Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 141033 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2463
  • -Received: 3819
  • 3CWG
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #1215 on: April 04, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
I think I’ll wait to get the antibody test to tell me if I had it.  Anyone know when that will be available.  If I have the antibody, I’m going out on the town like it’s nobodies business.

Yeah, I'm curious when the anti body test will be available.  I got sick in mid-Feb for about a week and wonder if I got it as some of the symptoms were the same (cough, sneezing, slight fever, weak, and light headache).

USC is TI Patient Zero!!! :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline curious george

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 57
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #1216 on: April 04, 2020, 09:32:02 PM »
I think I’ll wait to get the antibody test to tell me if I had it.  Anyone know when that will be available.  If I have the antibody, I’m going out on the town like it’s nobodies business.

Yeah, I'm curious when the anti body test will be available.  I got sick in mid-Feb for about a week and wonder if I got it as some of the symptoms were the same (cough, sneezing, slight fever, weak, and light headache).

sneezing is unlikely, probably a common cold.

Offline woodburyowner

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 66
  • -Received: 141
« Reply #1217 on: April 04, 2020, 09:48:03 PM »
Antibody test available at a Little Saigon doctor office - https://www.facebook.com/daomedicalgroup/

He bought the tests from S. Korea so not FDA approved.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 192
  • -Received: 743
« Reply #1218 on: April 04, 2020, 10:36:57 PM »
A couple weeks back I had low grade fever and body aches (lasted 2-3 Days), but very mild.  My wife felt the same thing about 5 Days after me, and same symptoms.  I’d really like to know if I had it.  Bring on the antibody test.  Maybe I’ll have to venture to Bolsa.

Offline Innosint

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #1219 on: April 04, 2020, 10:37:51 PM »
A friend (Asian) just had someone tried to forcibly enter his car via passenger door at San Canyon USPS Parking lot while he was in his car.

Good thing he drove a Tesla and the ass hole does'nt know how to open it.

I can't even say travel in groups anymore... but I guess becareful when you are by your self, especially if you are Asian, even in Irvine.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 192
  • -Received: 743
« Reply #1220 on: April 05, 2020, 08:20:54 AM »
Missed something.  What does the person trying to forcibly enter the car have to do with being Asian?

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 819
  • -Received: 1064
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #1221 on: April 05, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Interesting side effect from Coronavirus and the CARES Act: An urgent need for COBOL programmers due to ancient State tech:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/05/new_jersey_seeks_cobol_volunteers/

My .02c

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 138
  • -Received: 212
« Reply #1222 on: April 05, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
Missed something.  What does the person trying to forcibly enter the car have to do with being Asian?

Probably has to do with many Asian Americans being on high alert due to the recent surge of hate crimes against Asians.

Even FBI came out and issued a warning.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-warns-potential-surge-hate-crimes-asian-americans/story?id=69831920

Offline Innosint

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #1223 on: April 05, 2020, 11:18:26 AM »

As kenkoko stated. 

There is an increasing number of hate crimes against Asian across north America. It may be just a correlation, but if you are Asian. I would advice to keep on a higher alert

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2463
  • -Received: 3819
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1224 on: April 05, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »
That is horrible.

We already have enough to worry about.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 138
  • -Received: 212
« Reply #1225 on: April 05, 2020, 12:13:07 PM »
We do live in crazy times.

I have a hard time deciding who is the craziest this weekend.

The Ohio church going lady claiming on CNN that Jesus blood in her will protect her and all the church goers from Covid

or

The old white lady on the opposite side of the street who called me Chinaman in front of my daughter and told us to go back home and not spread the virus

or

My Asian buddy who truly believe his MAGA hat and KAG shirt will protect him from any hate crimes.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2260
  • -Received: 1813
« Reply #1226 on: April 05, 2020, 12:42:03 PM »

USC is TI Patient Zero!!! :)

Hahaha  I got sick a few days after going to over a half dozen open houses the weekend of Feb 8/9 (these open houses were mostly packed with people).  Once the antibody test comes out, I'll take it and know for sure if I had it.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 181
  • -Received: 225
« Reply #1227 on: April 05, 2020, 01:53:02 PM »

The Ohio church going lady claiming on CNN that Jesus blood in her will protect her and all the church goers from Covid

or

The old white lady on the opposite side of the street who called me Chinaman in front of my daughter and told us to go back home and not spread the virus

or

My Asian buddy who truly believe his MAGA hat and KAG shirt will protect him from any hate crimes.

I guess all those people are misinformed about what they believe in.

Jesus never said He would protect anyone from Covid. He actually said if anyone believes in Him, the world will hate that believer in return. He also said obey the government authorities. While I do believe God's providence and sovereignty over all things which include protections from the world, He never said a believer will not get sick. This is where the church needs to teach the people correctly from the Bible. Sadly, many churches today fail at this thus such false beliefs are everywhere.

Your Asian buddy who truly believes MAGA or KAG outfits would protect him probably thinks such crimes are only from Trump supporters. He might think if you were wearing a MAGA hat, that crazy lady wouldn't have called you Chinaman. I don't think such crime is only from non-Asian Trump supporters. It's just a human nature wanting to blame on someone. I think it's beyond the racial issue. It's a sad reality people want to vent on others and tragically, non-caucasian people have been targets for many years. It's our sinfulness. A MAGA hat might save you a few conflicts, but if you're wearing it to fool others, you're fooling yourself before anything.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 409
  • -Received: 666
« Reply #1228 on: April 05, 2020, 02:21:53 PM »

or

or

I guess all those people are misinformed about what they believe in.

Jesus never said He would protect anyone from Covid. He actually said if anyone believes in Him, the world will hate that believer in return. He also said obey the government authorities. While I do believe God's providence and sovereignty over all things which include protections from the world, He never said a believer will not get sick. This is where the church needs to teach the people correctly from the Bible. Sadly, many churches today fail at this thus such false beliefs are everywhere.

Your Asian buddy who truly believes MAGA or KAG outfits would protect him probably thinks such crimes are only from Trump supporters. He might think if you were wearing a MAGA hat, that crazy lady wouldn't have called you Chinaman. I don't think such crime is only from non-Asian Trump supporters. It's just a human nature wanting to blame on someone. I think it's beyond the racial issue. It's a sad reality people want to vent on others and tragically, non-caucasian people have been targets for many years. It's our sinfulness. A MAGA hat might save you a few conflicts, but if you're wearing it to fool others, you're fooling yourself before anything.

Please do not talk about God. When you give misleading people about the virus.

But the Bible refers to the Samaritan that help out the stranger. A person can correlate that story to the current day hospital workers.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 02:45:12 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 409
  • -Received: 666
« Reply #1229 on: April 05, 2020, 02:23:40 PM »
btw: I just talk to someone from Texas and it is hard to get toilet paper like California.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal