Home outdoor lights control in HOA community

hurijo

Is anyone familiar with how the outdoor lights and house number backlight are controlled in newer HOA communities like Woodbury, Cypress Village, etc? I'm not referring to the front porch light that has obvious light switch next to the front door, but ones that are attached to outside of house (like next to garage door, probably shaped in some lantern) and always seem to turn on at dusk.

Only asking because recently moved and one of those lights was out and thought it was just the bulb so replaced that, but that didn't fix it. One of the other lanterns on the outside of my home is lit, but as far as I know, there isn't any obvious light switch for these lights. Are these controlled by a light sensor on the home? or programmed through the HOA?

Hey, I know this post is old, but if you still need help, I had the same issue.

The number light is controlled via a photo cell (sensor that detects light) usually mounted on the side of your house near the garage. That connects to a transformer which is probably in your garage. One of those two things has gone bad. (More than likely it is the transformer).

Back