Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 37571 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 357
  • -Received: 639
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »
@daedalus - thanks that was perfect.

After seeing that data this is clearly an overreaction. Buy them stocks! Bought some SPY when the market was up about 75 points. I lucked out, was going to buy when it was almost up 400 but took a phone call, then by the time I bought the market was up less than 100.

it might be an over reaction, but why not be safe? Its not containable according to the experts. People all over the world have the disease. There is Anxiety and panic in Italy as I type.
Correct me if Im wrong, but China knew about this before it got out of control. They arrested the Chinese doctor who brought it to the medical community. (He unfortunately died of the virus.)

So apparently a church linked to South Korea outbreak had meetings in Wuhan China according to Business Insider News.

Spain reports first Carona virus case per Reuters.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 02:51:44 PM by eyephone »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2256
  • -Received: 3643
  • 3CWG
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2020, 02:56:08 PM »
I consider the film "Contagion" as a documentary now.... Just hope "12 Monkeys" isn't one as well.

More like the Planet of the Apes 2nd reboot except with bats instead of simians. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 298
  • -Received: 402
    • www.realwealthmanagement.com
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2020, 04:28:16 PM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:37:47 PM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Investment Real Estate Broker
CalBRE# 01894781, NMLS License # 1572291
Direct: (678) 865-6250
Email: jpark@johnscreekrealtypartners.com

http://www.biggerpockets.com/users/Panda
http://www.johnscreekrealtypartners.com

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 106
  • -Received: 370
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2020, 04:34:16 PM »

Devil is the details, the big detail is, like the flu, how many actual infections are there.

Its to hard apples to apples that 50-59 group but by 59, depending on year that log scale puts you somewhere in the 0.8% and 2.0%.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:43:33 PM by nosuchreality »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »

Devil is the details, the big detail is, like the flu, how many actual infections are there.

Do you compare the flu to heart disease?
Do you compare the flu to diabetes?
Do you compare the flu to stab wounds?

Get out of here!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2020, 04:47:12 PM »
It’s like comparing a .99 cent hamburger to prime rib.

I mean come on!

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 307
  • -Received: 214
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
Overreacting, tell that to Mayor Garcetti, currently, as of this writing, LAX is going through a cleaning process at the airport as the Korean flight attendant tested positive.

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 169
  • -Received: 202
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2020, 09:41:29 PM »
I thought the best overreaction was the mayor of SF declaring a state of emergency despite not a single person in that city having contracted the virus.  Decontaminating airports is about keeping peace of mind up and continuing commerce, tourism, etc which probably only adds to the panic in the long run.

No one said don't be safe.  I wash my hands often and try to remember to make my daughter do the same.  I keep tabs of where the infected are.  I wouldn't take my daughter to daycare or go to work if I thought infected people had been through there.  But it ain't the plague!  The 2nd worst part about COVID-19 is the hysteria wrapped around it.  I pity the poor folks sitting in quarantine,  reading the headlines, watching news stories showing grown adults with water bottles and maxipads taped to their heads, and scared worthless about what comes next. 

The worst part about COVID-19 is that the incubation period is thought to be as long as 14 days, during which it can be spread.  Add to that how contagious it seems to be, and we may all end up getting it.  The vast majority of us will get through this relatively unscathed either way.

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 69
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2020, 08:39:26 AM »
Is it time to make plans to go to disneyland....fewer crowds?

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 307
  • -Received: 214
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:48 AM »
I am going to DISNEYLAND.....

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2020, 08:49:26 AM »
I am going to DISNEYLAND.....

Good luck chuck!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2020, 08:56:44 AM »
Marketwatch article: CDC issues beard and mustache guide for coronavirus epidemic

Some facial-hair styles will interfere with your face mask

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cdc-issues-beard-and-mustache-guide-for-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-02-26

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2020, 09:00:31 AM »
Politico Article: Trump backers see a coronavirus conspiracy

Some supporters of President Donald Trump see a threat bigger than the spread of a highly contagious novel coronavirus: a conspiracy by deep state actors to use the virus against the president.

One key piece of evidence fueling their theory: An official from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention making public statements on the outbreak is the sister of Rod Rosenstein, the former deputy attorney general who oversaw the Mueller probe and, according to a disputed report, once discussed removing Trump from office.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/26/trump-backers-coronavirus-conspiracy-117781

Is the Coronavirus fake news? If you think it’s fake. I suggest you travel and take advantage of the travel deals.

*But of course if you get sick or something do not blame me. I did not say the virus is FAKE. Lol

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2020, 09:20:51 AM »
Politico Article: Trump backers see a coronavirus conspiracy

Some supporters of President Donald Trump see a threat bigger than the spread of a highly contagious novel coronavirus: a conspiracy by deep state actors to use the virus against the president.

One key piece of evidence fueling their theory: An official from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention making public statements on the outbreak is the sister of Rod Rosenstein, the former deputy attorney general who oversaw the Mueller probe and, according to a disputed report, once discussed removing Trump from office.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/26/trump-backers-coronavirus-conspiracy-117781

Is the Coronavirus fake news? If you think it%u2019s fake. I suggest you travel and take advantage of the travel deals.

*But of course if you get sick or something do not blame me. I did not say the virus is FAKE. Lol

Btw: Mety turned down my offer to pay for his trip to China all expenses paid. Lol
(does not include medical ins, hospital bills, protective gear, incidental costs)
But he had to stream over there and I get the rights. It never happened and the deal is off the table. Lol
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:28:49 AM by eyephone »

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 167
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2020, 09:46:18 AM »
Is it time to make plans to go to disneyland....fewer crowds?

nope, as of right now, per the app, 70 mins wait for space mountain and 65 mins wait for smugglers run

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Masks? by lnc
[Today at 07:50:35 AM]

Re: coronavirus by nosuchreality
[Today at 06:32:54 AM]

Re: Coronavirus Math by nosuchreality
[Today at 06:22:37 AM]

Re: Masks? by PSForever
[Today at 05:59:05 AM]

Re: How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees... by Soylent Green Is People
[Today at 05:48:51 AM]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal