Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 422130 times)

Offline nosuchreality

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 149
  • -Received: 542
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #4095 on: July 01, 2021, 07:34:11 AM »
We are going to see so much of this over the next six months.

More than 80 teens and adults have tested positive for the coronavirus after attending a central Illinois summer camp that didn’t check their vaccination status or require masks indoors, state health officials said.

All the campers and staffers at Crossing Camp in Rushville, Ill., were eligible for the shots, the Illinois Department of Public Health said in a statement this week, but officials knew of “only a handful of campers and staff receiving the vaccine.

”
In total, 85 people who attended the summer camp in mid-June were infected, most of them teens, according to the health department. One unvaccinated young adult was hospitalized, officials said.

The spate of infections also appears to have spawned a secondary outbreak. Officials said some people from the camp attended a nearby conference, where 11 people subsequently tested positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/30/illinois-summer-camp-coronavirus-outbreak/

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2738
  • -Received: 1834
« Reply #4096 on: July 01, 2021, 10:14:13 AM »
You can only help stupid people so much.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 492
  • -Received: 773
« Reply #4097 on: July 09, 2021, 08:41:06 AM »
A Missouri couple say they dragged their feet on getting the Covid-19 vaccine. Then they got sick

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/us/missouri-covid-surge/index.html

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2660
  • -Received: 4010
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4098 on: July 15, 2021, 10:07:41 AM »
I haven't been active here on TI in a while but as we see numbers are going up, please encourage people you know (especially the younger crowd) to get vaccinated.

It reduces spread and decreases the chances of variants being created.

#science
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline NotAnEarlyBird

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #4099 on: July 15, 2021, 11:00:47 AM »
Sucha a shame for Tennessee to abandon vaccination outreach to minors for the fear that some parents will be upset.
I like this quote from here:
https://news.yahoo.com/delta-variants-message-anti-vaxxers-095210881.html

"We don't have to respect the decisions others make, but we have to respect their right to make them. That's why when someone does something we think is egregiously stupid, we say: It's your funeral."

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 453
  • -Received: 685
« Reply #4100 on: July 15, 2021, 11:13:59 AM »
It's two worlds out there. The only patients I'm admitting now for COVID are the unvaccinated.

As IHO mentioned, please encourage anyone not vaccinated to get it. This also applies to children 12 and up.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
« Reply #4101 on: July 15, 2021, 04:38:46 PM »
L.A. County will require masks indoors amid alarming rise in coronavirus cases

Faced with a distressing rise in coronavirus cases, Los Angeles County will again require residents to wear masks in indoor public spaces — regardless of their vaccination status.

The new order, which comes a little more than two weeks after the county recommended the same protocols as a precaution, will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, according to the county’s health officer, Dr. Muntu Davis.

Some exceptions will apply, Davis said, but the order will be similar to the requirements that were in place prior to California’s June 15 reopening.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-15/l-a-county-will-require-masks-indoors-amid-covid-19-surge

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 217
  • -Received: 811
« Reply #4102 on: July 15, 2021, 06:01:48 PM »
Sucha a shame for Tennessee to abandon vaccination outreach to minors for the fear that some parents will be upset.

"We don't have to respect the decisions others make, but we have to respect their right to make them. That's why when someone does something we think is egregiously stupid, we say: It's your funeral."

Do you have children?  I wouldn't want someone trying to "reach out" to my minor children for vaccine encouragement.

I'm not anti-vax, but parents should have a right to make the decisions as to when their minor children receive it or not.  Most kids are not mature enough to make these type of adult decisions on their own.

Offline freedomcm

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 476
  • -Received: 104
« Reply #4103 on: July 17, 2021, 07:38:03 AM »
the law allows/ed 15 and up to access preventive vaccines.

I think that 16 year old are mature enough to decide they want these, even if they have anit-vax parents. 

We do the same for kids of JW families, and more.

Do you have children?  I wouldn't want someone trying to "reach out" to my minor children for vaccine encouragement.

I'm not anti-vax, but parents should have a right to make the decisions as to when their minor children receive it or not.  Most kids are not mature enough to make these type of adult decisions on their own.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2660
  • -Received: 4010
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4104 on: July 22, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »
Tennessee needs more people vaccinated.

As do the other states that are lagging... other countries are literally dying for vaccinations and here we are in the US needing lotteries to incentivize us.

People just don't get it... the more you let it stay out there and infect people, the more it mutates.

Hopefully qwerty understands that part of the science. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline NotAnEarlyBird

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #4105 on: July 22, 2021, 11:40:00 AM »
Only 38.5% of Tennessee population is vaccinated. There are many parents who are misinformed about the "intangible" benefits of vaccination. (Read this: https://abc7chicago.com/alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia-vaccine-coronavirus/10902541/)
These are teens, they should be mature enough to process this information.
And yes, I do have children. And I'm speaking as a mom of a highly immunocompromised child who spends alot of time in CHOC and not old enough to get vaccinated, so, I'm really emotional about people who politicize vaccination. To you, it may be your rights. To me, it could be between life and death.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
« Reply #4106 on: July 22, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »
It’s much like sex education. 

We read outreach, those opposed read pushing radical LGBTQ agenda.  I saw samples of the offensive outreach, literally a tweet telling teens (on the main health services Twitter channel) to get the info and make a difference they’re an important part in the fight, much like the California commercials all over TV about do your part with the vaccine.

100% faux issue, IMHO.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
« Reply #4107 on: July 25, 2021, 08:58:22 AM »
I feel very doom and gloomy at the moment.

Yesterday, we spent the day doing pent up errands.  Ikea, groceries, lunch on the run, another shop.

Crowds are totally pre-pandemic levels, masks mostly out the window, social distancing out the window.  Really, no precautions, just trust the vaccine, I guess.

Maskless kids (likely under 12) in tow all over the place.

Offline someguy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 83
  • -Received: 63
  • I'm poor af
« Reply #4108 on: July 25, 2021, 01:53:14 PM »
Only 38.5% of Tennessee population is vaccinated. There are many parents who are misinformed about the "intangible" benefits of vaccination. (Read this: https://abc7chicago.com/alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia-vaccine-coronavirus/10902541/)
These are teens, they should be mature enough to process this information.
And yes, I do have children. And I'm speaking as a mom of a highly immunocompromised child who spends alot of time in CHOC and not old enough to get vaccinated, so, I'm really emotional about people who politicize vaccination. To you, it may be your rights. To me, it could be between life and death.

Do you think it's right to pressure other parents to give their children a non-FDA approved vaccine that has no long term studies on anyone, including children, to protect your child?

Offline someguy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 83
  • -Received: 63
  • I'm poor af
« Reply #4109 on: July 25, 2021, 02:01:52 PM »
I feel very doom and gloomy at the moment.

Yesterday, we spent the day doing pent up errands.  Ikea, groceries, lunch on the run, another shop.

Crowds are totally pre-pandemic levels, masks mostly out the window, social distancing out the window.  Really, no precautions, just trust the vaccine, I guess.

Maskless kids (likely under 12) in tow all over the place.

We have some of the most effective vaccines ever created.  Irvine is over 80% vaccinated.  That's herd immunity levels of vaccination.

The news isn't unbiased journalism anymore.  Social media is garbage.  Their goal is to scare/anger you into watching/clicking which makes them money.  The screen is causing serious harm to people.

We're practically as safe we were pre-covid outside.  It's okay to enjoy your life and loved ones without being afraid.  Accept that death will come for all of us one day so make the most of your life.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal