Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 140990 times)

USCTrojanCPA and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2463
  • -Received: 3819
  • 3CWG
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #1260 on: April 07, 2020, 12:32:08 PM »
As of 4/6/20 covid19 cases:
Anaheim 92
Irvine 77
Newport Beach 73
Huntington Beach 62
Santa Ana 62

https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

I believe last time stats were released Irvine had 33 cases. The city of Anaheim took over the #1 spot with covid cases.

OC Health updates the stats daily. Irvine, Newport and Anaheim have usually been in the top 3, Anaheim just surpassed Irvine over the weekend,

But again, number of cases, is a tough number to use as it's probably way more than that relative to who is being tested.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 94
« Reply #1261 on: April 07, 2020, 12:40:49 PM »
Nextdoor is updated daily for the Irvine count for anyone that's interested, updated by someone who works for City of Irvine.

4/5 was 75
4/6 was 77

I believe last time stats were released Irvine had 33 cases. The city of Anaheim took over the #1 spot with covid cases.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 819
  • -Received: 1064
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #1262 on: April 07, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »
No matter if you support this President or not, this entire "OMG THE PRESIDENT WAS WARNED AND DID NOTHING!!!" stuff is merely making a hurricane out of a fart.

From the Guardian Article:

"The Navarro memos, first reported by the New York Times and Axios, were written by Navarro on 29 January and 23 February. The first memo, composed ON THE DAY TRUMP SET UP A WHITE HOUSE CORONAVIRUS TASK FORCE...."

For those who can only absorb their news if written in crayon - this meant "Warning" = "Action" on the same flipping day.

Please, people... there are bigger issues at hand.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:18:07 PM by Soylent Green Is People »

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 70
  • -Received: 420
« Reply #1263 on: April 07, 2020, 01:10:56 PM »
My big issue is having a hard time watching the walking bone spur talk.
Trump - "I was never involved in a model atleast this kind of a model"

I mean I say the most fucked up shit, but he is making a joke about fucking models during last weeks press conference.
Dafuq?  Watch pence's face...LOL  how did he keep a straight face?  The man is well trained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2ArJSKXyM

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 819
  • -Received: 1064
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #1264 on: April 07, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »
Trump's not the savvy communicator he believes he is. Still, beats having some of the other folks up there. Every time Ben Carson speaks I nod off. That said, for some if POTUS 45 cured cancer people would still say he didn't work hard enough on Parkinson's because he's a thus and so....

I don't know about the rest of you here, but Pence has always struck me as someone easily to be cast as a Marvel Villain. That white hair looks bullet proof. But I digress....

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 329
  • -Received: 238
« Reply #1265 on: April 07, 2020, 02:11:40 PM »
Glenn Fine is a universally respected pillar of integrity.  His firing so he won’t be in a position to monitor the @realDonaldTrump Adminstration's pandemic effort is an act of public corruption.

There are too much corruption attempts from this president, I forget the counts.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 409
  • -Received: 666
« Reply #1266 on: April 07, 2020, 02:12:35 PM »
Daily Mail article: I STILL won't speak to George W. Bush or Barack Obama about how to deal with coronavirus crisis because we've done a 'great job,' says Donald Trump

Trump was asked at the White House whether he would seek the counsel of Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush – each of whom has extensive experience dealing with deadly diseases during their separate eight-year terms.   

'No, not really,' Trump responded. 'We're doing a great job,' Trump continued. 'Hey, I inherited – we, this administration, we inherited a broken system,' Trump said.

George W. Bush set up intensive planning on flu pandemics. Obama established national security office on global health

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8194089/Donald-Trump-wont-speak-George-W-Bush-Barack-Obama-coronavirus.html

But Trump scrapped/cut the funding. Doing a great job? Lol

Offline DBtoOC

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #1267 on: April 07, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
Anaheim 92
Irvine 77
Newport Beach 73
Huntington Beach 62
Santa Ana 62

OC Health updates the stats daily. Irvine, Newport and Anaheim have usually been in the top 3, Anaheim just surpassed Irvine over the weekend,

But again, number of cases, is a tough number to use as it's probably way more than that relative to who is being tested.

It's better look at the rate of positive cases as a % of total tested.  That's only reported at the county level, but it has been hovering around 8% for the past couple weeks.  I believe that's quite a bit lower than the national (even after excluding NY) and state averages.  That's a hopeful sign. 

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1268 on: April 07, 2020, 05:25:58 PM »
Anaheim 92
Irvine 77
Newport Beach 73
Huntington Beach 62
Santa Ana 62

It's better look at the rate of positive cases as a % of total tested.  That's only reported at the county level, but it has been hovering around 8% for the past couple weeks.  I believe that's quite a bit lower than the national (even after excluding NY) and state averages.  That's a hopeful sign.

Hopeful sign? Until there is a vaccine or approved drug that helps people the numbers will fluctuate and lives will be lost.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:33:02 PM by eyephone »

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 197
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #1269 on: April 07, 2020, 09:11:38 PM »
Trump's not the savvy communicator he believes he is. Still, beats having some of the other folks up there. Every time Ben Carson speaks I nod off.
Every time Ben Carson speaks, he nods off too.

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 197
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #1270 on: April 07, 2020, 09:34:51 PM »
Health professionals I know and other people are not recommending gloves for the public unless you properly know how to use/handle/dispose of them.
If you pretend and act like the outside of the gloves are covered in poop, you'll probably be fine.  When done, carefully take them off by pulling on the cuff, without touching your arm with your other gloved hand. 

I re-use the gloves if they're in good shape.  I let them sit balled up inside out for at least 3 days and rotate through multiple pairs.  The virus doesn't last all that long.

Drive without gloves to destination.
Don mask with bare (presumably clean) hands, using the elastic as much as possible and without touching your skin.
Use hand sanitizer.
Don gloves via cuffs.
Exit, close door and lock with clean gloved hand.
Do not touch face, mask, or adjust gloves while out.
On return, unlock and open door with gloved hand (assume outside door handle contaminated).
Remove gloves via cuffs only.
If extra careful:  Use hand sanitizer.
Enter vehicle (assume inside of vehicle is clean).
Close door.
Remove face mask via elastic bands only and tuck into plastic storage bag.
Use hand sanitizer.
Drive to next destination.

Throw in extra sanitization steps to suit your level of OCD.  No medical training, but I work with very sensitive equipment from time to time and get trained on keeping things clean and uncontaminated to microscopic levels.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1271 on: April 08, 2020, 01:34:09 AM »
Health professionals I know and other people are not recommending gloves for the public unless you properly know how to use/handle/dispose of them.
If you pretend and act like the outside of the gloves are covered in poop, you'll probably be fine.  When done, carefully take them off by pulling on the cuff, without touching your arm with your other gloved hand. 

I re-use the gloves if they're in good shape.  I let them sit balled up inside out for at least 3 days and rotate through multiple pairs.  The virus doesn't last all that long.

Drive without gloves to destination.
Don mask with bare (presumably clean) hands, using the elastic as much as possible and without touching your skin.
Use hand sanitizer.
Don gloves via cuffs.
Exit, close door and lock with clean gloved hand.
Do not touch face, mask, or adjust gloves while out.
On return, unlock and open door with gloved hand (assume outside door handle contaminated).
Remove gloves via cuffs only.
If extra careful:  Use hand sanitizer.
Enter vehicle (assume inside of vehicle is clean).
Close door.
Remove face mask via elastic bands only and tuck into plastic storage bag.
Use hand sanitizer.
Drive to next destination.

Throw in extra sanitization steps to suit your level of OCD.  No medical training, but I work with very sensitive equipment from time to time and get trained on keeping things clean and uncontaminated to microscopic levels.

I leave the mask on and take it off when I get home.

Offline freedomcm

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 381
  • -Received: 90
« Reply #1272 on: April 08, 2020, 07:16:14 AM »

Better to put it into a paper bag (labeled with the date) for a week of quarantine when you enter your car, if you think the mask might be contaminated, so as not to distribute the virus inside your presumptively clean car interior.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1273 on: April 08, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »

Better to put it into a paper bag (labeled with the date) for a week of quarantine when you enter your car, if you think the mask might be contaminated, so as not to distribute the virus inside your presumptively clean car interior.

Good point. If I take my mask on and off in my car. Then I have a chance to touch my face in the process. (my n95 mask has two rubber straps)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:09:10 AM by eyephone »

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 472
  • -Received: 456
« Reply #1274 on: April 08, 2020, 09:07:02 AM »
If you want to get tested. $75 bucks and takes about an hour.

Private coronavirus testing sites draw crowds in Malibu and Westminster
Actor Sean Penn's nonprofit and an Orange County physician offer both types of COVID-19 tests — nasal swab and blood test

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/06/private-coronavirus-testing-sites-draw-crowds-in-malibu-and-westminster/

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal