the other victims of seatbelt and helmet laws - the bereaved surviving families of those who don't comply. OK let's move on.

Now how about school vaccination mandates or Federal mandates running the genuine chance for career destruction, creating a 2nd tier citizen class, and eventual financial ruin for hundreds of thousands of your friends and neighbors, all because they made a risk assessment The State disagrees with.

That's the world you wish upon others?

But..but deaths.... Please. We die from preventable, avoidable issues but don't remove (for example) the obese from their job, nor do we disemploy smokers do we? But they don't kill others so that doesn't count.... dear reader, have you not seen the children of the obese? Have you not read the dangers of second hand smoke?

Back in Yee Olden Days when someone in an elevator sneezed and 10 people got the flu from it, no one was fired from work for not getting a flu vax, wandering the streets forced to declare as "UNCLEAN!" so as to keep the vaxxed at a safe distance. This is where the radical vaxxed wish to lead us, a road down which free choice is a myth.

Until proof of a sustainable risk free existence can be created by mandate, I'd prefer to err on the side of individual choice. Their choice of risk puts me at risk, but I can plan around that risk while at the same time accept it as part of living in a dangerous world.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 84
  • -Received: 510
« Reply #4662 on: October 26, 2021, 09:29:50 AM »
We create laws for the common good.
Our experts say that getting the covid vaccine is a common good.

So we create a law mandating this vaccine because we need 90% compliance to be effective.
Experts can be wrong, but I think I'll believe them over you.

If trump didn't believe fauci back in 2020, he should have fired him and hired scott atlas to be our top expert.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 605
  • -Received: 536
« Reply #4663 on: October 26, 2021, 09:36:42 AM »
We create laws for the common good.
Our experts say that getting the covid vaccine is a common good.

So we create a law mandating this vaccine because we need 90% compliance to be effective.
Experts can be wrong, but I think I'll believe them over you.

If trump didn't believe fauci back in 2020, he should have fired him and hired scott atlas to be our top expert.

But the "experts" keep changing it and moving the goal posts.  Even they admit they don't really know. So, where does that leave us?

Offline akula1488

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #4664 on: October 26, 2021, 10:03:27 AM »
Every action has a consequence, but for now let's then overlook the other victims of seatbelt and helmet laws - the bereaved surviving families of those who don't comply. OK let's move on.

Now how about school vaccination mandates or Federal mandates running the genuine chance for career destruction, creating a 2nd tier citizen class, and eventual financial ruin for hundreds of thousands of your friends and neighbors, all because they made a risk assessment The State disagrees with.

That's the world you wish upon others?

But..but deaths.... Please. We die from preventable, avoidable issues but don't remove (for example) the obese from their job, nor do we disemploy smokers do we? But they don't kill others so that doesn't count.... dear reader, have you not seen the children of the obese? Have you not read the dangers of second hand smoke?

Back in Yee Olden Days when someone in an elevator sneezed and 10 people got the flu from it, no one was fired from work for not getting a flu vax, wandering the streets forced to declare as "UNCLEAN!" so as to keep the vaxxed at a safe distance. This is where the radical vaxxed wish to lead us, a road down which free choice is a myth.

Until proof of a sustainable risk free existence can be created by mandate, I'd prefer to err on the side of individual choice. Their choice of risk puts me at risk, but I can plan around that risk while at the same time accept it as part of living in a dangerous world.

Exactly. Changing goal posts and mandates. Right or wrong, the government will keep pushing to strip away our freedom one bit at a time if we are not careful.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal