Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 448323 times)

nosuchreality and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 627
  • -Received: 213
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #4515 on: September 24, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
Lower flu results due to masking was predicted last year by me.....I now take back my Miss Cleo crown!
https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,17497.msg368953.html#msg368953
Nicely done!
What do you think about this year? Will you get the flu shot?

Offline zubs

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 83
  • -Received: 497
« Reply #4516 on: September 24, 2021, 12:15:18 PM »
I may get around to getting the flu shot, but probably not because we are all still masking, social distancing, washing hands...
Seeing the crazy decline in influenza makes me believe the flu is not even part of the equation anymore, so why get stabbed?

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 151
  • -Received: 546
« Reply #4517 on: September 24, 2021, 01:04:19 PM »
While last year was incredibly low, the flu season starts Week 40, which this year is Oct 4th week.

The current run rate while low is roughly twice the typical late 30s week run rates.  Multiple states are creeping into the Low activity level already where as a typical flu year all but one or two are bottoming out in the lowest of 3 minimal activity levels.

Offline zubs

• Thanks
« Reply #4518 on: September 25, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
I understand that as a community, getting the flu shot protects me and my neighbors....but if anti vaccer's can be selfish so can I.

Why spend part of my day getting stabbed in the arm to help my community when influenza cases are so low?

Online morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 567
  • -Received: 520
« Reply #4519 on: September 29, 2021, 09:23:06 AM »
...and the slippery slope of vaccine mandates becomes clear....required sterilizations in the Ghetto sections next?....did you know Soylent green is people?...

9/16 Flu Vaccine Requirement for Students

All USC students taking in-person classes or living in university-owned residences in Fall 2020 are required to complete immunization for influenza by November 1. Students living in off-campus residences and taking classes remotely are also strongly encouraged to get a flu vaccine. Students returning to in person classes in Spring 2021 will be required to show proof of vaccination before they will be permitted on campus.

This requirement will help mitigate the potential simultaneous impact of flu and COVID-19 during the seasonal flu timeframe in the fall/winter months. Exact timing of flu season may vary, but activity often begins to increase in October; flu activity typically peaks between December and February, although activity can last as late as May.

https://studenthealth.usc.edu/flu-vaccine-requirement-for-students/

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1051
  • -Received: 1227
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #4520 on: September 29, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
Trust me on this....... The debate isn't like "Soylent Green" but more in the vein of "Children of Men".

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:58:06 AM by Soylent Green Is People »
My .02c

SGIP

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 493
  • -Received: 776
« Reply #4521 on: September 29, 2021, 10:02:19 AM »
Republican Governor of WV loses it over vaccine hesitancy.

He gives a list of excuses for vaccine hesitancy. Funny af
This is my favorite: Vaccine got something in it and its tracing people. And the same people that are saying that are carrying their cell around.  Haha

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2611
  • -Received: 2104
« Reply #4522 on: September 29, 2021, 10:10:15 PM »
Seems like my dad got covid (high risk person) but he was vaccinated with his 2nd Moderna shot at the end of March.  He lost his taste, smell, has a slight fever, and a a little tired for the past few days but no cough or breathing issues.  I'm checking in with him daily and told him to go do a CVS PCR drive-thru test tomorrow to find out for sure. 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 63
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #4523 on: September 30, 2021, 08:56:53 AM »
I hope he's ok

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 456
  • -Received: 690
« Reply #4524 on: September 30, 2021, 09:36:20 AM »
Seems like my dad got covid (high risk person) but he was vaccinated with his 2nd Moderna shot at the end of March.  He lost his taste, smell, has a slight fever, and a a little tired for the past few days but no cough or breathing issues.  I'm checking in with him daily and told him to go do a CVS PCR drive-thru test tomorrow to find out for sure. 

I'm sorry to hear he is sick. Definitely have him tested ASAP. If he is positive, find a nearby hospital that offers IV monoclonal antibody treatment. If your dad is 65yo+ or other high risk category, he will qualify. You need to start the infusion within the first 10 days of symptom onset.

Offline zubs

• Thanks
« Reply #4525 on: September 30, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »
I thought fully vaccinated people didn't have to do anything extra.

Online nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 151
  • -Received: 546
« Reply #4526 on: September 30, 2021, 10:09:15 AM »

I'm sorry to hear he is sick. Definitely have him tested ASAP. If he is positive, find a nearby hospital that offers IV monoclonal antibody treatment. If your dad is 65yo+ or other high risk category, he will qualify. You need to start the infusion within the first 10 days of symptom onset.

The Express Urgent care in Tustin has Regeneron treatment signs out front.  I've seen clearly sick people going in.  Potentially less hassle than hospital.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
« Reply #4527 on: September 30, 2021, 10:36:41 AM »

I agree that current vaccines are very effective in preventing severe disease/death/hospitalization. Unfortunately with the delta variant, there are more breakthrough infections. Luckily most cases are only mild to moderate symptoms. But if you are positive and in a high risk category (i.e. older, underlying health conditions, etc...), I would still advise monoclonal antibody treatment regardless of vaccine status.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
« Reply #4528 on: September 30, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »

The Express Urgent care in Tustin has Regeneron treatment signs out front.  I've seen clearly sick people going in.  Potentially less hassle than hospital.

Here are a few links to help you locate an infusion center that offers monoclonal antibody treatment:

https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/therapeutics-distribution#distribution-locations

https://covid.infusioncenter.org

I would call the locations ahead of time to check on supply.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2611
  • -Received: 2104
« Reply #4529 on: September 30, 2021, 06:34:14 PM »

I agree that current vaccines are very effective in preventing severe disease/death/hospitalization. Unfortunately with the delta variant, there are more breakthrough infections. Luckily most cases are only mild to moderate symptoms. But if you are positive and in a high risk category (i.e. older, underlying health conditions, etc...), I would still advise monoclonal antibody treatment regardless of vaccine status.

He's in Las Vegas, how would I identify a location where he can get the monoclonal antibody treatment?
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters