Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 112402 times)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 327
  • -Received: 236
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
How covid 19 kills. Details symtoms and methods of how this virus attack the lungs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59dd-qM&feature=youtu.be

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2391
  • -Received: 3772
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1171 on: March 30, 2020, 02:14:57 PM »
Not sure if this is correct but from what I read, the difference between the Asian countries and the non-Asian ones is that the lockdowns were strict and the population took it seriously.

Even just on TI there is a division on how "serious" this is and there are posts that show many around the US and in our own local neighborhoods are ignoring social distancing rules.

None of us can make masks, tests, or more ventilators... but everyone can flatten the curve. Seems like the only answer and we shouldn't have to wait for the government to force us (like in other countries).
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 389
  • -Received: 659
« Reply #1172 on: March 30, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
Not sure if this is correct but from what I read, the difference between the Asian countries and the non-Asian ones is that the lockdowns were strict and the population took it seriously.

Even just on TI there is a division on how "serious" this is and there are posts that show many around the US and in our own local neighborhoods are ignoring social distancing rules.

None of us can make masks, tests, or more ventilators... but everyone can flatten the curve. Seems like the only answer and we shouldn't have to wait for the government to force us (like in other countries).

You forgot some people on TI are saying it is just a cough and only effects only old people and with pre-existing conditions.
But that is fake. There are many people that are young and dying.

Offline Cornflakes

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 52
« Reply #1173 on: March 30, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »
Lately, reading a lot of posts that people are not really complying to shelter in place strategy. If people believe that it is not a big deal or it is not a right strategy, they have the right to their beliefs. But then, they should put some skin in the game, in a capitalism way.

How about this?

If govt. wants to really increase lockdown but keep it voluntary and not send troops on streets they should make an announcement to the effect:

Dear citizen of USA,
Starting tomorrow, strict lockdown is in place. If you and the household members are not COVID positive today, you will not be 15 days from now. If you or your household member needed treatment for COVID after 15th April, half of the medical bill will be your responsibility. (assumes that you did not comply and stayed hunkered down).

If you need treatment within this 15 day window, you get the benefit of doubt that you contracted virus before this announcement came out and your medical treatment is covered as usual under current situation.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2588
  • -Received: 1667
« Reply #1174 on: March 31, 2020, 01:17:50 PM »
It looks like the fda today approved a two minute antibody test.

Didn’t say if it was an at home test. I’ve been wondering when a test like this would come out so then you could get your “I survived Coronavirus” badge so those folks could go about their normal lives (relatively speaking)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/fda-coronavirus-two-minute-testing-kit-bodysphere-a665429d-488d-4edf-bd36-9180e2a06e4c.html

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1175 on: March 31, 2020, 01:36:24 PM »
Good for the tests kits. Where is the social distant enforcement?
Where is medical equipment? Where are the supplies (masks, gloves, etc) for the first responders and front line grocery workers!

Save the best for last! Where are the toilet paper?

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2391
  • -Received: 3772
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1176 on: March 31, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
Where is medical equipment? Where are the supplies (masks, gloves, etc) for the first responders and front line grocery workers!

All that stuff is coming. There are many cases of places making masks, cleaning used N95 masks, making ventilators and medical volunteers graduating early or coming out of retirement.

Except toilet paper... no idea what the status on that is. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 648
  • -Received: 434
« Reply #1177 on: March 31, 2020, 02:17:52 PM »
The county has hit 500 cases (503 to be exact) and 50 of those are in Irvine.  The number of tested is 6,674.

First the first time, they are reporting hospitalized cases at 94 and ICU cases at 46.  ICU cases are a subset of hospitalized.

Deaths increased by 3 to a total of 7.  What is interesting here is the age breakdown:

65 plus ~ 4
45-64 ~ 1
35-44 ~ 1
25-34 ~ 1

Young people are not invincible.  Granted, these aren't statistically valid numbers yet.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1178 on: March 31, 2020, 02:31:26 PM »

All that stuff is coming. There are many cases of places making masks, cleaning used N95 masks, making ventilators and medical volunteers graduating early or coming out of retirement.

Except toilet paper... no idea what the status on that is. :)

Huffington Post Article: U.S. Shipped Tons Of COVID-19 Supplies To China As Trump Dismissed Threat Here

The U.S. State Department shipped 17.8 tons of donated coronavirus medical supplies to China seven weeks ago, when health experts and some American lawmakers were already seeking federal action to prepare the country for the disease.

The massive shipment to China included medical masks, gowns and respirators, now in desperately short supply across America. The supplies were contributed by American companies and nonprofits, according to a U.S. Agency for International Development official.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e8179c6c5b66149226a0ff8

Article includes Secretary State Pompeo that the Us providing humanitarian relief to Wuhan. But how about the United States? We are at a time of Crisis!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1179 on: March 31, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »
This is worst than Benghazi. They threw the US under the bus by giving away needed supplies to China. (Gy-na Trump tone)

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2588
  • -Received: 1667
« Reply #1180 on: March 31, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »
This is only a matter of time here in the US. People in Italy are going hungry and broke. Social unrest is looming and inevitable.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/a-new-enemy-in-the-battle-against-coronavirus-lockdown-fatigue-130025033.html

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 122
  • -Received: 409
« Reply #1181 on: April 02, 2020, 06:32:54 AM »
Saw this looking up numbers this morning.  Good to know it's 4X current totals. 

And a large-scale study found that early interventions, such as social distancing and severe restrictions on people's movement, have already saved tens of thousands of lives across Europe.

Scientists at imperial College London studied interventions in 11 European countries and concluded that they "have together had a substantial impact on transmission."

The researchers estimate as of March 31, "interventions across all 11 countries will have averted 59,000 deaths."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/health/us-coronavirus-updates-wednesday/index.html

Edit: looks like link was updated and previous info gone.  New link.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-01-20-intl/h_42233d33f1884e1d67b7a4b63b82e4ce?utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNNi&utm_content=2020-04-01T11%3A54%3A28

Scientists at Imperial College London studied interventions in 11 European countries, and concluded that they “have together had a substantial impact on transmission.” They estimate “that interventions across all 11 countries will have averted 59,000 deaths up to 31 March.”

The Imperial College researchers estimate that in Italy 38,000 deaths have been averted (as of March 31 that is nearly four times the number of deaths recorded); and in Spain 16,000 – compared to a situation in which restrictions had not been introduced. In Italy’s case, they say, “despite mounting pressure on health systems, interventions have averted a health care catastrophe.”
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:42:05 AM by nosuchreality »

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 126
  • -Received: 204
« Reply #1182 on: April 02, 2020, 10:24:58 AM »
Things are getting desperate out in New York.

Heard from updates this morning the physician shortage is so dire that they are already calling upon dentists to treat coronavirus patients and it may not be too long until they ask veterinarians to do their part and intubate patients in the ICU.

Also Florida is now breaking out from what we've heard. This could be very bad given Florida's demographics.

Offline PSForever

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 10
« Reply #1183 on: April 02, 2020, 10:42:36 AM »
"Board Certified Family Practitioner

501 Rt 208, Monroe, NY 10950 845-238-0000

March 23, 2020
To all medical professionals around the world:

My name is Dr. Zev Zelenko and I practice medicine in Monroe, NY. For the last 16 years, I have cared for approximately 75% of the adult population of Kiryas Joel, which is a very close knit community of approximately 35,000 people in which the infection spread rapidly and unchecked prior to the imposition of social distancing.

As of today my team has tested approximately 200 people from this community for Covid-19, and 65% of the results have been positive. If extrapolated to the entire community, that means more than 20,000 people are infected at the present time. Of this group, I estimate that there are 1500 patients who are in the high-risk category (i.e. >60, immunocompromised, comorbidities, etc).

Given the urgency of the situation, I developed the following treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting and have seen only positive results:

1. Any patient with shortness of breath regardless of age is treated.
2. Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.
3. Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated (unless their circumstances   change and they fall into category 1 or 2).

My out-patient treatment regimen is as follows:

1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days
2. Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days
3. Zinc sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days

The rationale for my treatment plan is as follows. I combined the data available from China and South Korea with the recent study published from France (sites available on request). We know that hydroxychloroquine helps Zinc enter the cell. We know that Zinc slows viral replication within the cell. Regarding the use of azithromycin, I postulate it prevents secondary bacterial infections. These three drugs are well known and usually well tolerated, hence the risk to the patient is low.

Since last Thursday, my team has treated approximately 350 patients in Kiryas Joel and another 150 patients in other areas of New York with the above regimen.

Of this group and the information provided to me by affiliated medical teams, we have had ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations, and ZERO intubations. In addition, I have not heard of any negative side effects other than approximately 10% of patients with temporary nausea and diarrhea.

In sum, my urgent recommendation is to initiate treatment in the outpatient setting as soon as possible in accordance with the above. Based on my direct experience, it prevents acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), prevents the need for hospitalization and saves lives.

With much respect, Dr. Zev Zelenko

cc: President Donald J. Trump; Mr. Mark Meadows, Chief of Staff"

https://www.globalresearch.ca/report-successful-treatment-coronavirus/5708056

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:33:09 AM by PSForever »

Offline Maserson

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 32
  • -Received: 27
« Reply #1184 on: April 02, 2020, 10:51:28 AM »
NYC is bad. My optimism went out the window. When you graduate medical students early just to join in, ask for anybody with an expired license to work, ask for CRNAs to work unsupervised, it's just a free for all. Density is killing NYC.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal