Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 263882 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2610
  • -Received: 3953
  • 3CWG
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #3315 on: November 24, 2020, 03:01:02 PM »
So I'm torn on the outside dining being closed in LA County.

I think the problem is that there are too many cases of large groups of people socializing without masks behind the "dining outside" shield.

Maybe they limit it to parties of 4 or less but closing it down just seems bad for these places right before Thanksgiving when they've probably already pre-ordered their food.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 470
  • -Received: 743
« Reply #3316 on: November 24, 2020, 03:44:23 PM »
Information purposes. I came across this video on you tube. Covid 19 survivor with a rare side effect swollen tongue. Please be cautious and be careful.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:06:24 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 470
  • -Received: 743
« Reply #3317 on: November 25, 2020, 11:51:10 AM »
Fox News: 15 relatives contract coronavirus after birthday celebration: 'Don't be like my family'

A Texas family is using their personal experience to warn others against gathering for celebrations ahead of Thanksgiving after 12 of them allegedly contracted coronavirus at a birthday dinner held earlier this month, eventually spreading it to three others who didn’t go to the party.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/15-relatives-contract-coronavirus-after-birthday-celebration
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:56:31 AM by eyephone »

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 612
  • -Received: 565
« Reply #3318 on: November 25, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »
The entire state of Iowa is now out of staffed beds, Eli Perencevich, an infectious-disease doctor at the University of Iowa, told me. Worse is coming. Iowa is accumulating more than 3,600 confirmed cases every day; relative to its population, that’s more than twice the rate Arizona experienced during its summer peak, “when their system was near collapse,” Perencevich said. With only lax policies in place, those cases will continue to rise. Hospitalizations lag behind cases by about two weeks; by Thanksgiving, today’s soaring cases will be overwhelming hospitals that already cannot cope. “The wave hasn’t even crashed down on us yet,” Perencevich said. “It keeps rising and rising, and we’re all running on fear. The health-care system in Iowa is going to collapse, no question.”

In the imminent future, patients will start to die because there simply aren’t enough people to care for them. Doctors and nurses will burn out. The most precious resource the U.S. health-care system has in the struggle against COVID-19 isn’t some miracle drug. It’s the expertise of its health-care workers—and they are exhausted.

http://theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/11/third-surge-breaking-healthcare-workers/617091/

And people can't even be bothered to put on a mask or make their own turkey.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 525
  • -Received: 489
« Reply #3319 on: November 30, 2020, 08:36:56 AM »
If Biden's Celebrity Press Liaison Cardi B says its OK, then I guess its OK for all of us....

Cardi B claps back after fans 'offended' by her 37-person Thanksgiving dinner

...she of course responded, with a sincere yet equally idgaf apology. Once again taking to Twitter, she wrote, “Sorry my bad wasn’t trying to make nobody feel bad.I just had my family in my home for the first time and it felt so good & uplifted me. I spent soo much money getting every1 tested but it felt worth it. I wasnt trying to offend no1.”

https://www.radio.com/q102sf/news/cardi-b-claps-back-at-fans-offended-by-thanksgiving-dinner

Rita Ora partying like its 1999...

In London on Saturday night, another singer Rita Ora broke the law by hosting a lavish 30th birthday party in a restaurant for 30 friends including model Cara Delevinge in breach of UK Govt lockdown rules. Earlier this year, Ms Ora – whose mother is a health worker - launched a range of coronavirus themed merchandise including a 'Stop the Spread' T-shirt designed to encourage people to do their bit to suppress the virus. If only she could read her own logo!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:47:40 AM by morekaos »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3320 on: November 30, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »
Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving.

November numbers are double October... and medical professionals predict that the holiday will create more surge.

Keep wearing that mask qwerty!
I recommend:

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2705
  • -Received: 1791
« Reply #3321 on: November 30, 2020, 11:39:10 AM »
Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving.

November numbers are double October... and medical professionals predict that the holiday will create more surge.

Keep wearing that mask qwerty!

Day 4 of post turkey day gathering. No symptoms so far :-)

Still wearing mask :-)

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 787
« Reply #3322 on: November 30, 2020, 01:35:56 PM »
Make sure everyone wears there mask inside all day long.  Cuz yunno, you never know.  Sounds reasonable.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #3323 on: December 01, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »
You'll die if you eat out!!! ... Is my table ready yet?...

County official votes to ban ‘dangerous’ outdoor dining in L.A. — then goes out to eat

A Los Angeles County supervisor backed a ban on outdoor dining as coronavirus cases soar. Hours later, she went out to eat at her favorite restaurant.

At a contentious Board of Supervisors hearing Nov. 24, Supervisor Sheila Kuehl called outdoor dining “most dangerous” before joining a 3-2 majority for a temporary ban to take effect the next day, KCBS reported.

A Kuehl spokesman confirmed that she later had dinner on the patio at Il Forno, an Italian restaurant in Santa Monica, before the ban took effect, KTTV reported.

“Like so many people in Los Angeles, she has a favorite place to eat and is saddened that so many restaurants are suffering from lost business,” the spokesman said, KABC reported

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article247527485.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #3324 on: December 02, 2020, 08:03:29 AM »
We all need to move to the French Laundry...they obviously have discovered how to safely serve food and are immune to the Vid....share!!!

San Francisco mayor London Breed - who imposed first city-wide lockdown - dined at the French Laundry restaurant the night after Gov. Gavin Newsom's infamous party
San Francisco Mayor London Breed reportedly dined at the French Laundry
Breed is said to have celebrated socialite Gorretti Lo Lui's 60th birthday on November 7 at the three-star Michelin restaurant in Yountville
The group dined in a similar room as Gov Gavin Newsom did on November 6
Breed had taken a few days off after the November 3 election and joined seven others at the gathering - its unclear who all attended
Just three days after dining at the restaurant, Breed banned indoor dining in San Francisco altogether
Breed also issued the first major city-wide lockdown in the U.S. at the start of the pandemic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9007783/San-Francisco-mayor-London-Breed-dined-French-Laundry-restaurant-Gov-Newsom.html

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3325 on: December 02, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »
And currently hospitalized in the OC is 648, we haven't been this high since July. The increase in 3-day average is over 20%.

ICU is up to 158... which is 77% capacity.

So yeah... keep wearing those masks because the numbers do know.
I recommend:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2705
  • -Received: 1791
« Reply #3326 on: December 02, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »
And currently hospitalized in the OC is 648, we haven't been this high since July. The increase in 3-day average is over 20%.

ICU is up to 158... which is 77% capacity.

So yeah... keep wearing those masks because the numbers do know.

So at this point what is more effective? Masks or not getting together? To get into any store you need a mask. So the spread probably isn’t coming from stores. So does that point to people just getting together inside peoples homes or other places and not wearing masks?  It seems the better advice at this point is avoid social interaction all together?

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 74
  • -Received: 453
« Reply #3327 on: December 02, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
Cuomo said 65% of spread in NY is due to small gatherings @home.  They closed and limited restaurants and bars in NY and so the spread slowed there, but people......like nature..............found a way.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #3328 on: December 02, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »
Sat just yesterday and had a beer and Beef Dip out on a patio in OC.  Counted 30 people including the servers.  No one is listening or enforcing for that matter.

California's Democratic politicians can't seem to follow their own coronavirus advice

Then there's the case of San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo. On November 25, Liccardo tweeted this: "Cases are spiking, in part because we're letting our guard (and masks) down with family & friends. Let's cancel the big gatherings this year and focus on keeping each other safe."
Good advice! Which he did not follow! His office confirmed that he traveled to his parents' home for Thanksgiving where eight people from five different households attended. "I understand that the state regulations, issued on November 13th, limit the number of households at a private gathering to three," Liccardo said in a written apology issued Tuesday. "I apologize for my decision to gather contrary to state rules, by attending this Thanksgiving meal with my family."
Taken together, the bevy of Democratic politicians willing to bend or even break the rules they are asking their constituents to heed in hopes of mitigating the spread of Covid-19 is an avalanche of hypocrisy. And it is a very bad look.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 513
« Reply #3329 on: December 02, 2020, 01:20:52 PM »
Cuomo said 65% of spread in NY is due to small gatherings @home.  They closed and limited restaurants and bars in NY and so the spread slowed there, but people......like nature..............found a way.

I'm surprised its that low.  That's one person gets it working, shopping etc and gives it to two others at the unprotected family gatherings.

To me that means community spread is actually really high.  Its actually even worse if they are counting spread from a family gathering in that 65%.  I.e. Subsequent family spread when one member gets it.

Then there is the is it just a BS stat to prop up there current political position.

BTW, noticed on my weekly errand run today that people seem to be even more minimally compliant.  Maybe I'm just jaded after walking past the chin diapering old idiot ranting to their acquaintance that the FBI must be in on the election fraud.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Yesterday at 08:22:45 PM]

Re: 100 West- New Toll Bros coming to Anaheim by eyephone
[Yesterday at 05:03:07 PM]

Re: Joe Briben and Kamala Whoriss by eyephone
[Yesterday at 05:00:00 PM]

Re: Joe Briben and Kamala Whoriss by Cares